Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally catching up on the first week of fights and am enjoying them so far.

Edit - Bisping isn't half bad as a commentator and it'd be cool to see him on more stuff.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Diabetes guy is annoying and that fight sucked

E: nice head kick KO

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 27, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Holy loving poo poo

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
4 day notice fat guy spinning to win

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Another awesome week goddamn

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Te Edwards and Antonina Shevchenko signed.

Josh Parisian is being put on TUF.

Julian Erosa didn’t get signed but was basically told to stay ready because he’ll be a replacement fighter if anyone at his weight on a UFC card gets hurt soon.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Digital Jedi posted:

I know he was signed but Dana made it sound like they wanted to help him keep training for a while before he fights officially in the UFC.

Plus this just happened

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1009909923386462209

Lol drat

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I train jits with Julian sometimes, happy to see him get a win.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

This is starting soon today

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

"this guy wants to get out of the shadow of being PVZ's fiancee, btw this guy is PVZ's fiancee"

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Another Edmond protege coming up, the one that was on last season didn't fare so well

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ehh he could’ve let that go a little bit but I don’t think it would’ve changed anything

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

hooo boy that backfist sounded brutal

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

hahahahaha

The power went out in the UFC gym

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

man this guy doesn't remember how he got that cut (bc he almost got knocked out), then said he didn't get hurt. get my dude an MRI please

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Not that I'm calling for blood for the blood god, but that stoppage seemed pretty early and that cut didn't seem so bad. Chicky was still defending herself.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The UFC really kinda needs strawweights who actually bring it, so she'll probably get at least a development deal.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

She's in. I hope that they keep her active.

What would be really cool is if these DWTNCS cards had a UFC fight as the headline on top of the development fights just to help keep divisions moving. I could stand to watch Jojo Calderwood fight someone right now.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Edmond Tarverdyan is a UFC coach again.

That kid is doomed.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait, when did Ronda start managing fighters or is this some "Edmund does everything but uses Ronda's name for business pull and throws her a few bucks" deal?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The Ronda Rousey Center For Children Who Can't Fight Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol.

Also man Team Alpha Male suck at insults. "Mr. Van Zant" is some Cody level weak burns.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This has been a consistently entertaining show all summer and I wish more people would watch it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Dashawn Boatwright sounds like one of those weird implausible names like Benedict Cumberbatch or Guybrush Threepwood

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Vontez Burfict.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Karate Combat is now a thing on Fight Pass which is something I apparently missed. It's kind of silly but also in a good way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rged6ObQidQ

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Quayhagen, give these people air

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oops wrong thread

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 20, 2018

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

Quayhagen, give these people air

lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nick Newell is on tonight. Should be fun to see if he gets a contract assuming he wins.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
If he jams his nub into your eye socket is that a punch or a poke?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This Hooper kid looks like he’s 14

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This very tall child could be quite good if he puts on some muscle and gets any kind of striking defense

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Jason Herzog was willing to let a man die tonight.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

JaySB posted:

Jason Herzog was willing to let a man die tonight.

He should’ve called it but that was a weird fight. Hooper clearly doesn’t have enough strength to keep anyone on their back so every time he’d start hitting the guy with good ground shots, the Hawaiian would roll over and Hooper was being extra careful not to throw shots to the back of the head.

Also, I think that’s the first time I’ve seen a 28-26 score.

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!
Can’t believe TAM let this lumberjack looking fella into their camp.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kirkland brand Ben Rothwell with the finish

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

Can’t believe TAM let this lumberjack looking fella into their camp.

Maybe they’ll “forget” to invite him to the homoerotic photo shoots.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

He should’ve called it but that was a weird fight. Hooper clearly doesn’t have enough strength to keep anyone on their back so every time he’d start hitting the guy with good ground shots, the Hawaiian would roll over and Hooper was being extra careful not to throw shots to the back of the head.

Also, I think that’s the first time I’ve seen a 28-26 score.

Just rolling over to take more shots isn't intelligently defending yourself. It's the referee's job to save a fighter from unnecessary damage...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I really should know what to expect, but christ almighty the Dana asskissing is cringeworthy.

• Locked thread