Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

meh I guess if you need to fill it up I can play, but I'm pretty busy so I don't know if I can post a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Beetphyxious posted:

I am in like uh bifin

I am actually really sad to be a lurker right now, cause you all are going to miss out on the ultimate slapfights

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

Bif is a lurker and lurkers should die on D1

someone get KB to sign up

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

Meanwhile super scum lurker Bifauxnen gains more powerful the longer we leave her alone.

nope

the gimmick is that Nat gets me so I am, as always, literally the towniest town

if y'all change your mind about lunching me please make sure my votes go back down to zero, there may be some delicate mechanics involved here to keep me in line with the theme...

failing that though, farewell idiots

I'm taking the Tay book with me

##vote Anidav

Lando131 posted:

Oh right I signed up for this.

I'm in an unconfirmed masonry with Bif. I've read a few games with these so I think I know how this is going to go.

##vote Bif

oh wait nvm lunch all liars

##unvote
##vote lando

not gonna be back before deadline byeeeee

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

first of all how dare you

sup MMM, just wanted to say I am risking death to say you're awesome, Warrior Buddy :3:

oh right, reads

Beet seems to be doing his normal thing

Anidav might be laying it on a bit too thick

yeah let's go back to Anidav

##vote Anidav

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

you dumb fucks

##vote Anidav

also lookin at MMM, maaaybe Lando again

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yeah I wanna vote Anidav for all the same reasons as before, (mostly gutfeel that he's laying it on way too thick with his narrative nonsense, plus his narrative nonsense is very bad and distracting) plus the fact that the vote got pulled away from Anidav for absolutely no good reason.

Seems like he's being protected.

ok no more posts for a while, man it's hard to keep up with this game hey, I'll try and give a more in depth look later!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Atomic Soda posted:

what was that game lando? i don't not believe you but i dont remember atm.

hammering sal for the fun of it has lost us town doc so i hope you're happy. its very suss someone makes a soft claim like that then two clowns rush into the room desperately mashing the vote button.

ugggggh I am rapidly running out of posts but what the hell is AS on about, that was no soft claim, and who gives anybody poo poo about hammering with 10 goddamn minutes to go, how is that "for the fun of it" christ

Only reason I'm not voting her now is cause then Anidav will fuckin slip away again for sure

ok bye now don't let me post again

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yay I can afford to post another time

please hammer Anidav, the momentum seems to have been frustratingly hard to build on him, which I find to be a bad sign. And he seems to be engaging even less and petering out with his reads as he sees the writing on the wall.

If he's scum, I'm gonna look at who was trying to push for different people away from him, hopefully get some good effortreads going overnight

... ok probably not cause I'm gonna be distracted by discord T/D but I'll try

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

We know that bif has a weird role with a post restriction. This leads me to think one of two things:

1) this role trades a nasty posting restriction for weird powers
2) the role offers nothing and is just here to punishment for bif, the way a man is hung in the stockades to be pecked by birds or something

while I'm sure we can all agree that number 2 is a fitting punishment for bif's crimes, I don't really see it as being the premise of a game. Bif is also trying rather inordinately hard and has never claimed what her role is or said to be vanilla.

trying inordinately hard??

Also I did in fact say my role. It is Towniest Town.

I've also hinted at the fact that my lurking is not entirely by choice, but it works out nicely when I am genuinely less able to read and play during workdays now.

anyway, Anidav sounded like he was going too far even for him.. which was wrong, I always get tripped up thinking he should be a better effort town for god knows what reason. But what's your excuse for sounding like Anidav at all?!

##vote MMM

all that NK analysis you got after this sure sounds like a thoroughly planned out narrative on top of that.

quote:

I was willing to think she had some sort of clairvoyance where she had to convince us to vote people without being able to say much but she was dead wrong about anidav.

I told Nat earlier he should just tell me which of the lunch candidates are scum, so I could do the flips for him again, but he refused. :v:

y'all shouldve listened to me about lunching Anidav D1 instead though. then Anidav would have been gone earlier, and we might still have a doc :colbert:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Also the only people I can see killing sniper n1 are bif and birdstrike, maybe lando.

why the hell would I kill sniper, he's fuckin awesome and that was extremely rude

btw I probably won't post again now, I better save one for deadline just in case I need to change my vote. I would be up for voting flerp instead, for instance.

