Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results
  • The show opened with a Memorial Day tribute to the armed forces.
  • BRAUN came to the ring and explained that winning the MITB Ladder match will make him Mr. Monster in the Bank, and that Brock Lesnar will "get these hands".
  • Finn Balor showed up (some people booed!) and said it took everything BRAUN had to beat him last week, but at MITB he would be facing Finn AND all the other competitors. Finn intended to get back the Universal Title he never lost, and slapped BRAUN for calling him impressive "for a little guy", so BRAUN tossed him out of the ring.
  • Finn Balor defeated BRAUN by DQ, in a match where he looked like he might win clean until Kevin Owens, who was out for guest commentary, rushed the ring to attack him. BRAUN flung a ladder impressively far at Owens as he ran up the ramp, and Kurt Angle prevented Owens from taking Memorial Day off because, after all, he's Canadian.
  • Sasha Banks did a promo about winning the Gauntlet Match tonight for a spot in the MITB ladder match.
  • Elias spent a long time stalling in the ring, refusing to sing for the particularly disgusting and ugly crowd. Finally Seth Rollins showed up for his Intercontinental Title match against Jinder Mahal, and after Rollins threw his stool out of the ring, Elias left.
  • Seth Rollins lost to Jinder Mahal, but retained his IC Title due to losing by DQ. After Sunil Singh was ejected from ringside, he returned and distracted Rollins who took a chair shot from Jinder but managed to survive long enough to put a beating on Sunil and then take the chair to Jinder himself and get DQed. Afterwards, Elias assaulted Rollins with his guitar and left him laying, but Rollins refused help from the officials and walked out under his own power.
  • Nia Jax, now acting the heel, destroyed a local jobber in front of Ronda Rousey. She played up her superior size and power, allowing the jobber to put her into an armbar before powering easily out. When Ronda finally confronted her, Nia laughed off her patented mean look and said it didn't scare her, it just made her laugh.
  • Dana Brooke had done some Steiner Math to figure out the formula to win the Gauntlet match tonight.
  • The Deleters of Worlds defeated The Ascension in a tag match. Backstage, Kurt Angle was impressed but The B Team was not, and demanded a tag title shot. Kurt declined, saying they needed to get through the rest of the tag division first. The B Team, not quite grasping that Kurt could hear them talking, decided that what he really meant was that they needed to invite the tag division to a Memorial Day BBQ.
  • The Riott Squad did a promo about getting into MITB by one of them winning the Gauntlet Match tonight.
  • Kevin Owens defeated Bobby Roode in a singles match, but immediately afterwards BRAUN came out to confront him. Owens ran but got cut off by Roode, and BRAUN got him into the ring and shoulder charged through him. Roode celebrated as BRAUN destroyed Owens, and then in what came as a surprise to nobody but Bobby Roode, BRAUN destroyed him too.
  • Sami Zayn apologized for last week's astonishingly awful segment, admitted those men weren't REALLY Bobby Lashley's sisters, but claimed he was right that Bobby Lashley was a bully. Lashley came out, gave thanks to ARE TROOPS and then told Sami to man up and shake his hand and then they could settle this in the ring at MITB like men. Sami did so, then talked trash, and Lashley cranked up the pressure on his handshake to cause Sami great pain.
  • Mickie James did a promo about winning the Gauntlet Match tonight.
  • Drew McIntyre destroyed Chad Gable in a singles match.
  • The B Team held their Memorial Day BBQ with the Tag Division, and after handing over the food they quietly mentioned they were going to face the Deleters of Worlds for their Tag Titles and tried to leave. This eventually kicked off a food fight, as of course it must, though Rhyno was too busy eating to take part. The B Team returned and put Rhyno through a table. Michael Cole noted this was one of the saddest things he'd ever seen.
  • The B Team ran backstage to complain to Kurt Angle and demand a Raw Tag Team Title match. Kurt announced that next week would be a tag team battle royal with the winners getting a title shot against the Deleters of Worlds. Curtis Axel hugged Kurt, getting food all over his suit.
  • Bayley came out to open the Gauntlet match and was interviewed in-ring about the odds being against her. Liv Morgan was her opponent, but Bayley destroyed her with a single Bayley-to-Belly and got the immediate win. Sarah Logan was out next and fared a little better, actually taking it to Bayley a little bit only to get rolled up and pinned. Liv and Sarah teamed up to assault Bayley and knock her out just in time for Ruby Riott to come out.
  • Ruby defeated Bayley, Dana Brooke and then Mickie James to get down to herself vs Sasha Banks for a spot in the MITB match.
  • Sasha defeated Ruby Riott by submission to qualify for the MITB Ladder match. She powerbombed Ruby and put her into the Banks Statement, then broke it herself to stop Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan jumping her, then put Ruby back into the Banks Statement to get the win.

