Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flaggy

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

Grandma in her craft room painting her one thousand point Necron army.

╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ flaggy's sig is a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Got a new game called "Vietnam." Half the rules are in Russian and there's no win condition, but I can't stop playing.

BoldFrankensteinMir

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

Got a new game called "Vietnam." Half the rules are in Russian and there's no win condition, but I can't stop playing.

"Uncle Henry, you can't move pieces into Cambodia, you have to stay on the board!"

"Ach, Billy, I do not have nephews, only interests"

Manifisto

board game of the movie "wargames" which consists entirely of trying to trick people into removing the shrinkwrap from the box

TK8325

board game of the movie "wargames" but it's just the script to the movie and you act it out with your family.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Jumanji but in God Mode

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Ouija Board but in Un-god mode

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

MockingQuantum

Mega Civilization but in Where-Is-Your-God-Now mode

thank you luvcow for the sig

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
I call this game "Rat King" *lightning crashes*

ghost emoji

oooOooOOOooh

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

I call this game "Rat King" *lightning crashes*

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this post and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this post, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the post and any attachments. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this post or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Me playing Chicago express: I don’t really want to pay for a full share, do you want to split the bill? Here, I’ll tear it in half and I’ll give you half the dividends

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Anniversary

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:
Hey guys I've got a new euro we should try, no not the one about Mediterranean trading, or about medieval farming, this one's set on Mars!

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

"Why's your dad looking stern wearing a royal costume on? I thought this was supposed to be board game night."

"Oh, he's found a new favorite game."

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

FactsAreUseless

When this began - when did this begin? - it was a game. A game: one decision after another after another after another, until we'd made every possible choice and began to make impossible ones. Was it the boy (the brother), his name so long forgotten, that started it? He built the machine. Was it the girl, and it's possible she never had a name, that started it? She used the machine first. It was the mother, the father, as they merged into one in our minds, creator/destroyer, a single thing that began the game and ended it, but can we say they started this? They dismantled the machine, but by the time they did it was no longer bound by physical form.

I think - "I," "I," "I," as though the self was anything but an abstraction, a convenience - that it was the infant, unformed potential, who started it. He/she/they revealed to us what lived in the hearts of stars.

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Some aliens abducted/adopted me and then we played some Farkle.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Dick Bastardly posted:

Some aliens abducted/adopted me and then we played some Farkle.

I didn't enjoy being kidnapped, I enjoyed learning pinochle from the kidnappers. That's very different.

Baller Ina

:whattheeucharist:
Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called LIFE *spins wheel*

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

kalel

FactsAreUseless posted:

When this began - when did this begin? - it was a game. A game: one decision after another after another after another, until we'd made every possible choice and began to make impossible ones. Was it the boy (the brother), his name so long forgotten, that started it? He built the machine. Was it the girl, and it's possible she never had a name, that started it? She used the machine first. It was the mother, the father, as they merged into one in our minds, creator/destroyer, a single thing that began the game and ended it, but can we say they started this? They dismantled the machine, but by the time they did it was no longer bound by physical form.

I think - "I," "I," "I," as though the self was anything but an abstraction, a convenience - that it was the infant, unformed potential, who started it. He/she/they revealed to us what lived in the hearts of stars.

Manifisto

FactsAreUseless posted:

it took a little while, but I appreciate what I think this is

BoldFrankensteinMir

Sweat beaded on Aunt Gladys' furrowed brow. "Who suspends a bathtub on poles like that? Rube Goldberg was an idiot!" she thinks but dares not speak. She knows, the children rung around the yellowing kitchen table know, everyone knows that if this stupid trap doesn't work at least once, then the whole weekend was lame. Lame. Aunt Gladys would not have it. The greatest entertainer of Polkabarrel county steeled her grip of the colorful miniature plastic bowling ball for the eighth time and this time by God, it was going to work.

FactsAreUseless

Manifisto posted:

All my BYOB posts are in a shared universe. Have fun piecing that together.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Thing One is passed out in the bathtub, Thing Two is hiding in the laundry basket.

Cat In The Hat: "We really need to be going, I've got work--"

Dad: "Face me in Tecmo Bowl, you coward."

Family: "Bowl, Bowl, Bowl."

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Manifisto posted:

Is it Mouse Trap?

FactsAreUseless

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

Is it Mouse Trap?
It isn't anything lmao, I wrote it in two minutes. It's just an improvisational writing exercise.

Manifisto

FactsAreUseless posted:

It isn't anything lmao, I wrote it in two minutes. It's just an improvisational writing exercise.

lol, I thought you were going for a pastiche of parker brothers games (hence the "brother"). like referencing the dispute over "who invented monopoly", the use of hearts and stars in careers, babies in the game of life, etc.

never let authorial intention get in the way of a good theory, that's my motto

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

Is it Mouse Trap?

I think we can all agree when I say what Facts is trying to say is that it was about being abducted/adopted by space aliens, and then taught the greatest game the universe has ever known to be in existence; American Space Football

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Dick Bastardly posted:

I think we can all agree when I say what Facts is trying to say is that it was about being abducted/adopted by space aliens, and then taught the greatest game the universe has ever known to be in existence; American Space Football

FInally someone is talking sense

Anniversary

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:
"You think this is a game?!" My wife bellowed.
"Uno." Was all I could meekly reply.
She looked down at my Draw Two card, pondered for a moment, and threw her hand on the table.
"I want a divorce." She said.
She always said that when she lost.
This time she meant it.

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

never let authorial intention get in the way of a good theory, that's my motto

Death of the author *grins evilly @ FAU*

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
ME: I win again, mom and dad! Man, you guys suck at Trivial Pursuit!

DAD: NO YOU SUCK AT LIFE!

ME: wait...

DAD: YOUR WHOLE LIFE IS A TRIVIAL PURSUIT! AND YOU ARE BAD AT IT!

ME:...

MOM:...

DAD:...

MY SISTER: ok, back from the bathroom, what did... I... miss? Why is Frankie crying? Dad, did you modify the title of another board game to express your enmity?

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
twenty minutes later, "Your whole life is Sorry!"
"Dad!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
*pushes game box for Get An English Masters under couch with heel of foot*

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

• Locked thread