Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

if only because day 1 lasted about ten minutes before cpig hosed it

but then, if you give the pig a vig..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ugh that was in response to anidav

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin whats your take on the db / hal night fuckery

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Morning flip was interesting

quote:

They were stabbed to death, and appear to have other wounds on them as well.

flavour?

two people one target?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

well to expand on that, two different people hitting the exact same target?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

keeps talking to self, slowly shifts into columbo voice

"maam, do you think that these other wounds, the ones that didn't kill him outright, would they be related to some kind of animal?"

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Other wounds could reference 3rd party killer. Reaper targets don't die straight away so it could be a Possessor or Sorcerer

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Other wounds could reference 3rd party killer. Reaper targets don't die straight away so it could be a Possessor or Sorcerer

I'd say none of the above.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Well if you must know

Knight can only kill if target isn't town otherwise they commit suicide

Alchemist can kill via instant poison but it wouldn't cause wounds

Prince is dead but has the ability to night vig who he jails

Mastermind can kill but most likely killed n1

Reaper can kill but thier target only flips the night after.

Sorcerer can kill by casting magic missile.

Possessor can kill by redirecting thier target A to kill target B

Possessor is the most dangerous because they can body swap like captain ginyu flipping thier old body as whatever role they like and taking over the body of another player which I would imagine works via co ordination on discord to make a poster post the words of the Possessor but that player is technically dead.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Throne of Lies rule also dictate that every game Must have a 3rd party killer so it is absolutely one of either Reaper Possessor or Sorcerer.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Anidav posted:

Well if you must know

Knight can only kill if target isn't town otherwise they commit suicide

Alchemist can kill via instant poison but it wouldn't cause wounds

Prince is dead but has the ability to night vig who he jails

Reaper can kill but thier target only flips the night after.

Sorcerer can kill by casting magic missile.

Possessor can kill by redirecting thier target A to kill target B

Possessor is the most dangerous because they can body swap like captain ginyu flipping thier old body as whatever role they like and taking over the body of another player which I would imagine works via co ordination on discord to make a poster post the words of the Possessor but that player is technically dead.

Sorry MM recruited n1

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah I can read roles bro.

for someone who is all up on the source material and normally willing to run down a narrative rabbit hole of their own making I feel you've missed the obvious here.

why have you skipped hunter?

quote:

-Send a wolf to attack a player. They will bleed out in one night unless healed or immune to bleeds.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Because Hunter causes bleed it's not instant. It's basically poison.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Because Hunter causes bleed it's not instant. It's basically poison.

##vote anidav

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

And it's not a delayed kill like reaper because it can be cured mreaper cannot.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I mean I guess you could describe a wolf bite as other wounds but it's a dog bite dude if your willing to flavor stab would in a kill text whirly not also put bite marks.

It seems rather odd? Other wounds could more be something indescribable such as being hit by magic?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Or it could just be oddball flavor indicating a struggle but either way a 3rd party killer is a given.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

I mean I guess you could describe a wolf bite as other wounds but it's a dog bite dude if your willing to flavor stab would in a kill text whirly not also put bite marks.

It seems rather odd? Other wounds could more be something indescribable such as being hit by magic?

It's taken you long enough to get around to it.

I like how you flip from being really literal in some games to willing to make up complete scenarios out of thin air in others.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Or it could just be oddball flavor indicating a struggle but either way a 3rd party killer is a given.

unless it's a hunter, cos they're not 3rd party, but you seem to have made up in your mind it's not the hunter for some reason i can't fathom.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

anyway i've caught up on thread and now this tête à tête is making me tired

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Beetphyxious posted:

unless it's a hunter, cos they're not 3rd party, but you seem to have made up in your mind it's not the hunter for some reason i can't fathom.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

But it's a mafia game based off another Mafia game so that restriction might not exist here.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm really confused by Anidav's posting. Is he intentionally trying to mislead town by posting role theories that don't line up with the list in the 2P or did he just not take the time to read them.

