Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
OK, let's do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Hello Friends,
I am the good king Cpig and I am here to further all Blue Dragon related agendas.

Any dissenters will be summarily executed.

All hail King Cpig!

Birdstrike posted:

i declare a revolt ##vote CPig

##vote Birdstrike

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

First rule of new meta, is don't talk about new meta.

Is this a newer new meta than the last new meta?

Also what are your thoughts on being passed up for King despite having "King" in your name?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Anidav posted:

*the court falls silent for reasons unknown*

I’m on a phone and thus am not really reading over the role list to try and seduce stuff yet, that’ll come later today.

b-minus1 posted:

Disagree. Dayvigs are real dumb and almost always lead to us losing town.

This post pings me - it feels like scum trying to take a stance on something that isn’t actually relevant to “who is scum?”.

What’s your take on no-lynching d1?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Feel free to seduce me MMT (insert sexy emoji I am too lazy to find here)

Hey baby what’s your alignment? :peanut:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Is the second part a snide remark or are you just doing what you accuse b-minus of doing in the first part?

Hah I was gonna vote for b-minus there for emphasis, but forgot to, but it’s a d1 (essentially) case so whatever

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

---

Lmao. Also we didn’t no lynch, the day ended because there was a day vig. Not sure why you are so interested in my “take” on this

I didn't say we no-lynched on d1!

I was more questioning why you pointed dayvigs (that almost always lead to us losing town) are "real dumb" when D1 lynches also almost always lead to dead town (but are accepted as necessary for information) but that's more about mafia theory than me actually thinking you're scum for it.

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm still suspicious of Hal but I'm not entirely clear on what just went down here. Not sure I feel anything about anyone else yet

---

I do kind of like this. Binus hasn't done much either

---

There’s no way Gulag read the rules deep enough to know about the day poisoner, he’s telling the truth

There's something about the way RF is posting that feels scummy to me (the first two comments re: suspicious people don't really offer any insight as to why he feels that way, and then Gulag is a town read). ##vote RF

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Also yesterday

In fact MMT has been quiet the whole game.

Being quiet is a scum tell for her.

hmmmmmmmm

Hah finally! Frankly it's been weird that it took so long for someone to call this out.

Real life has been busy and this thread has been kind of tough to follow, I'm basically reading now and starting from scratch.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

---

we're probably going to end up no lynching, which is fine with me tbh. but we have like an hour til deadline. is anyone else going to show up?

---

so Moat, AA, and RF were all targeted by two players during the same night? that seems... unlikely

---

Lol nice probation. That’s what you get for posting in fyad. Looks like we need a replacement.

B- is making posts that are just sort of narrating, but don't really have anything to do with finding scum.

b-minus1 posted:

You’re posting a lot more than you typically do... why are you so active this game

---

I actually dont find DBs call out as weird as Hal’s response

---

wow this post/vote is really bad, feels like scum voting for the vote leader to prevent a no lynch. "putting mild suspicion on me is one of his go to scum tactics" lmao
##vote hal

This feels like a fake case.

(a) There's no known correlation between Hal posting more and being scum
(b) He says that Hal's response is weird but doesn't case him on it
(c) This seems like a really lukewarm reason to be suspicious of Hal

##vote b-

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Juanito posted:

I'm okay with killing the king so we can do the whole royal blood thing.

---

I didn't even realize there were 4 potential serial killer roles.

I do want to vote Anidav now.

I think it would be interesting to get a new king, but I'm not convinced that Cpig is scum...

I'm not a fan of Juanito being satisfied with voting for a neutral healer / someone he has no alignment read on in a game with 2 kills a night.

Juanito - who's your strongest read for scum right now?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Also yesterday

In fact MMT has been quiet the whole game.

Being quiet is a scum tell for her.

hmmmmmmmm

Cpig, say something that makes me think you're town.

In a game with

(a) DB (probable butler) probated
(b) an SK

I feel like we lose outright this turn if you're a psycho king and we don't do something about it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

GulagDolls posted:

>killed town guy for no reason, thus ruining day 1 and the game, forever
>isnt playing
> is cpig

Am I wrong in saying that we no-lynched D2 when CPig could have circumvented that by shooting the vote leader?

Pig, is there a reason you didn't?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

So yeah, right now b-minus is my strongest scum read based on his posts, but I lean scum on CPig as well and am not sure it'll be possible we can come back if two more town die tonight and he's a Psycho King.

Based on that, ##vote CPig but I'd also vote B-.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Oh it's a one-shot, my bad :350:

I'll go back to ##vote b-minus, of the two he's the one who I feel pretty confident about.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Who knows :shrug:

Catching back up on everything and...yeesh. Doubling down on what I saw from day "one" I guess.

I'm just gonna get the ball rolling and ##vote Anidav

Can you explain to me in like a sentence or two what the rationale is for wanting to vote Anidav?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

I would assume so but if the two of them are in league together they're being way too obvious about it.

---

I was poisoned, so obviously I can't counterclaim him.

It seems weird for a poisoned player to think "I believe the other poisoned player and the player who can heal poison are both lying".

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Probably. Like I said, Anidav's posting pinged me, so he's who I'm interested in.

I'm also curious about who KB tried to visit last night.

If Gulag was lying about being poisoned, who else has the assassin targeted with their day action?

Why are you so curious about who KB visited? Does it in any way tie into an alignment call on him?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

I would also be fine with MMT, seems like she’s promised some content and never delivered anything of substance I can recall, she’s better than that

He says, while voting for the person who she was the first to case.

