Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The person behind the tweets is:
Jerry Colangelo
Bryan Colangelo
Jerry & Bryan Colangelo
Sam Hinkie
Joel Embiid
Someone Else (Post the best conspiracy theories you go)
View Results

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

he gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I had a dream where they hired Hinkie

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Yeah he is 100% getting fired, the extra time/investigating is/was almost certainly to get out of his contract.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I want a pin board covered in red thread with printed out photos of tweets and pictures of Colangelo and his wife

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

David Griffin is probably the actual favorite to get the job in Philly regardless of Lebron or not.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

You know that working out Grayson Allen means literally nothing right? They could be looking to trade into a later 1st rounder for him.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

He's still the GM, so yeah he would be. You cant fire someone before they are actually fired?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

And its being announced at 2. They cant fire him before that because of this exactly reason. They had a scheduled work out today with draft prospects, cancelling it would directly impede their entire draft process. I imagine that workout is the exact reason they are announcing at 2.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

He's still gone

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

My boss just said if they haven’t decided or announced it yet Colangelo would still show up and go through the motions .

So maybe

Like I said before, they have to actually fire him before they announce it. If he had to be at a workout in the morning then they obviously couldn't fire him before hand.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

He still gone

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The process is dead, find a new slant

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Firing people is hard and they are likely trying to get out of his contract. There are a lot of legal things that have to be done for that to happen so it makes sense to me.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Adun posted:

If that was it they wouldn’t have Colangelo still acting as a GM and scouting players

Why/how exactly? I've said this before but you cannot fire someone before you actually fire them. Like they could have put him on leave pending their investigation (which they probably should have) but they didn't so he has to continue doing his job.

They have to fire him in order to announce the firing, as well as for him to stop doing his job. They also have to have all their legal ducks in a row in order to get out of his contract, which I imagine is a minefield to navigate.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

My big theory is that the NBA is actively pressuring them to not announce it until after the finals are over (which is dumb as hell) because they dont want the news overshadowing/interfering with the finals. This is obviously :tinfoil: but it would explain why there was a leaked press conference yesterday that never happened.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Adun posted:

If they planned on firing the guy and are just going through contract negotiations there’s no reason to involve him in the day to day activities. Why would the Sixers be obligated to let him still be in charge of day to day work?

Because firing people is loving hard as poo poo dude

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I prefer that Colangelo actually had no idea his wife was doing this because for some reason it is way, way funnier to me

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

David Griffin has to be in consideration for the job, it just makes so much sense.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Jerry is a snake

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

If jerry is that pissed about things there is no way he’s going to want to stay with the team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

reminder that the colangelos were implemented directly by the NBA lol

• Locked thread