Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Not if you're playing Thracia. :getin:

A Complete List Of What I Know About Thracia:

1. It's the fifth one, midquel to the fourth one
2. The lord is Leif, he sucks
3. It's hard as poo poo and staves can miss
4. The Reinhardt
5. I think this is the one with the incredibly bullshit recruitment for that General near the end?
6. Everything posted on this page now

Don't worry, you won't have to watch me bumble my way through that any time soon.

I wanted to go ahead and mention in this thread, btw, like I did in my other one, that update speed might be slow for a bit. Things are getting a little hectic in my personal life and recording/making the updates is something I like to do in one or two sittings, or else they get disjointed and bad. So to make a quality update (or what passes for it in one of my lps) I need a big chunk of time that I haven't been able to find as often lately.

It just depends on luck sometimes because my schedule is naturally kinda volatile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

LordHippoman posted:

5. I think this is the one with the incredibly bullshit recruitment for that General near the end?
Correct. To sum it up:

To recruit Xavier, you need to have several NPC civilians talk to a similar number of enemy Knights (that are affiliated with Lenster) in Xavier's room. But, each civilian is coded to speak to a specific Knight, so you have to not only wait until the correct civilian/Knight pair link up and escape, but in the middle of all of this are a couple of Knights from Freege (the actual enemy force) to screw things over. Then, once all civilian/Knight pairs are taken care of, Lief has to talk to Xavier himself to complete the recruitment process. And then, just to top things off, there are 15 or 16 Soldiers on the map that will give the player a reward (the Member Card, aka an item that is used to find Secret Shops) if you spare all of them.

I recommend reading the respective part from Cake Attack's LP to explain everything, including the dick punch at the end that is Lief's plot promotion event.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
The game is weirdly forgiving in this part (I mean... forgiving for Thracia 776) in that a) you can actually sleep the knights and the civilians can still talk to them (nowhere else in the game can you put an enemy to sleep and still recruit them) and b) if either the civilian or the knight dies AFTER the knight in question turns, it's okay. As a matter of fact, Xavier can and will kill his own knights once they turn.

No, what hosed me on my first playthrough is that dark mages with seige tomes spawn starting from turn 19 on a very isolated part of the map. But they're close enough to kill the civilians, and they will. So... that was fun...

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I have some bad news.

My computer had a few issues a couple of months ago. I thought I had fixed the problem, but a few days ago things went South again. This time, according to the repair shop, it is bricked.

The files for both this LP and RF2 were all there, and data recovery may be too expensive for me in my current financial state. Especially having to buy a new computer and all.

Barring some kind of random miracle, I think I'll be forced to cancel this LP. I'm not happy about that, but I've honestly exhausted my options. I'm very sorry. I'm going to leave the thread open for a few days just in case, but the prognosis is grim.

Regardless, thank you for reading and posting. I am very pleased with the reaction this got while it was active, and I always get great threads because of you people.

bibliosabreur
Oct 21, 2017
Christ. Sounds like the LP Curse claims another one in unusually vicious fashion.

Best of luck, LordHippoman. :smith:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Postpone it until you have a new computer and the free time to catch up to where you are?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Oh nooooo :(

Sorry to hear it, man, your LPs are good and the Curse is unfortunately real :(

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
LP curse :argh:

I'm very sorry, LordHippoman. Your LPs are always excellent, I'm bummed that you have to replace your PC and I'm bummed that this LP is canceled. I hope you can get a good replacement machine for comparatively little money.

This LP has inspired me to do another Sacred Stones run. I've kept Ross at level 1 until I got the Metis Tome. Let's just say that he's very, very strong now at level 8 hero.

By the way, two of the magic schools in this game have nice and fast spellcasting effects, and their associated classes also have quick movement animations on the map. The other magic school has spells that look like crap, and most of them take ages to resolve the animation (resulting in a miss all too often). The associated class also moves as fast as a snail on the map. I deeply regret making a certain someone a shaman. And seriously, can druids look more lame when casting?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If you're looking for a good cheap laptop, I'm pretty happy with my Acer Aspire E15, especially after getting a solid-state drive to boot off of. (Just make sure you have a small Phillips screwdriver. It was easy actually getting the thing in and setting it up, but I had a bit of an adventure getting it open first because I didn't have one and the little one that comes with the SSD stripped when I tried to use it to open the case.)