Smackdown Results
  • Samoa Joe opened the show by storming down to the ring, setting up a ladder and retrieving the MITB briefcase. He then cut a loving AMAZING promo about destroying Daniel Bryan's hopes and dreams.
  • Daniel Bryan showed up and warned him that if he mentioned his wife and daughter again, he would break Joe's leg. He didn't want to wait, he wanted to fight RIGHT NOW.
  • Joe was loving down to go LET'S DO THIS gently caress YE.... Big Cass showed up. He said Paige had told him he and Samoa Joe would be wrestling for the MITB spot once he was cleared... and he was cleared now. He attacked Joe with his crutch, took some kicks from Bryan before whipping him into the ladder, then took out Joe with the MITB briefcase.
  • We were promised Samoa Joe vs Daniel Bryan :cripes:
  • Shinsuke Nakamura walked backstage dropping pieces of paper numbered 1-9, when he got to 10 he tore it up.
  • Paige met with Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville who complained about Asuka getting shots, so she offered Mandy Rose a chance to take her on. Renee showed up to ask about WE WERE PROMISED SAMOA JOE VS DANIEL BRYAN and she explained Cass had lied, but he was cleared and she admired the passion shown, so she was changing the main event of Daniel Bryan vs Samoa Joe vs Big Cass.
  • Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Tye Dillinger, in a match where Tye put up a surprisingly good fight thanks to Nakamura being obsessed with putting him down for a 10 count, and "The Perfect 10" having a little fun with that. Finally Shinsuke got serious and laid him out with the Kinshasa. After the match he hit him with another one to the back of the neck and finally got the 10 count he'd been after.
  • AJ Styles was interviewed backstage and said Shinsuke had chosen a match that benefited himself as a striker, but AJ was used to coming in the underdog and proving himself the better man.
  • Lana came out with Aiden English and Rusev (who was livestreaming it) for her dance-off, followed by Naomi who came out with the Usos. Both seemed to appreciate the other and they ended up dancing together until Lana hit a neckbreaker on Naomi. A fight broke out with Naomi and the Usos coming out on top.
  • A blindfolded Miz was practising knocked pancakes out of the air, thrown at him by The Bar in preparation for their 6 man tag against The New Day.
  • The New Day defeated The Miz and The Bar in an excited, fast-paced and lengthy match that the crowd got REALLY into. After the match, New Day continued to play up that we still don't know which of them will be competing in the MITB ladder match.
  • The Good Brothers were interviewed backstage, where they showed off Karl Anderson's abs and insisted they'd gone out drinking with the Usos and buried the hatchet, and now were ready for the Bludgeon Brothers. The Bludgeon Brothers interupted via a nearby television screen to warn them to be prepared.
  • Sonya Deville jumped Asuka from behind as she was coming to the ring for her match with Mandy Rose. Carmella was on guest commentary and was delighted by this, but less so when Asuka was still able to recover and defeat Rose by submission. Carmella and Asuka faced off after the match and Carmella continued to put on a brave face.
  • Becky and Charlotte spoke backstage about both of them needing to win the MITB ladder match, and they couldn't let their friendship get in the way. Paige showed up to encourage their "competitive spirit".
  • Sin Cara embraced a confused Andrade "Cien" Almas backstage, only to be cut off by Zelina Vega who told him the man he thought he knew was now Andrade, who was the future of WWE unlike Sin Cara.
  • Samoa Joe defeated Daniel Bryan and Big Cass to qualify for the MITB ladder match. It was a good match, with Cass largely being sidelined early and then Daniel Bryan slowly gaining the upperhand on both Joe and Cass before concentrating fully on Cass and absolutely obliterating him only for Joe to rush in and get Bryan in the Coquina Clutch. Bryan passed out and Joe was declared the winner.
  • Postmatch, as Bryan recovered, Big Cass laid him out with the Big Boot and posed over him to end the show.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I hope Seth Rollins had a good birthday :3:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The hockey game was good as hell

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Somehow gone unmentioned in this thread as of yet is the fact that Enzo is doing rapsongs about his highly consensual penis

bartok
May 10, 2006

reignofevil posted:

Somehow gone unmentioned in this thread as of yet is the fact that Enzo is doing rapsongs about his highly consensual penis

how can fried chicken give consent?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Benne posted:

:agreed:

Yeah I'm so so glad I skipped Raw

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

FWIW after RAW went off the air the monitor guys flipped over to Game 7 highlights.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I'm assuming the thread title is a reference to Enzo Amore's

*pause*

consensual penis

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Also someone on Twitter brought up that getting your single on the front page of worldstar is at least $3000 a day.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

Also someone on Twitter brought up that getting your single on the front page of worldstar is at least $3000 a day.

