Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So is there anywhere to discuss this CM Punk trial?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

Here are the trial notes from wrestle zone after 2 and a half days so far

Day 1 involved

quote:

CM PUNK & COLT CABANA VS. DR. CHRIS AMANN TRIAL DAY ONE NOTES
by Mike Johnson @ 6:55 PM on 5/29/2018

The Dr. Chris Amann vs. CM Punk and Colt Cabana civil trial began this morning in Cook County this morning with Amann testifying on his behalf. We were told that Amann came off "short and curt" in his testimony. Amann also discussed the surge of comments about him online criticizing him, based on the comments made on the podcast. We are told that at one point, Amann seemed like getting upset while recounting the situation.

The jury also heard the entire Art of Wrestling podcast that Cabana released in November 2014 featuring Punk telling his side of the story of his exit from WWE in 2014.

Amann is scheduled to be cross-examined tomorrow by Punk and Cabana's attorneys when the trial will continue.

The Art of Wrestling Podcast episode that the trial is all about.

Day 2 morning notes
Day 2 afternoon notes
Day 3 morning notes

If Jerusalem prefers, I can start another thread about it. It looks like the old Punk thread got archived.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

quote:

Punk then walks over to the candy dish in front of the jury box
Punk and Cabana both gave me peppermints, I gave one to the guy behind me
Riveting

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

nonrev posted:

Here are the trial notes from wrestle zone after 2 and a half days so far

Day 1 involved

The Art of Wrestling Podcast episode that the trial is all about.

Day 2 morning notes
Day 2 afternoon notes
Day 3 morning notes

If Jerusalem prefers, I can start another thread about it. It looks like the old Punk thread got archived.

I don't even understand what the doc wants. Some people said some mean things about him on social media? who cares?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

He wants money for the mean things said or something. It has unsurprisingly turned out to be super frivolous and designed to just drain money from punk and cabana. I am pretty sure WWE will be covering the dr's legal costs

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Astro7x posted:

I don't even understand what the doc wants. Some people said some mean things about him on social media? who cares?

He’s a proxy for WWE punishing Punk.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

It's ridiculous that this case reached the trial stage with the only stated damages being mean tweets.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

#ThereIsKane #MayorKane
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/1002289600390352896

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
What does it mean to pie-face someone

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

piss tape israel posted:

What does it mean to pie-face someone

Push them away by the face with your hand

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I need 5 minutes of slow motion close-ups of the pieface before I'll believe this.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
this punk guy seems really whiny and disrespectful to talk that way about wokring with a storied veteran like kane, whats his problem?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

The Croc posted:

He wants money for the mean things said or something. It has unsurprisingly turned out to be super frivolous and designed to just drain money from punk and cabana. I am pretty sure WWE will be covering the dr's legal costs

I thought the doctor has to pay legal fees if he loses

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Now that WWE has punched in the infinite money cheat they can do even more petty bullshit without consequence it's gonna be rad

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

MotU posted:

this punk guy seems really whiny and disrespectful to talk that way about wokring with a storied veteran like kane, whats his problem?

This was what John Cena was talking about in that interview.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

day 4: cm punk asked the judge what his knuckles say. the judge said "looks like fail aids to me" and the entire courtroom stood up and clapped

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Cavauro posted:

day 4: cm punk asked the judge what his knuckles say. the judge said "looks like fail aids to me" and the entire courtroom stood up and clapped

I can't believe CM Punk would brag about his body failing due to the AIDS virus.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

that punk trial sounds way more interesting than any wwe programming

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

cams posted:

that punk trial sounds way more interesting than any wwe programming

I dunno it sounds pretty boring.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

uh huh

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I will second the question what is the doctor actually asking for, apart from "people were mean to me on twitter, pay me money."?

He admitted in open court that apart from strangers on the internet nobody has changed their opinion of him, and also that he suffered no medical, financial, or job related hardships because of the podcast. He hasn't even managed to prove taht they lied, or even exaggerated the truth that much.

His entire argument i s"you said some things that are mostly provable and true. Then some internet people upset me. I wasn't upset enough to cause any damage, but it hurt my feelings. Pay me money." The judge should have laughed in his face.

edit: I hope after they win the lawsuit that Punk and Cabana can be friends again.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Trial sounds boring but all the stuff around the trial is fairly interesting especially if it ends up showing that Punk didn't lie. It's gonna be a nice warning to talent to stay in line even if you leave or else and they could force Punk back for money so they humilate book him.

Of course if Punk lied than welp

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

BrigadierSensible posted:

edit: I hope after they win the lawsuit that Punk and Cabana can be friends again.

I hadn't heard they weren't, did they have a falling out or something?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

MassRafTer posted:

so you agree with cams then

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BrigadierSensible posted:

I will second the question what is the doctor actually asking for, apart from "people were mean to me on twitter, pay me money."?

He admitted in open court that apart from strangers on the internet nobody has changed their opinion of him, and also that he suffered no medical, financial, or job related hardships because of the podcast. He hasn't even managed to prove taht they lied, or even exaggerated the truth that much.

