Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1022807775372619779

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

*extremely moron leftist voice* actually electing the fascists is good because they will own the EU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ive never seen a leftist say anything supportive of the new italian gov

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he's probably not getting a second term

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1022822633765855232

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

it'll be cool if its him against the nazis again. lol le pen wanted out of the EU until she saw what a disaster brexit is

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

ive never seen a leftist say anything supportive of the new italian gov

Not you lol

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Ah that lovely little positive bump when he said all the imperialism that France does is good and that Muslims and black people should be grateful and sort themselves out.

I really loving hope the French left can form some sort of voting alliance next time or it really will be the FN taking control.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Jose posted:

it'll be cool if its him against the nazis again. lol le pen wanted out of the EU until she saw what a disaster brexit is
Watch Brexit convince the European far right that leaving the EU is a bad idea, so they're better off putting all their efforts into making the EU less dysfunctional - but all the functionality gets funneled into making a "Europe for Europeans" - No Muslims, No Blacks, No Jews, No Romas.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

namesake posted:

Ah that lovely little positive bump when he said all the imperialism that France does is good and that Muslims and black people should be grateful and sort themselves out.

I really loving hope the French left can form some sort of voting alliance next time or it really will be the FN taking control.

The french left will not make it to the next election due to their teleporters being sabotaged by the russians

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Watch Brexit convince the European far right that leaving the EU is a bad idea, so they're better off putting all their efforts into making the EU less dysfunctional - but all the functionality gets funneled into making a "Europe for Europeans" - No Muslims, No Blacks, No Jews, No Romas.

When do they start bringing put the eagles

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
melon-chan is going to be the next french president

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

When do they start bringing put the eagles
First order of business.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Its going to be great when AfD take over Germany and the German coup in the EU big4 positions leads to a 4th reich

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I’m kind of surprised this hasn’t been attempted.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does everyone know Tempelhofer Feld? It's an out of use airport and its runways/field here in Berlin that is now open to the public and is my favourite place in Berlin. It was decided per refenderum a couple of years ago that it should not be developed by real estate developers, and now it's just this huge open space/park in the middle of the city where everyone can go and do whatever. Huge swaths of it are protected bird breeding grounds. And of course you can bike/skateboard on the runways.

Anyway, it now also has a huge refugee center on it, a complex with hundreds of living spaces/shelters. We went to the park to watch the blood moon (it's the biggest open space in the city with the least amount of light pollution) and everyone was watching the moon together, hundreds of berliners and hundreds of refugees chilling out together. This is my feel good story of today.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Nice.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

oliwan posted:

Does everyone know Tempelhofer Feld? It's an out of use airport and its runways/field here in Berlin that is now open to the public and is my favourite place in Berlin. It was decided per refenderum a couple of years ago that it should not be developed by real estate developers, and now it's just this huge open space/park in the middle of the city where everyone can go and do whatever. Huge swaths of it are protected bird breeding grounds. And of course you can bike/skateboard on the runways.

Anyway, it now also has a huge refugee center on it, a complex with hundreds of living spaces/shelters. We went to the park to watch the blood moon (it's the biggest open space in the city with the least amount of light pollution) and everyone was watching the moon together, hundreds of berliners and hundreds of refugees chilling out together. This is my feel good story of today.
Hitler continues giving back to the people he loved.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
:unsmith:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
https://twitter.com/danielmack/status/1024275605020442626

T: The last time the SPD have been this strong was under Gerhard Schröder.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1025665808465309696

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Dirk Pitt posted:

I’m kind of surprised this hasn’t been attempted.

the biggest equivalent to the alt right in europe in "Generation Identity," a french group that is for a Pan-European identity. basically american style white supremacy but tailored to europe. they still seem to oppose the EU but support what is basically a weird fascist EU

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe_of_100_Flags

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

police say they don't believe she pulled off the burqa on purpose:shepface:

twoday
May 4, 2005

“The ban also targets other accessories that hide the face such as balaclavas, masks and false beards.”

uh what

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

twoday posted:

“The ban also targets other accessories that hide the face such as balaclavas, masks and false beards.”

uh what

is there no mall santa union in Denmark?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Reclines Obesily posted:

melon-chan is going to be the next french president

I want a corbyn , AMALO, Bernie and melenchon future

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

twoday posted:

uh what

they're trying to avoid a human rights freedom of religion violation

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

The Puppet Master posted:

is there no mall santa union in Denmark?
Someone unable and unwilling to grow a proper big white bushy beard is not sufficiently santa, and it's thus false advertising, running afoul of consumer protection laws. This law is fiercely defended by the Santa union, Julemandsforbundet, as it effectively limits competition.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
their slogan being: Med Skćg skal Jul holdes

