Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Got back from Boston Tuesday and I miss it already, love that city. The wife and I fantasized about getting a small condo downtown, selling our cars and just walking, biking, or taking the T to wherever we needed to go. Then the subject of New England winters came up and we were like lol gently caress that :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

everdave posted:

Tell me why one of the few places I can fly cheap and I have so many points. I hate everything though. I like drinking.

Just do it. Great city, tons of history everywhere with lots to do, all withing walking distance or a short T ride if you stay downtown. Amazing places to eat all over, the north end is legendary and has the best Italian food and baked goods I've ever eaten. I'd probably gain 100 pounds if I lived there so it's probably a good thing i don't.

It's better than NY city because it's not as big and overwhelming, and the people are friendlier too imo. Catch a game at Fenway or TD Garden, walk the Freedom Trail, climb the Bunker hill Monument, or check out the Aquarium, etc. Or just bum around the city and eat/drink as you go along that's my favorite thing to do :)

We go every year and my son loves it too, he cried when we left lol.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

everdave posted:

Tell me a great place I have to eat at or drink at and I’m there this summer. Any areas to avoid? I just want to hang out no sights or scenes.

As long as you stay in the downtown area there's really no places to avoid AFAIK.

My favorite restaurant is the Sail Loft right by Boston Harbor on the water, best chowda and fresh cod or haddock right off the boat. And pretty much any restaurant in the north end is good and there's tons of them. Just google Boston North End and you'll get all the info you need. The Italian place we like best is called Antico Forno and it's on Salem St.

PM me if you're serious about going and I'll answer any questions you have :)

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 1, 2018

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno you'll appreciate this.....Found out over the weekend there was a huge brawl involving 20+ people in the courtyard at work. So glad I don't work weekends anymore :)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Carry a broomstick with you, sometimes they will think it's a gun and go away, and if not use it to poke them out of your way.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Finally saw Infinity War and the only word I can describe it with is Bizarre because not only because of the amount of dead heros, but the amount of times they had an opportunity to put a stop to it completely loving up. All of the Guardians are dead besides the racoon, seriously? IDGI

And as far as making future movies the only thing i can think of is the surviving Avengers find all the Dragon Balls and wish everyone back to life.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 2, 2018

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

InitialDave posted:

No, they bring Deadpool into the MCU because he has the continuity gem.

Wat. So deadpool has the Dragon Balls basically? Lol.

QuarkMartial posted:

That one scene in IW was stupid and pissed me off.
Stupid rear end Star Lord...

Um yeah that made me mad because it was so stupid, that even in the fantasy marvel world that would have never happened.

Also why didn't they just kill vision earlier or not wait to get the stone out of his head at the last loving minute

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 2, 2018

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'm just trying to understand this poo poo ok, time and money invested :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

There was this clown at the Dreammakers thing yesterday who was loudly denouncing all women as whores because he had been friendzoned. It was just awkward and terrible and I was getting a little drunk so we had to leave before I made a scene.

I would have had a hard time not loudly denouncing him as a loving idiot.

I figured out pretty early that if you're seeing someone and you don't want the same things out of the relationship you just move on and don't take it loving personally. These kind of idiots are too self absorbed to have any kind of perspective, so if they want to wallow and suffer in their own ignorance let them they deserve it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Squeeeeeeeeeee

I start my new job monday! Making adult dollars is gonna be weird.

Wait what are you doing now, I thought you were working in maintenance for your wife or something.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be7iNHw8QoQ

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Now that song is stuck on repeat in my head lol

I love that album, their best by far.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

Allen keys, and dont you dare sit there and tell me you dont have tools strewn about your house as well.

When you're married to a woman you sure as hell don't :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Seminal Flu posted:

I've got an exceptionally tolerant wife.

I get the "Is this here for something?" question a lot.

But I have one on her because she leaves her goddamn socks and shoes everywhere :argh:

Adiabatic posted:

Good thing Im married to a manly man then.

Exactly my point, you did well sir ;)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Oh man I used to hate that about living in apartments. Although I wish I had a garage, a carport and a shed is pretty sweet.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Darchangel posted:

I know it's just a game, but good God did I feel like such a dweeby loser. Still do, actually...

Actually you should feel pretty good about yourself for having a life and not being super gud at video games.

Seriously, if I actually spent the time it took to be really good at some of these games, my wife would divorce me and my son would disown me.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah I was forced to go as a kid and vowed when I was on my own to never go again, and super religious people freak me out a bit. Don't force your kids into religion people.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Also it's horseshit that churches aren't taxed.

The "church" of Scientology can suck a dick and should be forced to pay all back taxes since their beginning.

Seriously gently caress that cult, it's one of the reasons I stay the hell away from Clearwater.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Got pulled over as soon as we left, and basically told that if we knew what was good for us we'd get out of town.

Lol wat. Like told you to get out because there might be trouble, or to get out because they thought you were protestors?

It really is a loving scab on society, would be nice if it fell apart never to return, only to be remembered as the joke that it is.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Mod spends more time shopping for shower curtains than modding :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Elmnt80 posted:

I'm not payed enough for this crazy poo poo. :shepicide:

Lol try my job where poo poo like that is a daily occurrence, usually fueled by alcohol and/or drugs.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Couldn't pay me enough to be management of anything, the hours, stress and bullshit aint worth it to me.

