Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

qkkl posted:

In america we don't have piss, poo poo, and other unsavory fluids on every walk-able surface.

Yes you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zealander
Aug 3, 2006
Our streets are clean and well maintained.
There are no piles of dog poo poo, puddles of piss or alcoholic puke on our streets.
Also we own more than one pair of shoes. So we do take off the shoes we wear to work (public toilets).

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Zealander posted:

Also we own more than one pair of shoes. So we do take off the shoes we wear to work (public toilets).

So you take off the work shoes when you get home, and put on the house shoes?

You're being cucked by your own feet.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IDONTPOST posted:

It's a hold out from our colonial days. The British demanded we take off our shoes so now we wear them in defiance

:911:

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I have recently rewatched Seinfeld and not once was any character without their shoes. Including Jerry who supposedly lives in his apartment.

Zealander
Aug 3, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Not right away, but if I go out for a smoke I put my sneakers or vans or whatnot, take a walk in the park, come back, why would I take them off? I'll go for another smoke in an hour or so.
When I have friends over, I don't require them to take their shoes off. What's a big deal?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Sir, could you please allow your feet to make the posts. They're clearly the ones in charge here.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Smythe posted:

slippers own you poor, poor, neglected soul.

slippers and a robe, boomshakalaka

:hi5: leather moccasin slippers with a fuckin tassel

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Grape posted:

Also this.
Canadians are all lined up along the US border.
Ain't no desert Canada, no bayou Canada, no tropical Canada.

Except I'm a dude.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okanagan_Desert

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Neat, I'm guessing all of three mounties pass through in a given year.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Zealander posted:

Not right away, but if I go out for a smoke I put my sneakers or vans or whatnot, take a walk in the park, come back, why would I take them off? I'll go for another smoke in an hour or so.
When I have friends over, I don't require them to take their shoes off. What's a big deal?

accept your fate and smoke inside imo

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Grape posted:

Neat, I'm guessing all of three mounties pass through in a given year.

It's quite populated and a very popular local vacation spot.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

The floor is lava

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think the only place people wear their shoes on indoors are big cities where one of the rats infesting your apartment will mistake your little toe for a snack

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

evilpicard posted:

The floor is lava

What's worse.

The Floor is Lava, or The Floor is Larvae

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

What's worse.

The Floor is Lava, or The Floor is Larvae

Trick question, the answer is The Floor is Lara Flynn Boyle

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
All of the cities in the US are swamps of hobo piss

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The interior of our house, save one small area directly inside the entrance from the garage, is a no-shoe zone.

gently caress wearing a shoe inside unless it's a house slipper or something. When workers have to show up for something, we ask them to put on shoe covers, and they generally have those on hand and don't act surprised when we ask for it, or they're already putting them on by default.

If for some reason we're stuck with people wearing shoes inside the house, vacuuming and mopping/swiffering happens as soon as they're gone. How often do we have house parties, you may ask? Fuckin' never, I'd rather pay a bunch of money to host an event elsewhere if I have to than have a bunch of people walking around in my house with their damned shoes on.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

Woden posted:

I don't even wear shoes outside if I can get away with it.

The bank and the liquor store where I live don't mind me being barefoot so as long as it's nice enough I refuse foot coverings. But dang restaurants keep telling me I gotta wear shoes.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Enjoy digging glass out of your feet after Hans Gruber shoots out your windows.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
For what it's worth, I have shoes that I only wear in the house. I got big feet and long toes and I'm constantly stubbing my toes on everything. I'd rather have some nice "indoors only" shoes than deal with breaking my toes all the time.

Also, nobody is interested in looking at my giant gross hobbit feet.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 15:47 on May 25, 2018

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah I work in a hospital, I basically want to throw my shoes into the fire pit when I get home most days as it is. I'm not walking around my home with those things on.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

ditty bout my clitty posted:

All of the cities in the US are swamps of hobo piss

This is true. I work in the Texas Medical Center, and I can perceive the change of seasons just by how much piss, poo poo, and vomit the hobos leave in the parking garage stairwells.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Get a load of these assholes with houses. I wear my shoes in the library where I live during the day.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

esperterra posted:

Trick question, the answer is The Floor is Lara Flynn Boyle

*sharts jorts*

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

mlmp08 posted:

The interior of our house, save one small area directly inside the entrance from the garage, is a no-shoe zone.

gently caress wearing a shoe inside unless it's a house slipper or something. When workers have to show up for something, we ask them to put on shoe covers, and they generally have those on hand and don't act surprised when we ask for it, or they're already putting them on by default.

If for some reason we're stuck with people wearing shoes inside the house, vacuuming and mopping/swiffering happens as soon as they're gone. How often do we have house parties, you may ask? Fuckin' never, I'd rather pay a bunch of money to host an event elsewhere if I have to than have a bunch of people walking around in my house with their damned shoes on.

drat you sound fun.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I don't??

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Burt Sexual posted:

drat you sound fun.

Lol

The_end
May 17, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

House slippers.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hey guys, throwin a house party at Marriott Rentals, inc. Starts at 5 ends at 10 pm sharp. Get ready for a blast!

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Only weirdos do this op

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Do shoe people wear them to bed as well, or when do they actually take them off? Put them on a little stand by the bedside? Under the pillow?

I have seen videos that suggest high-heels are sometimes worn in bed so...

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The_end posted:

House slippers.

Gross. Who wears slippers anymore.

Do you also wear a smoking jacket and beat your wife if she bruises the gin in your brunch martini.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Gross. Who wears slippers anymore.

Do you also wear a smoking jacket and beat your wife if she bruises the gin in your brunch martini.

yes to all, except my gin is a fresh MDCR (moutain dew code red) and my wife is an Ivy (soul calibur) body pillow

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i have different slippers for around the house and deck and for deck and outside. i change my slippers as needed, much like the noble nipponese

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why not nail shoes to your feet like they do for horses?

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?
You know how good it feels to come home and kick your shoes off after a long walk or run? Why would foolish Americans delay that feeling?

Also they either mop all the time or their babies have amazing immune systems?

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
gently caress you OP, a barn would be a palace compared to my current digs.
My last place was a poorly converted 80 year old sheep shearing shed and was a lot nicer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabcakes dogg
Aug 8, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I don't and I do get a little irritated in the back of my mind when people come over and don't take their shoes off. But not enough for me to actually care (unless they are tracking poo poo inside).

• Locked thread