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Denmark definitely needs to setup checkpoints where everyone with a beard will be inspected for a potential false beard

twoday
May 4, 2005

Can't believe the time honored European trade of false beard maker is going to be outlawed under this new regulation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRsFFB0VN-o

twoday has issued a correction as of 18:37 on Aug 4, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/joshchin/status/1026407805409009664

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Germany: Accidentally deport man to a lifetime of imprisonment through the use of outdated technology.
Denmark: Use the most advanced technology to condemn teens to certain death in their homeland.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

So after two weeks of constant shaming of a Left Bloc representative (read: more or less Portuguese dsa) for lifting a building and selling it for a high price in a attempt to fracture the Portuguese left coalition , the current head of the Socio Democrat party (think pt Democrats) warned about pushing on that without providing much of an alternative. For those that didn't follow much re: this party's leadership race, the current one was the "populist" candidate vs the "establishment" candidate being a former PM, even if most of such was noted on an anti romani campaign he was involved with. It should be noted it became a non issue so hard that caring about the romani straight up bc a cudgel against said Left Bloc, another being them sending a letter to the Brazilian government protesting the treatment of Lula and demandjng a deeper investigation of Marielle Franco's assassination. This was a negative according to both center media and the right center party.

Not pushing the Left Bloc hard enough was enough for the Establishment candidate to protest the head, leave and going to form a more "sensible" party (read: being a party meant to push abortion and euthanasia bans according to his statements that he considered but somehow not the populist right party, that even them slammed his party for adding more blocks to a gender auto determination bill).

To give an idea on how hard they attacked the Left Bloc, the centre media ended up giving fluff pieces to a former soccer team CEO that most definitely had the cheer squad beat up his team in punishment of not performing well enough, possibly being the "first mass terrorism" action according to them in Portuguese soil.

It should be noted as well: Right populist party head had a surge in popularity for slamming the government for their lacking response of last year's fires and later on was lambasted and called nuts for not wanting to do a coalition with them like they did during this century's IMF intervention. The only way they said that a party like hers could have power? If the Socio Democrat/Centre Right party had a major rift in leadership. Like this one.

Kunster has issued a correction as of 15:07 on Aug 7, 2018

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Left Bloc should've sunked the idiot party member doing housing speculation the minute the news broke out. Instead they let him hang around for a full weekend and the media had a blast with it. In the end Martins was right, the only reason the Robles case happened was because of the bill they introduced to curb housing market speculation, bill that the president ended up vetoing under the advise of lobbies connected to said housing market speculation, to which the media of course said nothing about.

Love me a housing bubble. I'm sure nothing bad will ever happen.

lmao at Santana Lopes splitting off and going to form his own right wing shill party. This is the same guy who once got interrupted during an interview so the news could show a football manager arriving at an airport. Nobody gives a poo poo about him.

Also the Portuguese Social-Democrat Party is more akin to the UK Conservative party than the US Democratic party, even if you're just talking about the right wing of the democrats.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

To be frank I recall Sic and Publico mildly covering those and was probably the cause of Rio's statement telling people to knock it off with the Left Bloc hate, with Sic straight up acting like a Westworld Host blathering "Doesn't Look Like Anything To Me" while really quickly covering Marcelo's ties to those lobbies.

You're right about them being our Tories, I was sorta thinking of Sol having a shitfit over most of them supporting Hillary Clinton instead of Donald Trump + them sort of enjoying a certain avenue of as being "a reasonable party" + the Russia shitfit from a few months back. The Pinochet mourning was kind of a factor I think.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Our Right is very old-fashioned to go about supporting Trumpism, and also to coward to break ranks with establishment neo-liberal EU doctrine so no UKIP poo poo either. As such PSD/CDS get to retain that "reasonable conservative" image. They also always tend to vote robots for leaders, with the exceptions of Paulo Portas and good old Zé Manel Barroso.

I think is in part due to the supermarket manager brand of fascism we had.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Also our population is old as poo poo, so PNR nonsense only seems to work with youngsters. However if occasional facebook visits are to be believed, they might get a somewhat worrysome surge on a future election.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

so italy says vaccines are optional for kids now?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/07/health/italy-anti-vaccine-law-measles-intl/index.html

quote:

The law had originally been introduced by the Democratic Party in July 2017 amid an ongoing outbreak of measles that saw 5,004 cases reported in 2017 -- the second-highest figure in Europe after Romania -- according to the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC). Italy accounted for 34% of all measles cases reported by countries in the European Economic Area, the center said.

Italy's Five Star movement and its coalition partner, the far-right League, both voiced their opposition to compulsory vaccinations, claiming they discourage school inclusion.
League leader and Interior Minister Matteo Salvini said in June that the 10 obligatory vaccinations, which include measles, tetanus and polio, "are useless and in many cases dangerous, if not harmful," according to ANSA news agency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

This was one of the central issues for M5S so no big surprise