I just woke up, gimme a bit to catch up.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

i dunno. I keep going back and forth on ice. I initially didn't think his prodding of KB was suspicious. If anything, KB's dancing around the topic pings me more.

I see that Hal and MMT has disappeared once again. Really not sure what gulag is doing this game. I'm gonna hold off on voting for now, but I will be at my computer until deadline.

Why exactly are you holding off on voting?

IcePhoenix posted:

Because all I have on Gulag is "might have been a gambit" and his type, but there are a ton of Killer/Offensive roles that can be Blue Dragon.

KB's actual posting is really bad, IMO.

I'm still confused who you think the assassin targetted on other days if you know you've been day poisoned?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

? I don't see a reason to vote now. The thread is moving slowly and a few people havent posted in almost a day. for example, where the hell is cpig?

What's your reason to not vote now? Are you afraid of a turbo or something?

(for those following along, the implication that I'm making is that not voting is often a scum tell)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

lol why are you trying to bait me into voting? I've listed out my scum reads aka who I would vote for. the thread is c ompletely dead right now.

I'm not trying to bait you into voting, I'm saying that people who are afraid to vote are often scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Beetphyxious posted:

hey mmt can you let us know what you are it'll make things much neater. ta

see avatar

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

OK guys I know this looks bad but you have to believe me that I'm being set up.

##vote Anidav

I've never been more serious about anything in my entire life.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Oh wow, the bulletproof was at the end of a wall of text about the roleblock immune, basically as an afterthought, that I didn't notice it :downs:

Well that makes me feel much better about taking a shot at MMT

I thought you were a Twins fan? :ohdear:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pander posted:

That's some good flailing MMT :)

Hi Pander! Always happy to see you playing Mafia again :peanut:

Haha there's nothing more I hate than trying to lie my way out of being caught by night actions. Do what you all must. :sadpeanut: Any chance I can bargain my way out of being executed today?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Also I don't know what my being a Twins fan has to do with this!

It was a bad attempt at wordplay on my username :eng99:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Any bargaining would have to start with a fullclaim + actions IMO.

OK OK OK here's my pitch:

(a) I'm the Sorcerer
(b) I see that there are 9 people alive, with 5 votes necessary for an execution
(c) So in a hypothetical world where there is a Survivor, me, and 3 scum (Mastermind, Assassin Converted) - we can theoretically win the game if we pile on a town player, right?

##vote IcePhoenix

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

They couldn't convert last night because they had three going into the night

Thanks though!

Haaaaaaaaa poo poo. :eng99:

Pig, you a psycho king perchance?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

So what did you do last night? Target me with your secondary?

I tried to kill you but it said you were immune to attacks.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

I actually can't figure out what role is left in the game that would make me immune to attacks that doesn't contradict known or claimed actions for last night.

Probably don't take anything I take too seriously at this point :j:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

They couldn't convert last night because they had three going into the night

Thanks though!

Man, it'd suck if you guys kill me today and then someone gets recruited tonight and you all can't figure out who it was and lose :ohdear:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

It would suck even more if we mislynch and then scum just win though.

Yeah. Really, the best case scenario would be you guys finding the Mastermind today.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pander posted:

So the question becomes: lynch MMT tonight, or take a stab at finding the MM?

:ohdear:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Get me out of this jam and I promise you my undying loyalty and appreciation.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Beetphyxious posted:

Ahh okay I see. i think I was misread the maximum 3 thing, I was thinking mastermind plus three more. Not three total.

So no, all roles should be in the clear currently.

Until tomorrow, of course. :ohdear:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pander posted:

I wrote a long rear end post about game theory for handling the lynch today (MM vs SK) but basically it's all based on a single assumption, that MMT is definitely the SK and not the MM.

Is there any strong evidence that's the case?

C'mon who would mistake me for any sort of mastermind? :350:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I have no idea how to play non-town in open setups, the second I need to fakeclaim something I fall apart :eng99: Sorry to the unseen for not fighting harder/better after I was found out as bulletproof.

Thanks for the game Yami!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, it's hard to judge balance since the lurking/giving up was off the charts. But it does feel pretty challenging for scum to navigate this game.

Like, at one point it seemed like scum had it in the bag just due to town apathy. But if town was actually playing from the start? I think it would have gone bad for scum even earlier.

I asked Yami about it, and apparently the actual game this is based on doesn't normally have mass claims, because it goes so quick. But forum mafia wise, it feels like you could mass claim this setup pretty easily and narrow your scum list down super quick from day 1. Alternately if you wait for a day or two of results, then when you mass claim there is pretty much nowhere to hide.

Also, I think the extra information provided on actions in this game makes it even harder for scum to navigate.

Yeah I had scum anxiety really hard at the start of this game (as people were sharing information and I knew I was going to look shadier and shadier if I didn't start talking) but didn't have a scumteam to talk me off the "augh I'm imploding" ledge. I actually requested a replacement because it was stressing me out but since no one seemed to be available so I troopered through.

Once I dived in I was having fun again, but then once I was outed as bulletproof I didn't really know what to do anymore. For 5 minutes I thought I was a genius when I voted for Ice thinking we had the majority but oops :eng99:

Haha I actually figured you (KB) had to be scum because if you were town you would've nailed me immediately - I feel like scum me and town me sound completely different and I've lost my ability to fake it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pander posted:

Fwiw I had a minor two minutes heart murmur seeing you declare that so authoritatively.

Hahaha I spent those two minutes feeling like a mafia genius, I wish I had been right :eng99:

Pander posted:

heart murmur

heart you too, pander

• Locked thread