Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enrique Meridian
Mar 29, 2010

EXECUTE VKM (notes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Do it ironically posted:

im not sure why i watched that awful music video, but lmao that was as awful as raw was. why does eric ardnt make his voice sound like he's a black rapper from atlanta? this guy is truly an idiot but i'll enjoy his public downfall

if he just, like, enunciated and, you know, did it more like a promo it wouldn't suck so hard but he insists on slurring the whole thing and forcing this unintelligible growly voice.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

VJeff posted:

Roman Reigns didn't show up for work today...

Brock: There's not going to be any consequences for Roman because he's the WWE Universe's boy!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
So why didn't Roman show up?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Creative had nothing for him.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Gonzo McFee posted:

They made him work with maintenance to rebuild the 'wall' he speared Jinder through as punishment.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Gonzo McFee posted:

in order to truly connect with the fans, he also took the night off and watched sports.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I have to laugh at Enzo's "gently caress the WWE I'm a rapper now" thing considering the video he posted of him in Times Square had him+the crowd chanting "HOW YOU DOIN" over and over again because it's the only reason why any of those people were there. He's a phoenix rising from the ashes or whatever but oh btw HOW YOU DOOOIN'

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

From the tasteless tattoos thread:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That is a terrible idea regardless of execution, but those look like prison tattoos

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
1. I had no idea Dean Malenko worked as a producer behind the scenes these days
2. Please tell me that's the same "Steve O." from Jackass

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Ick. Those flabby arm frames look like the kind you'd see on Botchamania when a non-HD clip is being shown.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I've only been watching WWE regularly for the past 1-2 years and I saw an NXT match recently from a few years ago with Rhyno squashing Elias and I was surprised by how over he was. When was the last time he was taken seriously on the main roster? Because in that NXT match they actually treated him like a threat.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Dacap posted:

I've only been watching WWE regularly for the past 1-2 years and I saw an NXT match recently from a few years ago with Rhyno squashing Elias and I was surprised by how over he was. When was the last time he was taken seriously on the main roster? Because in that NXT match they actually treated him like a threat.

When the roster split started him and Heath were the first Smackdown tag champs but because he is on Raw now he can't use his finisher because The Gore is much better looking than Reign's Spear.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Rhyno stopped being taken seriously long before he went to Raw.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
There was a point when American Alpha killed the whole tag division DEAD. Then they broke up American Alpha.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

There was a point when American Alpha killed the whole tag division DEAD. Then they broke up American Alpha.

At least AoP and Sanity probably don't have to worry about that anytime soon?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Potential Smackdown spoiler for tonight: The tweet was deleted, but WWE sent out a tweet saying Carmella would be defending the Smackdown Women's title tonight against Asuka.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chris James 2 posted:

At least AoP and Sanity probably don't have to worry about that anytime soon?

Sanity would have to actually debut first.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

DarkstarIV posted:

Potential Smackdown spoiler for tonight: The tweet was deleted, but WWE sent out a tweet saying Carmella would be defending the Smackdown Women's title tonight against Asuka.

Sorry, it got bumped for this segment

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1001577198560526336

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

man I want to get a billion dollars for not even trying to write a show

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Raskolnikov38 posted:

man I want to get a billion dollars for not even trying to write a show

Well it ain’t all it’s cracked up to be, I mean it’ll take 5 whole years to see the entire billion.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SAMOA JOE VS DANIEL BRYAN TONIGHT :derp:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Women's Revolution!

And seriously, that script is one of the most depressing things I have ever seen in wrestling. Do not improvise! Time your skit to teh last second! Rehearse all teh spontaneity out of it, (and if you cant rehearse tell us immediately)! Use all of Vinces words, and if you feel you can't, then it is imperative you talk to him about it, (haha).

I mean, none of it is anything new, but it is hugely depressing to see it written down on paper..

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WWE are monsters and Vince McMahon must be stopped :cry:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Jerusalem posted:

SAMOA JOE VS DANIEL BRYAN TONIGHT :derp:

LOL

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
One billion dollars

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I'm glad stephanie saved women's wrestling

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Two Beans posted:

Titus ad-libbed about seasoning.

:rip: Titus Worldwide

Sounds like he really slipped up.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
So, they teased a match between two of their most over guys, who are also two of their best wrestlers, and then not only yanked the dollar away but also followed it by putting naomi in an awkward dance bit

This is the first smackdown after the billion dollar deal, this is their peak

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's like someone only half understood how interrupting Styles/Bryan got Nakamura booed and tried to adapt it for Cass.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Blaise330 posted:

I'm proud of the fact that I witnessed AA capturing the SmackDown Tag Team Titles from Bray/Orton in person

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

So, they teased a match between two of their most over guys, who are also two of their best wrestlers, and then not only yanked the dollar away but also followed it by putting naomi in an awkward dance bit

The cycle of calling SD the good show only for it to soon after become worse than before is endless, sometimes it just takes more or less time than the previous turn

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The Road Dogg Taketh, And The Road Dogg Taketh Sone More

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Neurolimal posted:

I imagine in their minds they think the fans should be happy. "What? We gave them something EXTRA! Daniel Bryan, Samoa Joe, and more! Jeez people are so ungrateful"

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Please post the Joe cum mouth pic.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smackdown results added to the OP. WWE is a liar and a monster.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Smackdown was still better than Raw.

The dance off wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It was pretty quick and painless.

New Day vs Bar / Miz was MOTS.

Obviously Joe vs Bryan could of have been great, but the two did what they could with Cass to make it 2nd best match of the show. Couple times there were awkward moments where it looked like Cass was a little slow or confused about what to do next when Joe was waiting for him to get back in the ring to wrestle..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i'm still genuinely confused why VKM is so loving obsessed with making his talent dance. literally nobody likes it but him

• Locked thread