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Aww man, that really sucks.

Best of luck, and here's hoping for that miracle.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

Well that sucks, sorry to hear that LordHippoman.:(

Rather than completely canceling the LP, I like PMush Perfect's idea:

PMush Perfect posted:

Postpone it until you have a new computer and the free time to catch up to where you are?
We can wait to resume the LP until you've got a new computer, it's not like Fire Emblem LP hiatuses haven't happened before. (Path of Radiance had like a month hiatus, if I remember right.)

If you wanted to you could play to Ch 6 and modify everyone's stats to be what they currently are, then continue like nothing happened. Only difference would be slightly different weapon uses and weapon EXP, but those don't really matter.

I can go through the LP and find what everyone looks like right now, if you'd like.

Saladin Rising fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 9, 2018

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Saladin Rising posted:

Well that sucks, sorry to hear that LordHippoman.:(

Rather than completely canceling the LP, I like PMush Perfect's idea:

We can wait to resume the LP until you've got a new computer, it's not like Fire Emblem LP hiatuses haven't happened before. (Path of Radiance had like a month hiatus, if I remember right.)

I thought about that, but honestly at this point with all of the poo poo I'm going to be caught up in I don't know if I would get back on it within a few months, or at least not at a decent level of quality. This is kind of a big dose of burnout.

We'll see how it goes, but I can't guarantee anything, so I think it's safer to close the thread. I appreciate the advice, though. A mini-retirement just seems in the cards for now.

Torrannor posted:

By the way, two of the magic schools in this game have nice and fast spellcasting effects, and their associated classes also have quick movement animations on the map. The other magic school has spells that look like crap, and most of them take ages to resolve the animation (resulting in a miss all too often). The associated class also moves as fast as a snail on the map. I deeply regret making a certain someone a shaman. And seriously, can druids look more lame when casting?

I was going to record Novala's Flux and slow it down by like 50% for the update, then see if anyone would notice.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I followed along with the Virtue's Last Reward LP, waiting a month is nothing.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Sad to see this happen to both your LPs. I don't usually post, but I wanna let you know that I'm legit OK with waiting as long as it takes to either see these LPs come back or a new one, whichever one comes up in the future. As long as you, personally, aren't done, then that's fine with me. Take as long a break as you need to :)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
:negative: NOOO! Not this LP :(

When I did my own LP, one of the first things I did, was always back up everything I'd ever written to the Cloud, back up saves to the Cloud and immediately upload pictures to the server. I was deathly afraid of the LP curse, because I'd imagine losing everything would immediately give me a burn out. So I totally understand your feelings regarding restarting this.

Take it easy Hippo, we'll be here whenever you get back on your pegasus.

So..... I guess Thracia when you get a new computer? :v:

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Aw, that sucks. Good luck unfucking the situation!

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

A real avatar never dies, even when it's replaced!
Well poo poo, that sucks. Not just the fact that the LP might be force canceled, but replacing a PC is a major money sink.

Regardless, I wish you luck on getting a better computer.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Read the LP title as "why do you cancel an LP". Apropos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Xander77 posted:

Read the LP title as "why do you cancel an LP". Apropos.

can't believe I kicked my own rear end in such a way

Unfortunately there were no miracles and everything is kinda sunk. Sorry, folks. This one's done, but thank you all for participating in (or just reading) the LP. Hopefully you enjoyed what you saw. Huge thanks, as always, to everyone who also contributed fanart.

I'm going to take a break for a while, but I'll probably be back eventually. Will it be this game? Will it be something else? Honestly I'm not sure but I'll find out. Hope you all have a good one, and thanks again for reading. Sorry things didn't go all the way.

• Locked thread