His entire argument i s"you said some things that are mostly provable and true. Then some internet people upset me. I wasn't upset enough to cause any damage, but it hurt my feelings. Pay me money." The judge should have laughed in his face.

his argument is that the comments made his malpractice insurance rates go up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I hadn't heard they weren't, did they have a falling out or something?

Cabana remains on friendly terms with talent there from his own time in the company, and he was allowed backstage during a show he was in town for because of that

Punk found out and yelled at Colt for it because hanging out with the people suing you is a good way to get an unfavorable ruling in court, especially when you say you're being negatively affected by said lawsuit

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

cams posted:

uh huh

Nothing is happening in the trial and I honestly don't even understand why it is happening.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Chris James 2 posted:

Cabana remains on friendly terms with talent there from his own time in the company, and he was allowed backstage during a show he was in town for because of that

Punk found out and yelled at Colt for it because hanging out with the people suing you is a good way to get an unfavorable ruling in court, especially when you say you're being negatively affected by said lawsuit

Yeah, that was pretty boneheaded on Colt's part.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The jury had to listen to a whole AoW podcast? Those poor people.

Punk's a loving rear end.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Hey, art of wrestling was pretty good when it first started.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Trump’s Loudest Anti-Muslim Twitter Troll Is A Shady Vegan Married To An (Ousted) WWE Exec

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/anti-muslim-twitter-troll-amy-mek-mekelburg_us_5b0d9e40e4b0802d69cf0264?7z

about par for the course for WWE I suppose

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

At this stage I feel like the only two things that could actually kill WWE are Vince blowing it all up as he goes off to hell or it just being caught up in the wake of Trump destroying everyone around him while he keeps suffering no consequences for anything.

I suppose they could be the same thing.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Midnightghoul posted:

Trump’s Loudest Anti-Muslim Twitter Troll Is A Shady Vegan Married To An (Ousted) WWE Exec

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/anti-muslim-twitter-troll-amy-mek-mekelburg_us_5b0d9e40e4b0802d69cf0264?7z

about par for the course for WWE I suppose
I admittedly skimmed through a lot of this article so I might have missed it, but something must have occurred in her life to inspire so much hate. You don't start tweeting poo poo like that for no reason.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

piss tape israel posted:

I admittedly skimmed through a lot of this article so I might have missed it, but something must have occurred in her life to inspire so much hate. You don't start tweeting poo poo like that for no reason.

My take away is that she gradually lost her drat mind while following around her "friend" in prison and conning her husband and everyone she met. In her isolation she turned to the internet like many and like many she got sucked into the hate and evil.

Also she's from East Brunswick. So, she had a head start on hate.

Oh, and she absolutely was having an affair with that dude and may or may not have killed his girlfriend and let him take the fall.

Its a hell of a read, or at least the parts that don't just deeply chronicle her racist tweets.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

quote:

Siino found a new job with the WWE, the Connecticut-based pro wrestling entertainment company co-founded by Linda McMahon, who now works in the Trump administration. Siino, who did not respond to HuffPost’s requests for comment, became a senior vice president responsible for global content distribution and business development. Mekelburg told Galasso that the WWE knew about @AmyMek and had asked Siino to keep his connection to his wife quiet.

When asked by HuffPost about the veracity of this claim, the WWE at first offered a cryptic answer. “This is the first time we’re hearing about Amy Mekelburg,” said a corporate spokesperson last Thursday, requesting not to be identified by name.

The company had reason to worry about Mekelburg’s Islamophobia. In the early part of 2018, the WWE and Saudi Arabia finalized a controversial 10-year deal to bring pro wrestling there. Siino was negotiating TV deals in the United Arab Emirates, according to the WWE. Back in Fishkill, his wife was casting Muslims as subhuman filth.
[...]
Mekelburg appeared to operate without fear of fallout anywhere. As this story neared publication, she kept tweeting hate, even when her husband’s job was in jeopardy. Last Friday, after HuffPost asked the WWE a second time if anyone there had known about @AmyMek before hiring Siino, the company responded definitively.

“No,” said the WWE spokesperson. “Now that it has come to our attention, Sal Siino is no longer an employee.”

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

Here's the Day 3 afternoon notes from the Punk trial.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Nothing is happening in the trial and I honestly don't even understand why it is happening.

I enjoyed today's bit when it came out that CM Punk never actually got a staph or MRSA disagnosis

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
here's the summary so far

CM Punk was never actually diagnosed with staph and refused tests what could definitely confirm it and Punk's doctor said that he has no record of Punk having anything but a small cyst, and not anything baseball sized or golfball sized like he said on the podcast

Amman's claim of damages seems very specious

who will win

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

exploded mummy posted:

here's the summary so far

CM Punk was never actually diagnosed with staph and refused tests what could definitely confirm it and Punk's doctor said that he has no record of Punk having anything but a small cyst, and not anything baseball sized or golfball sized like he said on the podcast

Amman's claim of damages seems very specious

who will win

He also said that the whole draining procedure was relatively routine and that there was none of the screaming or gritting of teeth as Punk had described.

Also apparently the jury was so enthralled with his testimony that their eyes glazed over and one of them fell asleep. :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Punk lied about poo poo, a juror fell asleep.

• Locked thread