I'm content being a worker bee.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I went from 50 hr weeks (40 security 10 bar shift) when my wife was home with our son, to 30 hour weeks (3 days on, 4 days off) security and no weekends. The stress level improved dramatically, especially since I don't work the weekends when most of the problems occur. It took awhile to get someone else in that would stick around to deal with weekends (went through about five people) but so far so good. Just got a raise and don't see myself going anywhere else, the money isn't the greatest but it's pretty much the perfect job considering my health issues. Been doing it 8 years now and I'm at the age where I'm probably not going to be getting a new career again so the security field it is till I'm dead I guess lol.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

LloydDobler posted:

I played for oh maybe 12 hours or so.

Lol wat. I don't understand how people do this, I think my max time of playing video games is 2 hours tops before i get bored or my eyes start to hurt. Anything much after that is just diminished returns and I end up wanting to chuck my consoles into the garbage :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Not having legal weed is the most annoying poo poo in the goddamn world.

Get a medical card it's easy :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Well if you want to be legal that's what you gotta do man.

Otherwise gently caress it, it's a slap on the wrist now anyways just don't carry pounds of weed and you'll be fine.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Enourmo posted:

*remembers when i was hauled in for having a dirty pipe* oh lawd the times they are a-changin'

I've been smoking weed illegally since 1993, haven't been busted once. Legal now tho.

My brother got busted with a quarter bag around 2002 and lost his license for two years, but he was a dumbass buying it from a known drug area watched by cops. It's a citation now :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

:aaa: how does a vehicle that big have such an incredibly tightly packed engine bay??

Pretty sure that even diesel techs have nightmares about that engine bay, no thank you sir.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Also, weed isn't really decriminalized in Hillsborough county (and not at all in Polk) it just isn't required they arrest you for under 20g, though it's officer discretion. It's a notice to appear, and without a good lawyer it's still a class 1 felony charge.

One guess the people it gets applied to most often as officer discretion. It's a step forward, I guess, but even paraphenlia is still a class 1 felony just as if you had actual weed on you.

There's also been talk of charging oil as being worse than plant, same with edibles. It's loving archaic.

I managed to go decades of regular illegal weed smoking without ever getting busted, just don't be a dumbass about it and you'll be fine. Almost all the stories I've heard of people I know getting popped for weed involved them doing something stupid while weed was on them or in their car, etc.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Quote of the day I heard today: "Grandma is drunk and cant watch you so stay in the shallow end of the pool."

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

It's florida, isn't that a given?

Nobody staying here at the resort is from Florida :eng101:

It's mostly Michigan and Indiana right now lol

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

lmao it's kind of amazing how many dumb rear end coworkers insist on talking to you even though you've got a pair of big headphones on your head and think that you're going to magically hear them

Or you're talking on the phone and they come up and start having a conversation with you.....Um gently caress off?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

When I lived in NY the raccoons were huge and fearless, I unloaded a BB gun on one in my mud room going through the garbage and it just looked at me with this pissed off look and walked away casually.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Why would you use zip ties again when it didn't work the first time? When I had rats in my attic, I used self tapping screws and covered the vent with heavy duty wire mesh folded over on itself and that was the end of that.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

everdave posted:

If anyone cares last nights planned Raccoon genocide did not happen. The trap got cleaned out of my oreos and this morning the vent is pried open in a different way. I only heard a little bit of scratching last night but I also drank beer all night since I didn't have the kids so who knows. I have the radio blasting up there today and I have loaded my hand trap with cat food. My amazon traps for the attic won't be here until Monday. Before you ask why don't you just get someone to handle this I have tried and it is just not happening. Every wildlife certified dude in this part of the state has so much bigger fish to fry they won't help me at any price.

Dude go to Home Depot and get a roll of heavy duty wire mesh/fencing and put it over your vents with big rear end screws or tapcons or whatever the gently caress you need to secure it overlapping the vent by at least a few inches. Then put the traps outside and catch/kill them that way. Be smarter than the dumb animal, geez.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Nice! Thanks man, gonna hit that up for sure.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

everdave posted:

I am leaving work and doing just that and going in the attic and solving this bullshit, you kicked me in the rear end and that is what I needed. I however have to wait out my ex wife who keeps driving by my work and making sure I am here like that is any of her business.

It will work, it's exactly how i got rats out of my attic. Blew an air horn up in the attic and they hauled rear end out one of the vents, then I blocked off the vents and set traps in their path outside the house and they were all dead within a few days. Vents are still blocked off and it looks kinda dumb but it keeps them out.

[e] BTW slim jims are the best rat trap bait ever, works like a charm every time. Might work for raccoons too.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 14, 2018

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol I want to see the cam footage of them trying to get in after you do it :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

everdave posted:

I’m laughing to myself too now that I’ve calmed down. At the bar tonight I’ll try to figure out how to post pics. I set off a bug bomb yesterday up there

Figure out a way to scare him out, I used an air horn can, try something similar. Shoot him with BBs, play loud country music etc.

Then block it off from the outside it will be way easier and you won't die of heat exhaustion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol

• Locked thread