Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

lmao Branson is out of his goddamn mind if he thinks im gonna listen to him talk about the book writing process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
It was interesting

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it was a genuinely solid discussion.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
it's better than you'd think

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea like I get that it's super not an 'episode 1' thing so yea if you're just here for goofs and weird internet humor it's not that but it's a pretty solid discussion and it's nice to hear the actual Branson talk about something he's passionate about.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
i'm gonna read his books

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!

Finicums Wake posted:

i'm gonna read his books

I'm ⅔ the way through into the hills young master

And it's incredibly well written

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

I am steadily binging my way through E1 during my commute and so far all of my favorite episodes follow the exact same formula of it being them making up ridiculous athletes. it seems like they have the most fun with those as well. the early detroit pistons episode is still my favorite but the games and the terre haute 500 are both hilarious too

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Reaverbot posted:

I am steadily binging my way through E1 during my commute and so far all of my favorite episodes follow the exact same formula of it being them making up ridiculous athletes. it seems like they have the most fun with those as well. the early detroit pistons episode is still my favorite but the games and the terre haute 500 are both hilarious too
It's gonna be a while before you get to Bubble Ballers so I kinda recommend skipping ahead to that one bc it's so good

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Reaverbot posted:

The NBA players in Pulling the Chair are real.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Chauncey Billups sounds like such a Pynchon name that I never would have guessed tbh

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Jestery posted:

I'm ⅔ the way through into the hills young master

And it's incredibly well written

yeah I really liked it, he really nails a certain type of disaffected white male semi-failson who posts on internet forums.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!

Puppy Galaxy posted:

yeah I really liked it, he really nails a certain type of disaffected white male semi-failson who posts on internet forums.

That his exercise regimen in on the front cover had me in stitches for a morning

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Is the latest dungeons and deagels good? I'm thinking of re-subbing.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!

miniscule12 posted:

Is the latest dungeons and deagels good? I'm thinking of re-subbing.

Yes

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/fuckinalpamare/status/1301382082485268480?s=19

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

This was correct.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
3600 seconds was really fun

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

The Kingfish posted:

lmao Branson is out of his goddamn mind if he thinks im gonna listen to him talk about the book writing process.

bad news!

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

It keeps happening!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
he can't keep getting away with this!!

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

As a patron of his, Branson should have to know that I made a stink face at the title of this week’s ep

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
First one was good, excited for the new episode. We can have a little Sincere Branson, as a treat

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

E1 episode where two guys have a meandering low energy discussion about being novelists BUT this time it isn't a joke!!

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

to me.. it IS a joke 😈

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheBigAristotle posted:

First one was good, excited for the new episode. We can have a little Sincere Branson, as a treat

yea these are genuinely solid conversations about writing but I am kinda hoping they go back to joke stuff soon.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The bit about white women with MFAs who get on their high horse about white men with MFAs gave me flashbacks to the I Don't Even Own a Television episode about A Million Little Pieces.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
Listening to E1 reminded me of an old SA frontpage article about a (sadly fictional) tv show called Teen Orc.

Of course it turns out that it was written by Branson, in 2014.

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/teen-orc-retrospective/

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://www.somethingawful.com/author/143/

branson's front page articles.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

wise man & the fool is an s-tier episode

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

"I love to do thought experiments to help me think about my philosophy" is my new favourite Charlesism

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

branson’s current twitter gimmick is very good

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Since clearing my podcast backlog during WFH/lockdown times I've been putting on old episodes to fall asleep to, mostly the ones I remember being kinda low key where they don't totally lose their poo poo like the Smithsonian walking tour one and the phantom of rock n roll land... I recommend it

Also I re listened to Who Wants To Be Food while cooking a couple nights ago and I kinda want to do it again already. I'm dinner.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Who Wants To Be Food is literally peak 'this is a stupid idea but we're turning HARD into it and it becomes gold'

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The latest Fortune Kit with Will Menaker is a good one, another John Occhipinti jams.

I love when Will bursts into uncontrolled laughter, I was losing it when they played the songs, they're so uniquely and bizarrely awful

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
Occhipinti is some of the weirdest poo poo being made. Fortune kit is good.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
fable time. good lord, branson!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Hell of an episode. I have no idea where Taylor gets whatever it is that he has.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Sep 24, 2020

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I love it when they get a guest who just 100% goes for it, the weird theatrical nerd guy made this episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coathat
May 21, 2007

Boby games is a hero