Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Magnus Praeda posted:

:stare: What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Back in a rather dark spot in my life when I was a best a week away from being homeless and had just enough money to spare to buy a bag of rice, I used to flavor it with italian salad dressing I found in the fridge that was at/near expiration. I think I ate that for about 3 weeks straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

NumbersMatching320 posted:

So the fact that I'm having trouble diagnosing a driveability issue on a CIS injection system comes up during a tinder conversation and she without missing a beat you couldn't possibly google it in the time this message took asks what my main regulator is set to and what control pressure I'm seeing.
:swoon:

Spoiler alert:

its a dude

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Thor Ragarock was really great

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

freelop posted:

Music discovery chat: I used to listen to music on YouTube until it was blocked citing bandwidth issues. Moved to bandcamp and actually really liked the discover feature so I was listening to a fair bit of stuff but then an email came round saying all internet would be monitored closely and management took that to mean no music of any kind either.

Reviewing documents is so slow and boring

Even the biggest of companies go cheap as poo poo on internet speeds. Add VPNs in the mix and it's an absolute nightmare.

Company I worked for previously (huge multinational corp) had us all using VPNs that went from our location to main US corp office, then to corp office overseas, out to the WWW, back to corp office overseas, back to main US corp office, then to local office.

Using a 1Mb down line.

With 5 of us in the office.

Where 100 percent of our software was an online applications.

Yeah.........

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Goober Peas posted:

im LAUGHING at some of you because WEre on a CoMEdY fOrum

It hasn’t been that funny here on a loooooooong time.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

That would be hilarious if it wasnt for the toxic bullshit he spews

Such as?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Despite being republican Kennedy had a reputation for being the Democratic swing vote. Now that he's retiring Trump will fill the seat with a party line boot licker meaning any cases sent to the SC will run forever 5-4 until another seat opens. So things that have gotten more progressive during Kennedy's tenure (LGBT, anti abortion restrictions, etc) will likely be weakened and quickly.

Wasnt the LGBQTwhateverotherletterssorry community all up in arms that Trump was going to put them all in pray the gay away camps in such? How's that turning out?

Serious question for atheist and members of the aforementioned LGBQTwhateverotherletterssorry community: How do y'all feel about the democratic party embrace of muslims and islam (the middle east equivalent of snake handling, speaking in tongues southern baptists that would like to burn you at the stake), considering that said muslims and islamists basically view you as the ultimate heretics in the world and would just as soon behead you? I look at it that's its just democrats looking to appeal to more poor oppressed voters for no other reason than they are another group of voters, but it still seems an odd combination.

i look at it in the same kind of stinkeye that the republican party pushes away Mexicans, who are generally devoutly Catholic and usually very conservative.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

LGBQTwhateverotherletterssorry is a bigotry dogwhistle - Dont do that.

Don't be so sensitive, Nancy.

Seminal Flu posted:

I was going to say this. It's true.

You can be funny without exerting power over a group of people to show dominance or be dismissive.

FEEL MY POWER EXERTED.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Governors want to kill gay people.

Who? I mean, what governors?

Regardless, nobody answered my question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Then dont use bigoted dogwhistles.

Tried to find as non descript baby as possible as to not offend anyone. Best I could do.

• Locked thread