Also thanks for whoever mentioned the earlier in the day than normal deadline, I would have missed that and was planning on catching back up on the game over the work day since I was busy for a lot of the weekend.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
do they really not line up with the list? personally i appreciate the work because there are a ton of roles and its hard to keep track of all of them

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

do they really not line up with the list? personally i appreciate the work because there are a ton of roles and its hard to keep track of all of them

I'll start double checking (might take me a little bit because at work) but at the very least his table breaking image doesn't line up with the 2P

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anidav posted:

Curious how psychic may work in this game if its included too given that several roles rely on /whispers

Psychic isn't listed as a possible role

Anidav posted:

I think you mean butler.

re: spec on who could have poisoned Gulag. Butler can only poison the King.

Anidav posted:

Mastermind has to convert to an Assassin (permanently) during the day to have a kill and while that's technically a possibility, losing their Mastermind abilities immediately seems like it would be a really bad move?

Anidav posted:

Sorry MM recruited n1

catches himself here, though definitively saying that's what they did is a little :thunk:

previously mentioned hunter stuff

Anidav posted:

But it's a mafia game based off another Mafia game so that restriction might not exist here.

see my initial statement

The mastermind stuff pings me the most

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m exhausted from working overnight and will probably be asleep at deadline so I’m gonna go ahead and ##vote RF he’s being not helpful and I know from many past games that putting mild suspicion on me is one of his go to scum tactics.

Hopefully I just need a short nap but more likely I’m gonna need a lot more

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

##vote Anidav for now, I'll make sure to check back in closer to deadline

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

also Yami I think you need to update votefinder to include Beet

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry, just wasn't feeling like an internet denizen this weekend.

Gut feels:
Anidav
MMT
Juanito

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’m exhausted from working overnight and will probably be asleep at deadline so I’m gonna go ahead and ##vote RF he’s being not helpful and I know from many past games that putting mild suspicion on me is one of his go to scum tactics.

Hopefully I just need a short nap but more likely I’m gonna need a lot more

wow this post/vote is really bad, feels like scum voting for the vote leader to prevent a no lynch. "putting mild suspicion on me is one of his go to scum tactics" lmao
##vote hal

icephoenix i read through anidav's posts and then your case, and i still don't really see a problem with his setup/spec interpretation.

we're probably going to end up no lynching, which is fine with me tbh. but we have like an hour til deadline. is anyone else going to show up?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

wow this post/vote is really bad, feels like scum voting for the vote leader to prevent a no lynch. "putting mild suspicion on me is one of his go to scum tactics" lmao
##vote hal

icephoenix i read through anidav's posts and then your case, and i still don't really see a problem with his setup/spec interpretation.

we're probably going to end up no lynching, which is fine with me tbh. but we have like an hour til deadline. is anyone else going to show up?

I didn't realize we had a deadline right now. Whoops. Hal does have a bad case, but it reads very much like a Hal case.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Anidav

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Deadline in like 15 min. Probably a no cuddle.

##vote Anidav

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I didn't realize we had a deadline right now. Whoops. Hal does have a bad case, but it reads very much like a Hal case.

Lol rekt

Would rather no lynch than vote anidav

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

Lol rekt

Would rather no lynch than vote anidav

Unless you have a reason not to vote them, I'm keeping my vote there.

They have said some eyebrow raising things and it's still effectively d1.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol 5 people aren't gonna vote

nice

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Day 2 ended in a no-lynch.

It is now Night 2!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Anidav (4): Beetphyxious, IcePhoenix, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy
Retro Futurist (3): Murmur Twin, GulagDolls, Hal Incandenza
Hal Incandenza (1): GulagDolls, GulagDolls, b-minus1
Murmur Twin (1): Dick Bastardly

Not Voting (5): Anidav, CapitalistPig, Juanito, Retro Futurist, tithin

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 04th, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. CEST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
:rip: Anomalous Amalgam, the Inquisitor! (Limited Bulletproof/Ninja/Magic Cop/Nightkill) was bested in combat. :rip:

Your goal is to survive to see the Sorcerer defeated.

:rip: Retro Futurist, the Princess! (Limited Rolecop/Limited Tracker) was blasted by magic. They also suffered numerous other wounds. :rip:

Your goal is to defeat the Cult or the Unseen, as well as any third parties seeking you harm.

It is now Day 3.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 5, 2018

• Locked thread