Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
/* XXX */

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
// make this sane you loving moron

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

// temp solution, do not ship

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
// do some error handling here

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

/*TODO: We should really decide what to do about these plaintext secrets*/

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

// cc 29may18 - watch starship troopers this weekend

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

// price overrides to fix fuckup devs
// no not dev fuckups

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
// jazz this up later

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Ciaphas posted:

// cc 29may18 - watch starship troopers this weekend

The proest of all reminders.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

code:
(08:31:16) ~/Downloads/Jedi-Outcast-master $ grep -r "gently caress" .
./code/ui/ui_shared.cpp:	// vm fuckage
./code/ui/ui_shared.cpp:					// vm fuckage
./code/game/bg_pmove.cpp:		{//on ground and not moving and on level ground, no reason to do stupid loving gravity with the clipvelocity!!!!
./code/game/g_utils.cpp:	//			This is really loving stupid and has caused us no end of
./code/game/q_math.cpp:	i  = 0x5f3759df - ( i >> 1 );               // what the gently caress?
./code/game/NPC_reactions.cpp:			//ask them what the gently caress they're doing
./code/game/g_active.cpp:					{//aw, gently caress it, clients no longer take impact damage from other clients, unless you're the player 
./code/qcommon/strip.cpp:// fix problems caused by loving morons entering clever "rich" chars in to new text files *after* the auto-stripper
./code/client/snd_mem.cpp:					if (iRawPCMDataSize)	// should always be true, unless file is hosed, in which case, stop this conversion process
./code/mp3code/towave.c:   // gently caress this...
./code/mp3code/mhead.c:			return 0;	// gently caress knows what this is, but it ain't one of ours...
./utils/Assimilate/AssimilateDoc.cpp:				strThisFile.Insert(0,"I hosed up, the following line didn't seem to have a CR:  (tell me! -Ste)\n\n");
./utils/Assimilate/AssimilateDoc.cpp:										m_strPathName = strThisFile;	// loving stupid MFC doesn't set this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
./utils/Assimilate/AssimilateDoc.cpp:							strThisFile.Insert(0,"I hosed up, the following line didn't seem to have a CR:  (tell me! -Ste)\n\n");
./utils/Assimilate/AssimilateDoc.cpp:							m_strPathName = strThisFile;	// loving stupid MFC doesn't set this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
./utils/Assimilate/AssimilateDoc.cpp:					strThisFile.Insert(0,"I hosed up, the following line didn't seem to have a CR:  (tell me! -Ste)\n\n");
./utils/Assimilate/sourcesafe.cpp:#define MAX_VERSIONS_TO_LIST 40	// otherwise these things get loving *huge*!
./utils/Radiant/findtexturedlg.cpp:#pragma warning(disable : 4786)     // shut the gently caress up about debug symbol name length
./utils/Radiant/groupnames.cpp:// I loving hate this pragma poo poo
./utils/Radiant/groupnames.cpp:#pragma warning(disable : 4786)     // shut the gently caress up about debug symbol name length
./utils/Radiant/groupnames.cpp://	rewrites it when it feels like it, so fingers crossed no-one fucks with my code.
./utils/Radiant/surfacedlg.cpp:// this is loving crap. I can't use the ID version because their's doesn't work properly either, it seems to, but it
./utils/Radiant/sourcesafe.cpp:#define MAX_VERSIONS_TO_LIST 40	// otherwise these things get loving *huge*!
./utils/Radiant/Quake3/pmesh.cpp:  // FIXME: this bend painting code needs to be rolled up significantly as it is a cluster gently caress right now
./utils/Radiant/drag.cpp:					break;	// dragged backwards or hosed up
./utils/Radiant/map.cpp:  this could gently caress up if you have only part of a complex entity selected...
./utils/Radiant/eclass.cpp:// FIXME: this code is a TOTAL clusterfuck
./utils/Radiant/xywnd.cpp:#pragma warning(disable : 4786)     // shut the gently caress up about debug symbol name length
./utils/Radiant/xywnd.cpp:#pragma warning(disable : 4786)     // shut the gently caress up about debug symbol name length
./CODE-mp/ui/ui_shared.c:	// vm fuckage
./CODE-mp/ui/ui_shared.c:					// vm fuckage
./CODE-mp/ui/ui_shared.c:	//FIXME: this is a loving mess
./CODE-mp/ui/vm/q_math.asm:;544:	i  = 0x5f3759df - ( i >> 1 );               // what the gently caress?
./CODE-mp/game/q_math.c:	i  = 0x5f3759df - ( i >> 1 );               // what the gently caress?
./CODE-mp/game/vm/q_math.asm:;544:	i  = 0x5f3759df - ( i >> 1 );               // what the gently caress?
./CODE-mp/qcommon/strip.cpp:// fix problems caused by loving morons entering clever "rich" chars in to new text files *after* the auto-stripper
./CODE-mp/qcommon/stri.cpp:// fix problems caused by loving morons entering clever "rich" chars in to new text files *after* the auto-stripper
./CODE-mp/client/snd_mp3.cpp:					if (iRawPCMDataSize)	// should always be true, unless file is hosed, in which case, stop this conversion process
./CODE-mp/mp3code/mhead.c:			return 0;	// gently caress knows what this is, but it ain't one of ours...

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
remind me to post later

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
remind me to make a mashup of Butterfly by Crazy Town and Take A Look Around by Limp Bizkit

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
REM subst C:\war2 to W:\ to make the installer happy

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
COBRA daily standup
Overdue (11:45 AM)

Canceled: COBRA grooming/planning
Now

COBRA backlog grooming
Now

COBRA daily standup
Overdue

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

ADINSX posted:

/*TODO: We should really decide what to do about these plaintext secrets*/

can you pls post with BEFORE+8 AFTER+8 lines of context, tia

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
// 8-14-98 Remove

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
https://github.com/douglascrockford/JSON-js/commits/master

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!
i = i + 1; // add 1 to i

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

There Will Be Penalty posted:

i = i++; // add 1 to i

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

i += 1; // add 1 to i

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

// who am i kidding i don't write comments if i can get away with not doing it

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

# HACK:

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!
ADD 1 TO I GIVING I.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Eat up Martha.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i = i + 1; // add 1 to i

i think i had that professor

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
// There is no such thing as ethical consumption under the capitalist mode of production.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

james the other guys are worried that you're writing haikus in the commit messages? do we need to talk?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Rex-Goliath posted:

james the other guys are worried that you're writing haikus in the commit messages? do we need to talk?

ahaha i should start doing this, no one ever looks past the summary line anyway

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
x = 5; //10; //5;

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
code:
//Just log all Purpose (Geology) executions against the first mining region. [TODO] Clean this up later, maybe.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

//shove preserved fart from 3-15-97 into kalebs face, that rear end in a top hat

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

# write tests for this

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Skim Milk posted:

# write tests for this

please don't post comments from my repo

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN