Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Trin Tragula posted:

Jubal Harshaw from Stranger in a Strange Land is somewhere on Mary Sue's family tree

I know that character is Heinlein's pedagogical self-insert, but it's still strange you pick him over Michael literal-loving-Jesus Valentine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Liquid Communism posted:

Oh my god you are missing out. There is a Let's Read of one in Trad Games now, go find it. It is worse than I describe.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid= &userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

No thanks, I am not a Hellraiser cenobite, and do not wish to become one. Call it Wild Cards series PTSD, read a few of them years before the SA Let's Read Wild Cards thread(s) existed.

Trin Tragula posted:

Jubal Harshaw from Stranger in a Strange Land is somewhere on Mary Sue's family tree

Stuporstar posted:

I know that character is Heinlein's pedagogical self-insert, but it's still strange you pick him over Michael literal-loving-Jesus Valentine.

I already had one Robert Heinlein character listed in the OP's terrible books/terrible characters section, the literal mothefucker character. Figured that was enough SLASH I really didn't want to think about or write about Heinlein's many WWRAHD* mary sue characters...WWRAHD stands for "What Would Robert Anson Heinlein Do?"

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

the literal mothefucker character

Lazarus Long.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Victorkm posted:

Lazarus Long.

yes. Lazarus Long, literal motherfucker.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Victorkm posted:

Lazarus Long.

Don't you mean Lazarus... Shlong? :smuggo:

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
Goku

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Jesus :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Well, I mean, Jesus literally was God, and God wrote the bible, so I guess this is true.

• Locked thread