But MMM, goddamn. He sounds like Anidav with his setup spec, but he's doing a lot more too. like role fishing me. I am being intentionally vague about how my mechanic works so scum can't seek to game it. And what was with that "Towniest ! =vanilla" post, is he like, "oh ho, well what if you as the towniest town are even BETTER than vanilla, what do you say to THAT, hmmmmmmmmm??" gtfo

so yeah I sure don't like him trying to dismiss it as "lol Bif's just don't the exact same wrong thing again".

oh, for the record, since y'all are trying to game the mod and all, this game was originally my idea. Nat was talking about how he had a million game ideas he wanted to run during Riven, and I was taking about how I was busy at work and already pushing it trying to keep up with Riven, so I'd have to start lurking full time if I played any of his games. I made a joke suggestion of "Bif Is A Lurker Mafia" as an homage to Nat20 Is Scum Mafia" and the rest is history. It is simply a goofy idea he had to get out of his head. He was a bit harsher with the enforcement than I expected, though!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

it's not about trying too hard, it's about trying to win at all

if we really accept that nathan is a cruel greek style god and has condemned bif to suffer, why would she even try to win the game at face value?

who says I am, I haven't bothered effort casing anybody, I'm just sticking to my good old strategy of seeing who all coming after me sounds the most full of poo poo haha

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm a big fan of the showiness in poo poo like "WHAT? NOW IM TRYING TOO HARD???" thats goofy

Lando and Bird are still my picks as the most likely to kill sniper and I think bif isn't being genuine in a negative way.

what showiness, it was a pretty silly idea and I don't see how you can pretend otherwise

ok now listen up peeps

I legit haven't been trying too hard at working this game out cause it's too hard to not post unless I hardly ever check the thread. But MMM is still my top scum pick cause everything he says sounds like he's trying to overexplain himself, or trying to establish a narrative about somebody else. He just has the scummiest tone overall by far.

Lando131 posted:

My honest guess is that if Bif isn't town she's probably a survivor. One of the reasons I signed up for this game was to play with Bif but I should have known with the name that was basically not happening anyway, oh well.

Sorry for being a complete failure of an effortposter this game if you're town, bif.

aww, I've wanted to play a game with you too! we should try again in Fire Emblem Mafia when it comes up soon, I'm gonna give that game a try cause Nat's real excited about it :3:

hm, wonder if that "my honest guess" thing is a bit of a scum tell though, haha

but jeez, I'm looking at VF to try and get a feel for who's voted who today at a glance and it is seriously bothering me that AS, flerp, and Monathin all hadn't voted once today even within an hour of deadline what the gently caress, are they all that scared of weighing in?

seems especially odd from flerp. Monathin at least finally placed one now when he seems to have just been away earlier. So flerps the worst here followed by AS.

oh well, not gonna happen in 15 minutes. here's my weigh in y'all we're waiting for so let's get on with it

##vote lando

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I still don't like MMM's posts at all, but besides him I'm doubting AS the most now, yeah

in LYLO a townie should be in full freakout mode, putting everything on the table and talking everything over double- and triple-thinking themselves into a paranoid frenzy. She just seems disconnected and still barely trying.

If y'all haven't decided by the time I go on lunch, I'm just gonna throw down my vote and have at it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

omg you losers still haven't voted or posted hardly any more than me and I even took lunch late! here we go then

Birdstrike posted:

Maybe I’m uncomfortable because on this page there are four people tossing up AS as a dunk candidate, at least one of whom is scum

oh yeah that makes total sense... except if there's 3 scum it could all be 4 townies and you're the scum! Also, scum still gotta try and not look too obvious and occasionally throw light shade on each other instead of never ever mentioning the others as even a possibility! So ok, maybe one of ems your scumbro and you're trying to make some dodgy-rear end proof that AS cant be scum cause of bad logic

ok we got AS and Birb who's next

Monathin posted:

Really not liking Bif's recent post.

let's say Monathin :v:

ok it's AS, Birb, Monathin, gg everybody, maybe swap in MMM for whichever one I inevitably got wrong

hope it's not AS though cause

##vote Atomic Soda

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

lol at least no one even noticed when I put a wrong vote down in LYLO

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Monathin posted:

The only case I probably wouldn't have believed in was me calling Bif's post as bad,

yeah that was literally the only reason I thought you were scum, cause there was no reason to think my post was bad :v:

I sure thought my vote on AS had to be right though, when she wasn't even freaking out about being misvoted in LYLO at all!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Monathin posted:

Yeah but if I admitted you made a good post then I couldn't have set up the flerp dunk near as well and probably would have outted myself.

Also, like I said, we all thought you were baiting us with that post to follow your vote lead so you could go "ACTUALLY THIS WAS AN INTENTIONALLY BAD VOTE BECAUSE-" and then nail a scum.

lol how could I have time to pull some quick-undo avoid-the-scumhammer poo poo when I'm at work actually working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

btw the only thing that got me vaguely annoyed this game was MMM thinking I woulda killed sniper D1 when he's a Mafia newb! :(

• Locked thread