Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

okay yeah that is like some planets aligning I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The OP doesn't say traditional Mafia. It just says simple abilities.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

I have suspicions that our friend Lando is Gaspy but 12 years is a very long con to run by any of our standards

look i wouldn't put something so convoluted past gaspy. it's totally his mo

however this has no transformers so I'm gonna go with no.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I am very suspicious of this whole thread in general. I reckon there's a terrible super scum out there specifically designed to gently caress with hambeet.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Anidav posted:

I am also vanilla town. I love playing straight.

this is a lie because im one-shot bulletproof serial killer day rolecop and u came up as one-shot bulletproof serial killer

##vote anidav

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

I am very suspicious of this whole thread in general. I reckon there's a terrible super scum out there specifically designed to gently caress with hambeet.

turns out

flerp posted:

this is a lie because im one-shot bulletproof serial killer day rolecop and u came up as one-shot bulletproof serial killer

##vote anidav

it’s you

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Nice work flerp played him like a drat fiddle

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

The OP doesn't say traditional Mafia. It just says simple abilities.

oh yeah

fair call

A bullet proof + SK tho

*best tithin voice* id say having either is simple, both, getting a wee complicated don't you think laddy?

*goes caber tossing*

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

oh this feels too familiar

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I want to lynch Bifauxnen because I think something cool could happen.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anidav posted:

I dunno, I kinda want to see if Bif has anything to say first.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Monathin posted:

I dunno, I kinda want to see if Bif has anything to say first.

cobwebs form

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bold strategy

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
hmmm

I'm gonna be a hypocrite

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

remember when auspol mafia had the 'never not lynch anidav day 1' policy

while it was funny at first, and actually good policy for a few games, i feel we missed out on a lot of fun

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Beetphyxious posted:

oh yeah

fair call

A bullet proof + SK tho

*best tithin voice* id say having either is simple, both, getting a wee complicated don't you think laddy?

*goes caber tossing*

There was a mafia game called "Nat20 is Scum Mafia". Everyone except Nat20 were 2 shot BP SKs. It was very fun and was over in like 2 days. Everyone is making a similar joke here.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ah k well i'll stop playing serious on day 1

suspiciously helpful

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So what your saying is he made auspol vanilla town and the rest of you horrifying bulletproof monsters

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Meanwhile super scum lurker Bifauxnen gains more powerful the longer we leave her alone.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Beetphyxious posted:

remember when auspol mafia had the 'never not lynch anidav day 1' policy

while it was funny at first, and actually good policy for a few games, i feel we missed out on a lot of fun

just updating my theory

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ok guys im going to level with here for a second and stop joking around, but the game is specifically about bif, it's not about any of us. the only reasonable thing to do is to kill her day one, because the entire setup probably revolves around her and we can immediately get to the point and see what happens when vote for her

in the event that nate just made a regular setup and singled out one player for no reason than we can punish him for doing that by voting bif anyway and ignoring the game

its the meta for these kind of purpose built games, you always attack the singled out player so you can see what the gimmick is, thats the whole reason to play

anyway, ##vote bif for real

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

ok guys im going to level with here for a second and stop joking around, but the game is specifically about bif, it's not about any of us. the only reasonable thing to do is to kill her day one, because the entire setup probably revolves around her and we can immediately get to the point and see what happens when vote for her

in the event that nate just made a regular setup and singled out one player for no reason than we can punish him for doing that by voting bif anyway and ignoring the game

its the meta for these kind of purpose built games, you always attack the singled out player so you can see what the gimmick is, thats the whole reason to play

anyway, ##vote bif for real

I will not vote yet, but this is a reasonably well-thought-out argument.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

ok guys im going to level with here for a second and stop joking around, but the game is specifically about bif, it's not about any of us.

bif is a beloved princess
bif is a jester
bif is nothing special and nag20 is jsut having a laff

quote:

the only reasonable thing to do is to kill her day one, because the entire setup probably revolves around her and we can immediately get to the point and see what happens when vote for her

okay yeah that's good i can get behind that

quote:

we can punish him for doing that by voting bif anyway and ignoring the game

that's sorta bad reasoning for town mmm dontya say?

but i'll take the point about ~data~ at face value and ignore how many times you rewrote that post before posting it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

for now

dun dun duuuuuun

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
In Nat20 is scum Nat20 was 2 shot lynch proof so it could hold here that Bif is lynchproof

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Beetphyxious posted:

bif is a beloved princess
bif is a jester
bif is nothing special and nag20 is jsut having a laff

In all these cases its best to vote bif.

SalTheBard posted:

In Nat20 is scum Nat20 was 2 shot lynch proof so it could hold here that Bif is lynchproof

and it would be a shame if the mechanic was never used

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bif could literally be anything including vanilla town.

we wont know till the flip

so we either agree that's worth pushing the lynch to find out as mentioned above for ~data~

or

we just go the traditional mud flinging monkeys are keyboards day 1 and dog pile someone in the last few hours

i like both options presently.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

look if nate did this whole thing and just made bif vt that's pretty funny and he deserves the chuckle, and he deserves it now. plus if we actually do have to a real mafia game god forbid, we'll at least stiop having to deal with the bif of Damocles

just remember, in this kind of slapdash, did it for the joke set up, you are playing against the mod

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Anidav is always correct.

##vote Bifauxnen

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

seems a bit opportunistic there anidav

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
im pgo deathmiller lunchbomb super saiyan

shame shame all piling up on bif

lets wait till she posts at least

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...
Oh right I signed up for this.

I'm in an unconfirmed masonry with Bif. I've read a few games with these so I think I know how this is going to go.

##vote Bif

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

Meanwhile super scum lurker Bifauxnen gains more powerful the longer we leave her alone.

nope

the gimmick is that Nat gets me so I am, as always, literally the towniest town

if y'all change your mind about lunching me please make sure my votes go back down to zero, there may be some delicate mechanics involved here to keep me in line with the theme...

failing that though, farewell idiots

I'm taking the Tay book with me

##vote Anidav

Lando131 posted:

Oh right I signed up for this.

I'm in an unconfirmed masonry with Bif. I've read a few games with these so I think I know how this is going to go.

##vote Bif

oh wait nvm lunch all liars

##unvote
##vote lando

not gonna be back before deadline byeeeee

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...

Bifauxnen posted:

##unvote
##vote lando

not gonna be back before deadline byeeeee

Why do you have to ruin the joke before anyone else has a chance to respond. :negative:

##unvote

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hi bif!

oh no she gone

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey bif im thinking of a number between 1 and 100

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Bifauxnen posted:

failing that though, farewell idiots

I'm taking the Tay book with me

my vote remains good

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

bif is a coward

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
im gehn ##vote genex

Adbot