Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Simply redefine secure such that it describes whatever happens when national are running the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Why run the border any different to water or the economy?

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
I didn’t think it possible for the PM to shove any more landlord cock down her throat but here we are, we’re paying private landlords “motel rates per room” to rent their homes to provide emergency housing, instead of y’know, renting for market rates direct to tenants. And we’re going to start charging people in emergency housing like motels two days after the election.

What a piece of poo poo.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/emergency-housing-charges-back-on

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Still cannot believe National's strong border plan is to just let people avoid quarantine if they've come from a 'safe' country and been tested 3 days before their flight

1 person with covid infected like 30 people on a long haul flight yesterday

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
i don't know if you've noticed, but national and their voters are loving idiots

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

labour don't want to do anything to upset landlords because they are also landlords.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

labour don't want to do anything to upset landlords because they are also landlords.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Ghostlight posted:

David Seymour does not directly own property

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
I just watched this:

https://twitter.com/Kieran_McAnulty/status/1308154938787155968

and I think I understand why people like John Key despite him being a massive shithead. I'm not saying that Mrs Ardern is somehow like Mr Key in personality or politics, but that I see this and I feel like we could have been friends IRL in an alternate dimension - we are the same age, have a similar background, have similarish politics, and of course since its NZ we do have friends in common like probably everyone else in NZ lol. She seems nice and genuine to me, and people who liked Key said that about him - that he was genuine and you could have a beer with him. So people who hate Ardern is like me hating Key. Although, I'm positive I hated Key for what he did, and people hate Arden for being a woman so maybe its not that comparable.

It kind of makes it all the more disappointing that Labour and Ardern are what they are in some respects.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

The dog knows.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

That dog is nervous as hell because she's terrified of it. Look how far away she's standing. Dogs sense nervousness and fear and respond in kind.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Treasury’s fault.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Treatsury's fault.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

they promised me treat
but all i got was threat

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

If that dog is female, it's a classic case of game recognising game.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

klen dool posted:

I'm not saying that Mrs Ardern is somehow like Mr Key in personality or politics,

i am :twisted:

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

:monocle:

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
Is any one doing a comprehensive fact check or analysis of the debates?

I've got dinner with the in-laws tonight and I'm gonna need some ammunition :downs:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Rozzbot posted:

Is any one doing a comprehensive fact check or analysis of the debates?

I've got dinner with the in-laws tonight and I'm gonna need some ammunition :downs:

Looks like Stuff are working their way through it: https://interactives.stuff.co.nz/2020/08/election-2020-the-whole-truth/#/

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.newsroom.co.nz/ideasroom/a-political-dance-with-no-room-for-missteps

sooo i wrote a thing

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

And posted a post!

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Giant new Advance billboard just went up in my neighbourhood, and I'm all out of spray paint.

Pity, there's enough room under Billy to fit 'Even Q thinks you're an rear end in a top hat."

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/SamSachdevaNZ/status/1309286393504391168?s=20

klen dool
May 7, 2007

But she didn't loving do anything other than trust experts and have compassion. Give me a peace prize because I always indicate properly at roundabouts. I get a nomination for almost always keeping my code at 95% test coverage.

Edit: obama got it while murdering people with drones so maybe she does deserve it....

klen dool fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Sep 25, 2020

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

klen dool posted:

But she didn't loving do anything other than trust experts and have compassion.

It's pretty on brand for 2020. The bar is so low for leadership that it doesn't surprise me this would put you in the running for a peace prize.

Also didn't Obama get one when he just took office and was literally still killing people.

e: lol yeah you get it

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
I'm OK with 'doing the right thing' possibly getting recognized even if yeah, it's a super sad state of affairs that that clearing the basics is exceptional among world leaders and not like, the default

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
Feb 1st was the deadline for nominations for 2020 so Jacinda was probably nominated for her handling of the Christchurch mosque shootings last year rather than how she handled COVID.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Correction: Obama got it before he could do any of that.

The list for the Peace Prize is rather short, because you know, 2020. It has always been more of a political statement than for work done so I wouldn't read too much into it.

You are really selling what the government has done really short, like be satisfied with something ffs. Bitch about something they have done poorly.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Landlords are human, and they have rights, ergo she is looking after human rights.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Slavvy posted:

Landlords are human

we will have to agree to disagree here

klen dool
May 7, 2007

oohhboy posted:

Correction: Obama got it before he could do any of that.

The list for the Peace Prize is rather short, because you know, 2020. It has always been more of a political statement than for work done so I wouldn't read too much into it.

You are really selling what the government has done really short, like be satisfied with something ffs. Bitch about something they have done poorly.

I'm not bitching about the govt, I'm bitching about people who think she deserves a Nobel Peace prize. I low key think she wouldn't accept one but I'm not going to try and defend that position since it's just a feeling.

Ms Ardern and her govt are amazing at reacting to stuff compassionately and competantly and I don't mean that as a criticism - they literally have had no time to do much else considering the luck we've had and it would have been so much easier to to pull a Boris Johnson and wash hands of the situation. But they certainly haven't been what they could have been, and they have betrayed the working class and indigenous the whole time what with no CGT and Imuhataou and child poverty and need I go on? "Better than national" isn't very asperational, but I don't really want to bitch about labour unless it was labour that nominated Ardern then welp

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Xik posted:

we will have to agree to disagree here

Yeah that's fair.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Labour party policy aside, Jacinda's leadership and crisis management are loving incredible and I'd be happy to see her recognised with the Nobel peace prize.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

oohhboy posted:

You are really selling what the government has done really short, like be satisfied with something ffs.

Not complaining? In D&D?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

bike tory posted:

Labour party policy aside, Jacinda's leadership and crisis management are loving incredible and I'd be happy to see her recognised with the Nobel peace prize.

Stop trying to deflect, landlord

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
She's unlikely to go on to commit genocide so that makes her pretty good by nobel standards

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Maybe it is winning the Nobel Peace Prize which causes these leaders to go on drone murder or genocide sprees. I say it isn’t worth the risk and they should not give it to her.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
obama won the peace prize for simply not being bush, lmao

it's a stupid, meaningless prize anyway, second only to the 'nobel' economics prize

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
If Jacinda ate cat food could she also win economics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spyderizer
Feb 18, 2004
https://www.renews.co.nz/a-catchy-pop-song-to-explain-how-mmp-works/