Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
https://blessonline.net/

TL;DR are any other goons playing this mess? I'm gullible enough to try it, though I didn't buy early to get into the early-launch bonus days. :wooper:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

It's going to end up the exact same way as Riders of Icarus:

Technically competent enough, ticks the usual feature list, far too late to market in an already over-saturated market, won't grab a sizable player base for more than the first month (if that), back into obscurity forever more.

Will probably stay online for many years thanks to gambling addicts and RNG based lock boxes & P2W.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It failed in two markets, and Aeria Games backed out of their publishing contract before even announcing a beta.

So uh. It's a pretty game world, though.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I'm going to be making a guild for this, but it won't be public invite until I get some "guild levels" or whatever it requires. At which point I can invite people here. Anyone else is free to make a guild (the initial cap is 10) and we can merge later or whatever.

I'm going into it with a positive attitude, if it crashes and burns, no big deal. Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
My brother and I may make the purchase but we're waiting to see what happens after the first week or 2.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Probably going to be horrible but i play all these terrible games anyway might as well try it while it has a playerbase at launch.

Are there factions or any of that kinda crap we need to choose?

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I suggest Union, the people I'm playing with for a bit, as well as the BDO goons, are going Union (I think). After I get some guild levels I'll invite people if someone else doesn't scoop people up, I just don't want to have to turn people away when I'm still at the low cap.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

dipwood posted:

I suggest Union, the people I'm playing with for a bit, as well as the BDO goons, are going Union (I think). After I get some guild levels I'll invite people if someone else doesn't scoop people up, I just don't want to have to turn people away when I'm still at the low cap.

I didn't know there were any BDO survivors. Good to hear.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kimsemus posted:

I didn't know there were any BDO survivors. Good to hear.

The launch goon guilds for that collapsed in record time. I hope Bless can beat that record.

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.
I'll be rolling in it because I have to keep the Bad Decisions of 2018 going. Surprised other goons are even looking at it, was sure it would of been passed up.

Misren fucked around with this message at 09:49 on May 27, 2018

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

3rd launch to new market is the charm. Maybe Bless won't belly flop this time.

I'm absolutely going to wait a week or two (or six) after launch before I think about putting money into this dubious proposition though.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

DancingShade posted:

Technically competent enough, ticks the usual feature list, far too late to market in an already over-saturated market, won't grab a sizable player base for more than the first month (if that), back into obscurity forever more.

Will probably stay online for many years thanks to gambling addicts and RNG based lock boxes & P2W.

The ballad of the modern MMO

I will pick this up though and play at launch because I am a stupid man

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Is it steam exclusive?

gbmcb
Mar 1, 2006
I'm gonna give it a shot too, been mmoless for awhile.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I watched like an hour of some streamer playing this, why should I care about this and why is the the second coming of Christ? Looks like some mediocre FFXIV clone.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Just fuckin lol if anybody actually thinks Bless will be like BDO.

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe

Schubalts posted:

Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference between a bucket of brown vomit and a bucket of diarrhea. Just sayin'.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I meant gameplay-wise, but ok.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Schubalts posted:

But...castle sieges! A-and guild wars!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I'll try Bless, if the PVP/RvR is good I'll stick around and run a goon guild maybe, or roll with other goons if they have one. If I milk a few months of fun out of it I'll be happy.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

dipwood posted:

I'd recommend Hieron just for another reason: this game has dynamic faction locking depending on server imbalance, and I believe most people are going to be going Union from what I've read/seen in terms of surveys on various sites. I have no clue how dynamic the lock is, though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bless was already outdated when it came out in Korea I'm sure it'll do great in the west

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

https://blessonline.net/

TL;DR are any other goons playing this mess? I'm gullible enough to try it, though I didn't buy early to get into the early-launch bonus days. :wooper:

It's another KMMO have we learned nothing Kim?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Just choose whatever faction has the coolest hats in your opinion. No point in getting too worked up over it when you'll be hunting for a new non-dead guild a month after launch :v:

(no offense to any goons starting a guild but you should know how this is going to go down by now)

Pankratos
Dec 26, 2009

YOU DEFEATED
I prefer to be on the ship as it sinks, so I'll be joining up when this comes to early access. Probably Union if I can help it.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
It's good to see all the familiar faces and it's nice to know that we all still have more money than sense.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

DancingShade posted:

It's going to end up the exact same way as Riders of Icarus:

I tried ROS for a week was absolutely blown away by how much it sucked. The contrast between what was advertised and what you got was probably one of the most dire cases I've seen in a game lol. The UI and controls were terrible and none of the creatures you tamed felt important or interesting, probably because they glitched out constantly and were never helpful.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Two factions that can't play with each other, forced world PvP.

It's almost like they want the game to fail :psyduck:

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Bought the game and downloading it now because I am a very stupid goon who thinks that THIS time, I wont regret starting a new MMORPG.

edit: I'm also going to be Union faction

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Paypal me 40 dollars and Ill play with you OP

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm buying this because I'm an idiot. Should I be blue or red?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I bought this because my friends are all idiots who bought it, meaning I'm an idiot for following them as well. We all went Union as well.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is it Normal that I'm just stuck on the BLESS splash screen after launching?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What server is everyone on? I'm on Hamurabbi or whatever.

fadam fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 28, 2018

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
as a connoisseur of most lovely korean and chinese MMOs, this game is rough as fuuuck

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
Buyer's Remorse was too long of a guild name. :(

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

fadam posted:

Is it Normal that I'm just stuck on the BLESS splash screen after launching?

If you are stuck on the Bless splash screen, quit and try again (well not right now, the server is down for emergency maintenance). You aren't actually waiting for anything unless you see that you are in the queue.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
The quest text uses different translation than the skill description. Top chinagame there

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

Rigel posted:

If you are stuck on the Bless splash screen, quit and try again (well not right now, the server is down for emergency maintenance). You aren't actually waiting for anything unless you see that you are in the queue.

I had to turn off the windows firewall to get it to get past the screen.

I'm dumb and also injured and I have a love/hate relationship with the stupid opening weeks of MMOs. So which server and side are most people on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/BlessOnline/status/1001183183621144576

• Locked thread