Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I went 500R but i am going to try my hand at some fairing crack repair this summer. also eagerly following. Loving this as i strongly suspect my second bike purchase will be some $250 craigslist drag-off and i might as well stay in the family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
looks like '87 was 12:1 compression and 88 started 12.4:1 compression and more aggressive ignition advance. Pretty sure cheapgas will be fine.

Regardless, you are doing a good good by not running poo poo gas through it. I'm going to try as hard as I can to feed my 500 through the ethanol-free station on this side of town.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Motivational pic: saw this streetbeater ninja behind work today. I dig it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
It's really dramatic when they're side by side. buddy pic from the other day

Yeah i know, i didnt block his plate on the 1st pic. Anyways. Theirs is way cooler.

His bar setup is interesting; no drill, just single bolt through the each of the lower of the two holes for the bolts that anchor the stock risers to the top triple.

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 22, 2018

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im selling my ex500 to a buddy next week but this god drat thread is making me think about turning right around and picking up a 250 to fix up for a grocery getter
well done

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah degrease that filter first, its got tons of dust and grit trapped in the filter particles. I use simple green but basically any grease cutter should do it

You can do it! We believe in you!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ex500 obviously

good work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Great now i want one of those with the Kill Bill siren noise.