Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Also if a scum player comes out right now and admits to being the person who killed beet, I'll vote with you to let you win the game

Rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It was a trap I was going to vote them, I just wanted the coward to confess

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Flerp, VT was lunched.

MMM Watcha Say VT was endgamed.

Atomic Soda, VT, was endgamed.

Bifauxnen, Town Aligned, Lurker, was endgamed.

A scumsweep goes to Mona (Godfather), Bird (Goon) and Yami (Tracker), congratulations!

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 13, 2018

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
thx nat20

sorry flerp :(

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
oh also I made something in the event I had to scumclaim

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
https://discord.gg/tVeK3q

Discord.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OA06MdR4EyN6KDITMyF99GonuGlGqaI6M3NzW-JBNj0/edit#gid=0

Moddoc.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

lol at least no one even noticed when I put a wrong vote down in LYLO

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

birb was 100% convinced you were baiting us into a trap with that vote

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

good job scum team. top effort.

oh also:

Atomic Soda posted:

i did not look at that post, think "as scum, my feelings are hurt" and make a post to that effect.

here is the post in question

this post is a read on town, not scum. i call it out, and yours, cause i don't think either are helpful in terms of encouraging town to play. i am not calling it out because i am scum who thinks that beet is saying he would do a better job than me.

nah it was totally a joke comment about scum because they were cleaning the floor with us.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Birdstrike posted:

You should have posted your forums sig

I literally spent minutes searching the forums for “LYLO FOR DUMMIES”

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I feel bad I didn't post as much as I should have. This was my first scum game since being a part of the forums, but I also felt like when I posted I posted well enough to keep people off my back. :confuoot:

I feel hilariously bad for Sal and Sniper - especially Sal, who we weren't going to try and push D1 and kind of got swept up by town eating itself. Sniper was a crime of opportunity and the fact we shot the cop N1 was honestly mostly blind luck aside from sniper being in the hot seat a bit.

The Beet murder was because I think out of all the remaining town Beet was the closest one to piecing together the bamboozle at the end since AS and MMM were already being set up against each other.

Also:

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

If the scumteam is actually something fun like Mona, Bird and Yami then we're truly screwed and they deserve a medal or something, particularly Yami.

:rambo:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dammit did that emote get deleted, oh well

:dukedoge:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Game explanation:

Bif:

Bif's role was lurker. Every time she posted she gained an invisible anonymous vote for the day. A lunch caused by these would not end the day nor would it be shown until the day's end. This could happen in conjunction with another lunch.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
shouldve voted mona after they said i was a good scum player smdh

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Monathin posted:

The Beet murder was because I think out of all the remaining town Beet was the closest one to piecing together the bamboozle at the end since AS and MMM were already being set up against each other.

lol the only people i had a ~feeling~ about was mmm, bird and atomic, but not enough to try swing a vote on any of them because i had no evidence to justify my feels

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Gamestates:

There were two versions of the game. Bif as town or Bif as scum. A scum Bif game would have had 4 scum with a godfather and nothing else. Town would have retained their cop and doc.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Why did scum sweep?

Well they murdered both town power roles in the first day.

Then they kept active and always had detailed cases set up on people that town often seemed to ignore.

Partly this was at least a little to do with timing. YF dodged a lot of scrutiny by being on German time for example. But broadly it was very solid play that won the game.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

My golden rule for my play was basically to always make a case I could have believed in if I was town. The Monathin in the thread and the Monathin in the scumdoc were effectively two different people. The only case I probably wouldn't have believed in was me calling Bif's post as bad, but that's because at that point I had hitched myself to the AS narrative and a swing would have saw me lose credibility. I probably couldn't have kept it up another day but by that point MMM and ASoda were so thoroughly flummoxed that the chances of any one member of the scum team getting dunked were effectively nil as long as we didn't do anything stupid.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

You'll probably also notice in the scumdoc that there was a lot of back and forth with Yami and I about various things and I tended to structure my game very conservatively: Yami had the tracker claim in their back pocket if we needed a solid dunk if the heat was on (as scum t rackers are tricky and hard to verify), but I felt like I've learned enough scum theory from games I was in that I was able to keep things decent for the both of us playing our first scum game.

Thanks to Nat20 to running this fun game, and Birb for helping make sure Yami and I lived up to our full scum potential :too:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
If only deadlines didn't keep lining up with work

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Monathin posted:

The only case I probably wouldn't have believed in was me calling Bif's post as bad,

yeah that was literally the only reason I thought you were scum, cause there was no reason to think my post was bad :v:

I sure thought my vote on AS had to be right though, when she wasn't even freaking out about being misvoted in LYLO at all!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I need to stop pinging bif with my super meta plays

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah that was literally the only reason I thought you were scum, cause there was no reason to think my post was bad :v:

Yeah but if I admitted you made a good post then I couldn't have set up the flerp dunk near as well and probably would have outted myself.

Also, like I said, we all thought you were baiting us with that post to follow your vote lead so you could go "ACTUALLY THIS WAS AN INTENTIONALLY BAD VOTE BECAUSE-" and then nail a scum.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
nice work guys, should have stuck to mona

Bifauxnen posted:

I sure thought my vote on AS had to be right though, when she wasn't even freaking out about being misvoted in LYLO at all!

there was no point freaking out i figured, but people thought alot of my plays were scummy so maybe that is my problem. i also thought you might be scum after that, cause scum would have jumped on. mea culpa

Beetphyxious posted:

good job scum team. top effort.

oh also:

nah it was totally a joke comment about scum because they were cleaning the floor with us.

thats what i thought!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Monathin posted:

Yeah but if I admitted you made a good post then I couldn't have set up the flerp dunk near as well and probably would have outted myself.

Also, like I said, we all thought you were baiting us with that post to follow your vote lead so you could go "ACTUALLY THIS WAS AN INTENTIONALLY BAD VOTE BECAUSE-" and then nail a scum.

lol how could I have time to pull some quick-undo avoid-the-scumhammer poo poo when I'm at work actually working

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

btw the only thing that got me vaguely annoyed this game was MMM thinking I woulda killed sniper D1 when he's a Mafia newb! :(

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

the only thing?

hot diggity!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

btw the only thing that got me vaguely annoyed this game was MMM thinking I woulda killed sniper D1 when he's a Mafia newb! :(

sorry sniper I thought you had played more after seeing you in Riven!

I can make it up to you in my upcoming game...

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I was so loving mad at town

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol just saw scum doc

yami i just love posting. don't hate the player.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Good job scum, an excellent job of avoiding any suspicion- I don't think it was even close at any point?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You monsters NKed a newbie night 1, you’re worse than Bif’s lurking.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Podima posted:

Oh yeah like I’m gonna take a lesson from Gehn of all people on ethics

protect your neck, binch

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Podima posted:

thanks dad

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

also no yami i wasn't suss on you at all.

Beetphyxious posted:

lol the only people i had a ~feeling~ about was mmm, bird and atomic, but not enough to try swing a vote on any of them because i had no evidence to justify my feels

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

Oh yeah like I’m gonna take a lesson from Gehn of all people on ethics

protect your neck, binch

don’t make me write giant novelty daggers into your world kiddo

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
can almost hear the Hara screaming as i plunge the dagger into my age and abdicate my destiny as He Who Would Write The Hottest Hookup

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think you can see it in my posting but I did start to realize at the end. I kept thinking that maybe one or all of those guys were scum but then thinking “well, we’re too far gone for that”

Particularly Yami, who I just genuinely didn’t give a poo poo if they won. Good work Yami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Anyway I’m glad this is over. It confirms that I hate mafia and don’t want to to play it.

• Locked thread