Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

NRS knows how to make fun fighters with robust single-player content. I normally don't like ultra graphic violence but MK's particular brand is so goofy and over-the-top that it's just funny.
if only they knew how to animate a fighting game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I spent 60 dollars on MKX and regretted it within 20 minutes. Wish you could get refunds on PS4 but, alas.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Turns out my PC was on power saver mode and could have been on it for months. TF2 runs super smooth now and I can run wolfenstein TNO on ultra when 6 months ago I had to run it on medium and it still was janky.

:keke:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Now you’re playing with power

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

NNick posted:

Turns out my PC was on power saver mode and could have been on it for months. TF2 runs super smooth now and I can run wolfenstein TNO on ultra when 6 months ago I had to run it on medium and it still was janky.

:keke:

The 2010s version of pressing the Turbo button

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My June GOTM is the Caveman 2 Cosmos mod for Civ 4, I've been playing for ages and I'm still only a bit of a way into the Ancient Era, which is the 2nd of 13 eras in the game. The depth is just nuts. Also you can build a Dog Trainer and then create Good Dog units to set on your enemies :3:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don’t like dogs being used for violence against other people / dogs :(

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

JOHNATHANFATAL1TYWENDEL

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
CASHEWS of CHAOS

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I looked him up on wikipedia and he won like half a million playing quake in the early 2000s wtf

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Help Im Alive posted:

I looked him up on wikipedia and he won like half a million playing quake in the early 2000s wtf

And then signed his name to anything that wanted to use it. Think he also sold the "Fatal1ty" brand as well or does he still get paid for all that pc hardware?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I was more of a Dennis "Thresh" Fong fan.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

FirstAidKite posted:

CASHEWS of CHAOS

SEEDS of VICTORY

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah the eSports first wave in the 90s was no joke, people put in a shitload of money to try and get that stuff off the ground, but had to to resort to conventional media outlets to try and cover it. All that really changed between then and now is internet video is easier to distribute, so the relatively niche marketability doesn't hurt the whole system as much

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

No but really I am embarrassed that Fatal1ty noticed my noobish recent eating habits. :sigh:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In Training posted:

Yeah the eSports first wave in the 90s was no joke, people put in a shitload of money to try and get that stuff off the ground, but had to to resort to conventional media outlets to try and cover it. All that really changed between then and now is internet video is easier to distribute, so the relatively niche marketability doesn't hurt the whole system as much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IznCjaeJdQ

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Someone photoshop the nuts as actual nuts tyvm

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The Bad Star Wars Game Curse will continue and the only way to break it is to get back to making Star Wars games where you don't play as a Jedi.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I wish FFG didn't hate The Internet, and would make digital versions of their miniatures games and star wars rebellion. yeah I understand the irony of wanting a digital version of a board game based on a 90s video game

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

mutata posted:

The Bad Star Wars Game Curse will continue and the only way to break it is to get back to making Star Wars games where you don't play as a Jedi.

Hear me out: Total War - Naboo

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

mutata posted:

you say this like shadows of the empire wasn't cursed af

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

homeless snail posted:

I wish FFG didn't hate The Internet, and would make digital versions of their miniatures games and star wars rebellion. yeah I understand the irony of wanting a digital version of a board game based on a 90s video game

They can't do that, regardless of whether or not they want to. Their license is specifically for tabletop products. Publishing digital versions of their games would be infringing on EA's exclusive license to make Star Wars video games.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You can play Star Wars board games on Tabletop Simulator :shh:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wrong thread

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Endorph posted:

chris-chan is a weirdo but imo the people that have spent 100 years dedicated every single action of their life and specifically trying to ruin it are worse

and at least people just drawing sonic making GBS threads into a diaper dont actually hurt anyone. frankly at this point i wouldnt even put them into a top 50 of worst groups of people on the internet considering how things have gotten

As someone who was heavily into that ~~community~~ nearly a decade ago the point of the constant trolling of/stalking people like CWC is to eventually get them to kill themselves because they're considered weird/sexual deviants. It's the natural endpoint of what SA was in its heyday.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

GUI posted:

what SA was

:lol:

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 1, 2018

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

GUI posted:

As someone who was heavily into that ~~community~~ nearly a decade ago the point of the constant trolling of/stalking people like CWC is to eventually get them to kill themselves because they're considered weird/sexual deviants. It's the natural endpoint of what SA was in its heyday.

that's really terrible

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

GUI posted:

what SA was in its heyday.

even then we've always had the unspoken rule of not touching the poop, and threads invariably go off rails in a bad way once someone does

doobie was an exception in a way, i guess, but still it ended badly for everyone here who engaged in the pooptouching

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Turns out that we were the poop

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

The White Dragon posted:

even then we've always had the unspoken rule of not touching the poop, and threads invariably go off rails in a bad way once someone does

doobie was an exception in a way, i guess, but still it ended badly for everyone here who engaged in the pooptouching

Yeah, we just gather around the poop with sticks while beating around the bush... and dont talk about touching it outright on the forums proper. There's other places for that.

SA has never not been this. Better to acknowledge it and try to move forward than whitewash.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 1, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

There's an entire forum dedicated to stalking and harassing game developers that is eternally protected by Lowtax's blessing so it's still actively encouraged by this website

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the most hosed up thing about sa is the slow realization among several subsets of the community that the culture of the site is inherently hosed up and toxic but it's the only place we can talk with this specific group of friends about random stuff we all like

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

In Training posted:

There's an entire forum dedicated to stalking and harassing game developers that is eternally protected by Lowtax's blessing so it's still actively encouraged by this website

At least Chris Roberts is a scam artist, someone out there preying upon people. I can take part in that kind of general unpleasantness, with glee. It got gross a lot with what people thought was funny to say about Sandi, but I never saw people doing the type of things we were attacking them for letting Lesnick do.

One time I came in and GBS was basically renamed gently caress THESE FEMINISTS and so i clicked that thread -- whaddaya know, THAT PAGE, someone posting censored doxx of people. "totally didnt look it up myself." Supposedly there's some reason or another that that's okay. They started it, they're dumb, whatever.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I regularly post in only, like, 3-4 threads. This is one of them. I also bookmark a couple of threads for the games I'm currently playing.

I haven't visited the rest of these forums in years

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

GBS still is and will always be an embarrassing trash fire, but some of the sub-forums have gotten better. Games was painful to read up to a couple of years ago.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sometimes you just wanna find a place to chill with people, and sometimes chilling with people just pisses other people off a lot for some reason, like they can't comprehend that there are people out there who just wanna chill

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
despite how toxic the general culture of gbs and poo poo can be i feel like if i never joined and posted around sa i wouldn't have made friends with people who helped me generally unfuck my brain that i had successfully twisted into a weird knot of awkward frustration and anxiety so it's been a net positive. i can gladly say that i can think much more clearly about things and have a much better idea of who i am than i did in 2013

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anyway play rakugaki showtime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Rakugaki Showtime is pretty okay.

• Locked thread