Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
In their houses?

It's loving disgusting you're walking all over, you're in public bathrooms where people piss and poo poo on the floors, outside walking where a dog took a dump, and that's not even talking about how uncomfortable it is to have shoes on all day.

Can some american explain this to me because i'm at a loss for any sort of benefit to this, take your drat rear end shoes off at the door you don't live in a barn!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Macasaurus posted:

on the contrary op, the only people i know that wear shoes in their homes are europeans, which fits with all deodorantless stereotypes there are of euros

maybe you just don't know enough people because from what i understand it's quite common in the USA

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Grape posted:

Hello person from teeny tiny country who thinks the hugemassive country with dozens of totally different climates and terrain all do the same things with regards to their houses and shoes.

im from canada, you could say a larger country than the US ;) and i have yet to meet a canadian who wears the shoes they wear outside in the house at all times

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Grape posted:

Then this is an even stupider thread than I thought lol.

turn on your monitor

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

i have a friend who does this he calls it "earthing", though he also has energy crystals he puts out on full moons so...yeah

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Bed shoes, water shoes, and shower sandals, respectively

even after my beer league hockey games don't wear sandals never have gotten a wart or athletes foot god bless rink rats and their commitment to cleanliness

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Not wearing shoes in the house ,but letting your animals track in mud and then piss and poo poo and shed all over the house honestly doensn't make any sense either

i mean that's a thread for another day but yeah i agree it's disgusting people own cats, they take dumps, walk all around in their poo poo, then jump on the counters and furniture, cats are essentially the wearing your outdoor shoes inside of the pet world

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

esperterra posted:

If you keep a clean litter box this is literally nbd unless the cat somehow pisses on itself or literally steps in poo poo, in which case there might be something wrong and you can clean up the cat yourself.

Like I won't pretend it isn't gross to find litter tracked around sometimes but cats are anal af about being clean so it's nbd other than having to vaccuum more often, which you'd have to for their fur anyway even if you had outdoor cats who only piss outside.

just because you can't smell it anymore doesn't mean that ever person coming into your home doesn't smell your cat and the litter, they ALL smell, everyone knows the "cat house" smell

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Methanar posted:

Do none of you people wear socks?

Socks are the only thing I've ever worn in my house in my life

i have socks but when i get home i take off my shoes and socks and barefoot it around the house unless it's really cold then i might put on some comfy socks >.<

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Gone Fission posted:

ding ding ding

OP, it's possible that the only Americans you know have very filthy houses. How do you know these people? Are they related to you?

I guess anything is possible, they’re not relatives mostly friends I’ve made and their extended families, but for Americans they all seemed cleaned compared to the, I’m so fat I roll around on a scooter eating blocks of “American cheddar” hoarder Americans

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Grape posted:

Come one! Come all! See the bustling regional hub of uh "Kelowna"! Bursting at the seams with *checks notes* 127,380 people lol

hey, that's where I live, it's loving gorgeous here. I worked a half day today then spent the day with my wife and kids on the beach. you just have to deal with the aggressive street kids (live here because it's actually warm), and the redneck alberta tourists, but gently caress you okanagan is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Gone Fission posted:

- a simulacrum of cheese made from processed dairy byproducts is called "American cheese" in America, not "American cheddar"
- cheddar made in America is just called "cheddar"
- not being a full-on hoarder who gets invited to reality TV shows, is a very low bar for cleanliness
- if you are an hoarder, you can't roll around on a scooter because your house is too cluttered for anything with wheels

oh. i apologise, fat people eating cheddar

• Locked thread