Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woden
May 6, 2006
I don't even wear shoes outside if I can get away with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I take off my shoes but I've noticed that some people don't. At least we have shoes in the US, most euros just walk around bearfoot

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Europeans smell like they are farting and sweating crab juice

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Don't you dare wear shoe in my house.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

put shoe on head

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Grape posted:

Hello person from teeny tiny country who thinks the hugemassive country with dozens of totally different climates and terrain all do the same things with regards to their houses and shoes.

im from canada, you could say a larger country than the US ;) and i have yet to meet a canadian who wears the shoes they wear outside in the house at all times

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Do it ironically posted:

im from canada, you could say a larger country than the US ;) and i have yet to meet a canadian who wears the shoes they wear outside in the house at all times

what do short men in canada do? in the states there is always a dude about 5'6" wearing boots standing on a white rug at every house party holding a beer

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Serious Post:

Because it's not a thing that is expected in the US we generally don't put much care into what our socks look like and your average Americans socks probably look kind of pilly, stained or have random holes that were not deemed worth throwing out like you would a pair of shoes in the same condition.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Do it ironically posted:

lmfao that you thought she meant larger as in landmass you loving idiot, you furcking loser.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Are we running out of thread ideas or what exactly, I don't understand what's going on here or why it matters

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's because I am cursed with feet shaped like the horrible grasping talons of a bird of prey. scratches up the hardwood pretty bad.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

It's a hold out from our colonial days. The British demanded we take off our shoes so now we wear them in defiance

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I like feet

For loving

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Do it ironically posted:

In their houses?

It's loving disgusting you're walking all over, you're in public bathrooms where people piss and poo poo on the floors, outside walking where a dog took a dump, and that's not even talking about how uncomfortable it is to have shoes on all day.

Can some american explain this to me because i'm at a loss for any sort of benefit to this, take your drat rear end shoes off at the door you don't live in a barn!

What, are you eating off your floor? Who gives a poo poo?

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

a hall runner is really just a coaster for feet

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Do it ironically posted:

Then this is an even stupider thread than I thought lol.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Grape posted:

Then this is an even stupider thread than I thought lol.

turn on your monitor

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Waterbed Wendy posted:

lmfao that you thought she meant larger as in landmass you loving idiot, you furcking loser.

Also this.
Canadians are all lined up along the US border.
Ain't no desert Canada, no bayou Canada, no tropical Canada.

Except I'm a dude.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Grape posted:

Also this.

Except I'm a dude.

oh sorry, I just assume everyone online it a woman. it's a bad habit I need to break.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Do it ironically posted:

turn on your monitor

It's now so stupid I'm also convinced you don't remotely know what most Canadians even do with shoes.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Waterbed Wendy posted:

oh sorry, I just assume everyone online it a woman. it's a bad habit I need to break.

My inexplicable avatar setup bought for me by whoknows is sorta vaguely feminine I guess??

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Spagghentleman posted:

Oh man this thread again :allears:

This is a reoccurring thread?

As an American, I don't wear shoes inside and most people I know take their shoes off at the door. That is if they are wearing shoes and not newspapers wrapped around their feet. The etiquette for hobo shoes is different.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

This is a reoccurring thread?

As an American, I don't wear shoes inside and most people I know take their shoes off at the door. That is if they are wearing shoes and not newspapers wrapped around their feet. The etiquette for hobo shoes is different.

I never take shoes off, you are wrong and maybe probed. Jk

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Woden posted:

I don't even wear shoes outside if I can get away with it.

http://barefootislegal.org/

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Grape posted:

Also this.

Except I'm a dude.
The tundra is the desert, SW ontario is the bayou and BC is our rainforest

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

i have a friend who does this he calls it "earthing", though he also has energy crystals he puts out on full moons so...yeah

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Do it ironically posted:

In their houses?

It's loving disgusting you're walking all over, you're in public bathrooms where people piss and poo poo on the floors, outside walking where a dog took a dump, and that's not even talking about how uncomfortable it is to have shoes on all day.

Can some american explain this to me because i'm at a loss for any sort of benefit to this, take your drat rear end shoes off at the door you don't live in a barn!

They don't. hth /thread

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Do it ironically posted:

and that's not even talking about how uncomfortable it is to have shoes on all day.

lol sorry about your plight pierre

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Gas op ban thead

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I live out in the country, and I don't wear shoes inside or out if I can get away with it.

One time, I got a really painful plantar wart.

But instead of going to the doctor I used a surgical clamp and pulled it out by the roots. Fuckin' weak tea wart. Go home, scrub!

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Ew

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
Cool, the confected outrage brigade is here :rolleyes:

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

you wear shoes in the house because at any moment you may have to battle a sump pump, walk through the griswold family attic, or kill a small animal in the pantry

boy scout motto

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I get foot cramps if I walk around barefoot for too long

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Even to bed? Even surfing? Even in the shower? :thunk:

Bed shoes, water shoes, and shower sandals, respectively

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

General Dog posted:

I get foot cramps if I walk around barefoot for too long

Your foot muscles are weak from disuse. You should start training them up

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I don't though?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Bed shoes, water shoes, and shower sandals, respectively

even after my beer league hockey games don't wear sandals never have gotten a wart or athletes foot god bless rink rats and their commitment to cleanliness

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
Vibrams 5 Finger supremacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
In america we don't have piss, poo poo, and other unsavory fluids on every walk-able surface.

• Locked thread