Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Thanos was wrong.

So we start off perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Bread is stored in the fridge.

Hot dogs are not a sandwich unless the bun rips in two.

The Buran would have been better.

Bread is stored in the breadbox so it doesn't go stale.

There's no space in "hotdog" but they're not a sandwich unless the bun hinge fails.

The Buran was cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

The Door Frame posted:

Don't chill your bread, folks. Unless you want stale bread for grilled cheeses, panninis, or french toast

Mmmm.... I think I'll make some for Sunday brunch.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Cage posted:

I like how you can eat a hot dog on a roll with ketchup and get 3 different sources of sugar.

:stare: What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Seminal Flu posted:

Is that a sandwich?

No hinge on the bun, so yes.

everdave posted:

My kids like mayo on their hot dogs but their mother is a bit of a nut case who taught them that

Mayo can be okay if it's with other toppings like peppers and onions.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Mayo is delicious. When I'm poor (always), sometimes I'll make rice with some ground turkey, then after microwaving it the next day or whatever mix in a dab of mayo for some fatty salty deliciousness.

I can see that being pretty tasty. I love tuna or chicken salad sammiches.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

slidebite posted:

Today sucked. Funeral for a 39 year old suicide. Chapel was jam packed, people standing all along the sides and back. Hundreds of people. Funeral started about a half hour late because the family presumably needed time to pull themselves together.

Couldn't hear a pin drop in the chapel as the family walked in behind the casket. Widow with the young kids immediately behind it. And then the widow started sobbing and a kid said "daddy" and god drat, that was it.

:(

That blows. Suicides are so lovely for everyone left behind.

Tide posted:

Back in a rather dark spot in my life when I was a best a week away from being homeless and had just enough money to spare to buy a bag of rice, I used to flavor it with italian salad dressing I found in the fridge that was at/near expiration. I think I ate that for about 3 weeks straight.

Hunger is the best sauce.

Cage posted:

Motherfucker I don't eat hot dogs. I just think it's funny there's hfcs in them.

E: unless I'm drunk, then give me all the hotdog sandwiches

1) You've found some lovely drat dogs, then. A kosher all-beef dog is the way to go. There shouldn't be HFCS in the buns or anything else either. That poo poo's insidious but you can avoid it if you watch for it while shopping.
2) :argh:

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Elmnt80 posted:

I talked to my agent about that. We agreed that my normal drive would trip the box every time and lead to no lower rates.

I can't imagine ever willingly putting one of those drat things in any of my cars.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

spog posted:

Any reason why you can't add a power switch inline with it?

Assuming the insurance companies aren't complete morons, I'd guess the units upload mileage along with the rest of the data and any gaps of more than a couple miles would raise questions (and rates).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
Chiming in on the mental health talk:

I've been on Lexapro since January and my therapist declared my depression/anxiety officially "in remission" last month. It's a big problem in my family--both my mother and brother struggle with it as well and one of my cousins ate a bullet a couple years ago.

If you're have problems with dark thoughts, talk to someone about them. There is no shame in admitting you need help.

On to actual car content, guess which idiot dropped his oil fill cap into the engine bay and had to remove the loving battery tray to get it back out? :downs:

• Locked thread