Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
So... how much did your friend pay you to tow the bike away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Slavvy posted:

Well, an ex250 shock bolts into a gpz, a gpx, a zzr AND an American market 'pregen'. It's exceedingly unlikely yours has some bizarro shock, but it's like a fifteen minute job to take it out and measure the relevant dimensions.

One serious note here: anytime someone who is good at wrenching tells you a thing will take X time, it will take you at least 4X. Then you’ll get more comfortable and it will only take 2x. Then you’ll work your way down to telling other people “it’s a one beer job.” And they’ll be the ones taking an entire Sunday to change an air filter.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

mewse posted:

Princess auto had "freeway blaster" horns on sale for $15 so I got one of those and just installed it on the bike because the horn wasn't working. Thankfully the new horn works and it wasn't a problem with the wiring.

HOWEVER, the turn signals aren't blinking properly. I thought it was because I didn't have all four connected (front two are attached to the fairings I took off). I just connected all four and it's still not working. Some kinda relay problem? Any advice appreciated.

I also bought some things they had on sale:

- Snap ring pliers (to do fork seals eventually)
- 17mm socket (to do oil change)
- 4pc tie-down straps.. for if/when I get a trailer to haul this around
- Tappet adjustment wrenches (weren't on sale)

Are they LEDs?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

mewse posted:

All the bulbs light up, would the relay be a standard part?

e: hmm looks like the relay is almost as swappable as the horn was, and if I put a new school flasher in there it will improve the reliability anyway. Just gotta find the thing on my bike

So the fuse isn't blown?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

mewse posted:

There are main jets, pilot jets, and idle mix screws right? Or are the idle mix screws also pilot jet screws? Maybe I should just replace the jets, there are new idle mix screws from the carb kits - I gave them 2.5 turns backed out because that's apparently factory.

e: gently caress it, ordered a set of jets

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

mewse posted:

Also the bike made its first 10ft trip under its own power :toot:

Congrats!

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

mewse posted:

Good news: rear tire is seated properly and holding air now.

Bad news: chain adjusters are fuuuuucked, right one is bent and screw is stripped, left one screw is seized

Cut the right one off to get it out. Then put in a new bolt of the same size. Penetrating fluid + heat for the other.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Or... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OLZu7JCOQGA

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

This is indeed a cool and good thread, I love seeing and hearing about your progress.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Sagebrush posted:

oh is someone in here talking about replacing the speedometer on an 80s japanese bike

Have you been spending your quarantine time working on making yours more readily available?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Buddy. I love you as only a goon can love a total stranger online, which is kind of not a lot, but...............WHEEEEEEEEENNNNNN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

mewse posted:

What is this project and why is there no thread?

Sagebrush posted:

current dashboard status: lookin pretty fuckin vaporwave

And link to the posts: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3098443&userid=185146&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#post472511773