Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

2h axe - i will win u several battles as mvp before unceremoniously dying to the glorious rng due to no shield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Honky Dong Country posted:

drat I really like Awful Company.

Awful company and I can't deny
Awful company 'til the day I die

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Can I play? I want to use a flail bc that seems like a great way to get owned

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

drat I really like Awful Company.

In the list of famous mercenary orders, from the Black Company to the White Company, the Awful Company is oft listed first (alphabetically).

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

How about the 69th Awful Company?

nice

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

How about the 69th Awful Company?

e: ^^^^^^I'll interpret that as a two handed sword

Works for me.

If there's still room, you can have my ax.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

e: ^^^^^^I'll interpret that as a two handed sword

My character is pleased to see that some of his battle-brothers share his affliction.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Got you, fonz and other malcom

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I'm rooting for the goblins

Goblins are such assholes in this game. I love them.

Write me down as a warhams guy.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Yeah goblins are horrific dickheads. At least the orcs mostly just run up and stomp your neck.

Also got everybody on the list up to fspades.

Gonna use 69th Awful Company as the company name.

We gonna get through the first intro missions tonight.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Got you, fonz and other malcom

nice, this game loving rules

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Company name: Akimbo Dildos

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Give me a bow & throw me in the murder machine

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Sure. I'm in with cleavers if there is still room

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

when you eventually recruit a cripple and/or homeless guy, I wanna be him.

and just a stick.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I want in if possible. Just give me the worst weapon you got. I'm sure I can make it work.

edit: jfood knows whats up

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 31, 2018

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ultra Carp
Im in. Spear is fine, let's kill somethin already

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'm in. I want to wield multi pound swords.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hell yeah count me in (even if only as an alternate or whatever). I prefer the one true weapon: the mace

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

And so begins the adventure of the mercenary 69th Awful Company...

I'm under attack! Our target got the better of us and the company has been brutally cut down in an ambush! I look over just in time to see the captain get his throat cut. Luckily I still have veiled boner fuel, A Bakers Cousin, and Grant DaNasty by my side...

don't worry about names just yet I can't change those at this point.

Corpses are everywhere. Our target, Hoggart the Weasel, can be seen running off to the east with his bow. Our three brave company mercs are the three guys furthest to the west and two of Hoggart's men remain. Our crossbowman takes a shot at the brute with the cleaver but misses. He reloads his next shot. Our axeman steps forward and brutally slays the man in one overhead chop. Our spearman moves forward to the remaining brigand. Our crossbowman steps over to get a clear shot but misses while Hoggart makes good his escape. The last enemy takes two swings at our spearman but misses. In return our spearman skewers the luckless bastard, somehow tearing his ear and taking like 80% of his life (RNG :shrug:). Our axeman then steps forward and with another overhead swing ends the poor bastard, bringing the battle to a close.

Kills:
Axeman: 2 Brigand Thugs (2 Total)

Wounded:
None!

Dead:
None!

Loot:
We salvaged both the axe and the cleaver, though they're a bit damaged.

Again don't mind the names

So you remaining three valiant mercs have decided that I'm the captain now. We've decided to clean up this mess and bury the dead and head back to Waidtal for our pay. After all, we did kill Hoggart's men and you guys seem to be concerned that the arrow I took will do me in too without a break. Where's Waidtal, you ask? We'll talk about this in the next post since it's gonna start with a map shot and there's some things on that interface I should explain!

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
I haven’t been murdered lately so I would love to hop in.

Give me a bow and I promise not to shoot any of our own guys in the back.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Why are we all protruding out of prairie dog holes or manholes or whatever the hell is happening here?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

veiled boner fuel posted:

Why are we all protruding out of prairie dog holes or manholes or whatever the hell is happening here?

It is a stylized depiction that makes us look like game pieces.

My character is pleased of this. His best feature (big sword) will be visible, and his worst feature is well hidden.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

If there's room I'd like to join as a long stickman

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

It is a stylized depiction that makes us look like game pieces.

My character is pleased of this. His best feature (big sword) will be visible, and his worst feature is well hidden.

Small dick?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

and his worst feature is well hidden.

