Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
buzzr is an over-the-air digital subnet where all they do is show a bunch of old game shows. being owned by fremantle media, their stuff is almost entirely from the mark goodson/bill todman library. which means shows like match game, family feud, card sharks, super password and the like. but they have access to other shows like supermarket sweep, press your luck, and sale of the century. they also make their shows available on amazon prime, as well a twitch stream with a smaller selection of shows.

as part of their third anniversary, they started a live stream of their network. and you can watch it here -- as far as i know, it's not geolocked.

right now, they're showing some match game '73 -- pretty early in the revival of a show originally from the 60s, so the questions are a lot more open-ended as opposed to straight-up one liners missing the punchline, but you can tell that the show is about to find its footing in a hurry.

it's good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

holy crap that 70s aesthetic, it's almost like a parody of itself

ty nesamdoom!

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Manifisto posted:

holy crap that 70s aesthetic, it's almost like a parody of itself

i know, right? and that's just the wardrobes!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Manifisto

and the sets, and the fonts, and the music, and the haircuts . . .

guess the commercials are contemporary though, kind of a shame

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Manifisto posted:

and the sets, and the fonts, and the music, and the haircuts . . .

guess the commercials are contemporary though, kind of a shame

when they show some of the old, black-and-white shows ("I've Got a Secret," "To Tell the Truth" and "What's My Line?") they do let some of the old commercials play through.

----------------

Manifisto

they should have named this show "nonstop sexual innuendo 73"

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Manifisto posted:

they should have named this show "nonstop sexual innuendo 73"

just wait until the 1976 episodes.

----------------

Manifisto

I'd really love to see a guest who in total deadpan cuts through the innuendo, norm macdonald style

"penis! the answer is penis, right? seems like it should be penis"

ty nesamdoom!

AZCollins

Meanderthal
I just watched some Match Game with my dad and holy moly dudes were skeevy on TV in the 70s.

From one episode -

Host: The lady magician doesn't have a hat, so she has to pull rabbits out of her ______
Attractive female contestant: "Bra."
Host: "Bra is your answer? Are you sure?"
Contestant nods.
Host: "Sit up straight."
Contestant does.
Host: "Oh that's why she said bra. Makes sense now."

:whoptc:

Manifisto

let's play at home!

"the sultan had 200 wives, and they all ___________ed"

e:

* insisted that the sultan hyphenate his last name with hers, which became increasingly cumbersome

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 3, 2018

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Man, that loving hair.

alnilam

no whammy no whammy no whammy Go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korean Boomhauer
why the heck hasnt someone made tabletop simulator but with gameshows yet like u could have a steve harvey button that makes u make the real disappointed face he makes when someone says "peanis"

• Locked thread