It's a solid investment, worldstar loves white rappers.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
And Enzo will blow through that $3000 per day on dubious stuff and tickets to fights or whatever. He has AWFUL money management skills.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i could barely read through the raw results, and yeah thats the effort im going to put into this post, about the same as put into raw by wwe

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Couple thoughts off J-Ru's summary:
- They actually pushed Bayley a little? Huh.
- This is the second time they've done a women's gauntlet match where a heel wins most of it and then Sasha comes in at the end and then beats the heel, but it's portrayed as a big babyface moment. Wwwwweird.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
raw sounded real boring.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Raw felt like a go-home show except the PPV is still three weeks away.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also lol at Nia immediately turning back heel after that "inspirational" anti-bullying story

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

No, it's how much you have to pay to be on it

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Jerusalem posted:

Raw Results
[*] Finn Balor showed up (some people booed!)

TBF they only booed because they cut his music before we could do the arm thing

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Benne posted:

:hfive:

Anything on Raw worth going back for?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
is enzo's "consensual penis" a spoof on "detachable penis" by king missile cause if not i feel it's a real missed opportunity

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

I'm assuming the thread title is a reference to Enzo Amore

It was Cole's description of The B Team's BBQ.

I haven't watched Enzo's rap video. With this info you can narrow down my identity to somewhere within 99.999999% of the planet's population.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Wait......was Roman Reigns not on TV at all this week?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

It was Cole's description of The B Team's BBQ.

I haven't watched Enzo's rap video. With this info you can narrow down my identity to somewhere within 99.999999% of the planet's population.

It is genuinely worth it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Waffleopolis posted:

That's wild I bet ratings will be way up next week for his return.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Waffleopolis posted:

I'm starting to think the idea of Roman Reigns as the put-upon everyman working class hero who management hates but he still shows up to every show because he's just so gosh-darn committed.... might not be wholly accurate :tinfoil:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Waffleopolis posted:

Roman Reigns didn't show up for work today...

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

is enzo's "consensual penis" a spoof on "detachable penis" by king missile cause if not i feel it's a real missed opportunity

I wish it was detachable so he would put it in a dumpster

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

That's wild I bet ratings will be way up next week for his return.

Finally learning the secrets of the business from the true masters!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Glad to see that Enzo Amore is back on track to embarrassingly lose all of his money.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Soul Glo posted:

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Consensual penis
*dum da dum da dum*
Consensual penis

VJeff posted:

- This is the second time they've done a women's gauntlet match where a heel wins most of it and then Sasha comes in at the end and then beats the heel, but it's portrayed as a big babyface moment. Wwwwweird.

They think that having a heel dominate will put the crowd in "oh no, the heel might win!" edge of their seat territory and the face coming out to finally knock off the heel is great for face heat.

Obviously reality disagrees.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Innocent or not, theres a not-0% chance that right wing spiteful pricks could signal boost his dumb song for the inspiring achievements of surviving an accusation and then making fun of it

Of course, that requires there to exist anyone who earnestly cares about Enzo Amore

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I like how Enzo skipped the "fake apology" part of his comeback tour and went straight into the "embarrassing parody of himself" part. How long before he's on Celebrity Rehab?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The WWE needs to hire Enzo back, so I can experience the joy of finding out he's fired anew and again.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Goddamn that was a great hockey game.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

My sister-in-law has a Certified G shirt, I've gotta know what she thinks of that *long pause* rap video

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I feel like Rhyno blithely sitting in the chair throwing sandwiches, then getting smashed through a table by two wrestlers covered in guck, is some sort of visual analogy for being a WWE fan these days.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

DarkstarIV posted:

And Enzo will blow through that $3000 per day on dubious stuff and tickets to fights or whatever. He has AWFUL money management skills.

According to this http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video-guide/ he's paying 3k a day for that spot, yeah - not getting paid for it. He could have went full banner for 5k or had a heat seekers video made about him for 8k!

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

I wish it was detachable so he would put it in a dumpster

You could just like, throw all of Enzo in a dumpster.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I enjoyed Raw :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Enzo should get sent to a dumpster museum.

• Locked thread