Ah yes... the butthole

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

We’ll get you next time Hoggart the Weasel.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

could be the butthole

e: bgt is yer worst feature range defense bc while it's there it doesn't mean poo poo

doctorthefonz fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 31, 2018

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
put me on the list for sword and shield if possible.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
in case i fall asleep early and miss my grand entrance id like to set my default action to :fsn: (for both combat and noncombat encounters)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

doctorthefonz posted:

could be the butthole

e: bgt is yer worst feature range defense bc while it's there it doesn't mean poo poo

Dude, it’s definitely the butthole

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Dude, it’s definitely the butthole

christ ,my god

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

My character shakes his head sadly. If it was merely small, his sword might be of a more reasonable size.

He goes back to sharpening the great, hulking blade. Soon, he'll get a chance to join those mercenaries he's heard so much about. His chance for revenge on the goblins, or for the sweet release of death.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

"Where's Waidtal?" or "What the hell is this gay rear end earth anyway?"

This is our world.

Some things you should know are that we're all the way to the right about center vertically. The flag with the dude cutting off he own head is us. Right next to us is Waidtal. That golden disc thing on it indicates that its our current mission objective (which can be seen on the scroll deal to the upper right).

At the upper left is Gold, Provisions, Tools and Supplies, Ammunition, and Medical Supplies. Gold is obviously the currency of the game. It governs everything. Our mercs get paid and supplies/equipment get bought. We get gold by selling poo poo and completing missions. Provisions are next to the little picture of the steak and are the food our company automatically consumes. Gotta keep the boys fed. There's lots of different food items but they just offer varying amounts of overall provisions and differing spoiling rates. Tools and Supplies are next to the symbol of the crossed pliers and hammer. These are automatically consumed to repair our men's damaged equipment as well as any items in our inventory we specifically designate to be repaired (we prolly won't ever do this). Ammunition is next to the quiver/arrows symbol and is automatically consumed to refill our men's ammo for bows, crossbows, and throwing weapons. Bows use arrows and crossbows use bolts that have to be equipped with the mercenary and have an ammo limit of like 10. This is all they carry into a fight (more if you have a spare quiver or something in their inventory to switch to). Likewise a throwing weapon has an ammo limit and takes up slots like quivers and such do. All of these are replenished after battle by the Ammunition supplies the company has. Medical Supplies are next to the bandage/herb symbol and are automatically consumed to heal our ragged band's wounds. The grayed out trophy symbol would normally have an Ambition next to it, which are little rewarding side goals that will come in later.

At the top you have the general day/time listed and the moon/sun thing gives an approximation of time as well.

At the top right the button with the head on it accesses the company roster/inventory. Next to that is some camera control crap and a button to camp out where we're at. Camping will let your dudes rest and heal faster but you're not safe by any means. There's also a button to explore the world's factions and one for an obituary that will be FAR less detailed than I plan to keep in the OP.

Then there's the three flag types on the map itself. Those indicate which of the three factions in the world those towns/cities/castles belong to. By and large factions mostly just leave each other alone. But one of the three end game crises is that changes hard and the factions throw down really hard. They got some badass troops and knights and poo poo too.

Anyway Waidtal is pretty close. Let's go get paid!

That's us on the right. So we march into town. We're a sorry rear end sight.

They jam a hot poker into the hole I got from that arrow and patch it shut while our employer tells us that while Hoggart's boys are broken up he's still disappointed we didn't get the Weasel himself. I tell him we expect to be paid for what we've done.

Not only is he willing to pay us 400 gold for what we've done, but he'll throw on another 400 if we finish off Hoggart. Feeling a grudge welling up, I tell our employer we'll do it. So as we leave our employer's house one of our boys steps up and says we need more men, at least three. What we can't recruit here in Waidtal we can find in neighboring Salzfels. He also suggests that we equip everybody as best we can. In the mean time our employer will be pinning down exactly where Hoggart is now. So off I go recruiting and shopping!

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

always kill hoggart right

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Yeah we're killing Hoggart. This is just the intro stuff so for right now you all are basically on rails while I go through this poo poo.

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

Put me in coach

I'll be your mace man

If there's room, of course

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

noice
:frogc00l:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

You still need a standard bearer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

You still need a standard bearer?

What can we put on the standard in a world where hand-grenades have yet to be made?

edit: Oh, wait, I see. A man who cut off his own head.