Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

JaySB posted:

Just rolling over to take more shots isn't intelligently defending yourself. It's the referee's job to save a fighter from unnecessary damage...

Literally nothing Hooper did whenever the guy rolled over was even remotely dangerous though. He was basically patting the guys forearms.

I, personally, would’ve stopped it, but I think the circumstances were such that I understand where Herzog was coming from.

Also, holy hell this fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

This fight owns

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

both these dudes would demolish that Hooper guy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is just pure violence, Jesus Christ

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

What in the gently caress was that kick

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

oh christ this next one's gonna be a LnP fest

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

What the hell

E: from the other angle there was definitely nobody home after that punch

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Good stoppage

If that kick landed, ouch

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

turns out having less than two arms is a huge disadvantage

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

There should be only one contract for the Nigerian fighter. Maybe a developmental deal for the kid.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Nigerian dude will get a deal. And the Australian guy because 205 is thin as hell.

They should definitely keep an eye on Hooper though.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Caught up on the week's fights from last week.

Crute looks great and sounds like he can go between LHW and HW.

Sodiq Yussuf is always fun to watch and I was hoping he'd get a finish but I think he's done enough to get a contract regardless. Shame about Newell losing to a relative nobody though.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Yussuf's style seems very energy demanding, and I'm impressed that, at this level, he's able to manage a pace so that he only throws those haymakers occasionally but still frequently enough that they're a threat. If he had better technique with countering, he'd be putting people down, but the gas tank makes him a promising prospect.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

This is starting up in a few minutes.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Hope we get to see if the Teed-lock is as effective as the McKenzie-tine.
Also, the Kraken is a pretty cool nickname.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Big win for No Way Jose

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Nasty elbows

Edit: That is a bloody man. drat

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 1, 2018

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Ref game him a lot of chances there.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Holy hell thats a lot of blood

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I really don't understand the point of this show if they're going to have people on who are so bad that even with a stoppage win they don't warrant a shot in the UFC.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Tonight's sob story intros filled with prison stints and dead family members

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Adams, Griffin, Heinisch and Roberts all get contracts.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

gently caress Greg Hardy but goddamn that dude can go

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Can't wait for him to get starched by someone that isn't a soft fight.

Edit: God Dana is such a disgusting cocksucker.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I don't think it's particularly surprising that an elite level athlete is also good at other explosive movements.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This was a pretty awesome season with some great fights. Pretty happy some of the guys got contracts, a few could've gotten one but whatever.

Would love this to be the full time replacement of TUF and a longer season as that'd be fun as hell.

Also, gently caress Greg Hardy.

I'll close the thread in a week to let some last minute discussions or whatever happen.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mekchu posted:

This was a pretty awesome season with some great fights. Pretty happy some of the guys got contracts, a few could've gotten one but whatever.

Would love this to be the full time replacement of TUF and a longer season as that'd be fun as hell.

Also, gently caress Greg Hardy.

I'll close the thread in a week to let some last minute discussions or whatever happen.

It should run every two weeks all year long with 8 fights per card at the fastest pacing they can manage, and they should include some fighters who are on the cusp of washing out of the UFC and/or who are trying to recover from a UFC washout - "these guys both went 1-2 in the UFC a year ago but they didn't get stopped, so let's see where they are now..."

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That would also work. Basically its way better than the FOX cards and TUF combined. UFC also announced its moving to a new facility right next to the UFC Performance Institute that's bigger than the current TUF gym and the current TUF gym is being shut down.

I know its going to ESPN+ next year, but thankfully its staying on UFC Fight Pass if you live internationally (according to some sources I read). So I can at least still enjoy it since ESPN+ isn't available in Kpop land.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Mekchu posted:

That would also work. Basically its way better than the FOX cards and TUF combined. UFC also announced its moving to a new facility right next to the UFC Performance Institute that's bigger than the current TUF gym and the current TUF gym is being shut down.

I know its going to ESPN+ next year, but thankfully its staying on UFC Fight Pass if you live internationally (according to some sources I read). So I can at least still enjoy it since ESPN+ isn't available in Kpop land.

Didn’t Dana also say TUF was sticking around or did I misunderstand?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This really was a tremendously entertaining season.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TUF is staying yeah. It'll be on ESPN/ESPN+ or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
See ya in Season 3!

• Locked thread