Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

HP: 13/13 AC: 11 Villain Points: 5/5 HD: 1 (d10)

The tiefling's sleep was not restful. Not in the slightest.

With a slight hiss of air, the one known as Excellence's eyes slip open. She checks, a moment, expecting crossbow bolts to still be blossoming from her flesh, but sees none. Her eyes play out over the cell, noting that everything seemed in place. A nightmare, then? No, of course not. Lilith bet Rasho bin Zariel does not have nightmares. It must be a vision from her dark god, the Lord of Nine Hells. Some impetus to make her escape sooner than not, such that she could continue her work in his name.

The exact method of that escape still is lost to her. It is not a matter of strength of arms, nor force of personality. It is the sort of operation she'd have happily confronted with her small band of men, each adding their own specialties to a collective whole. Of course, what hope does she have of finding soldiers in the depths of Branderscar? It would be a marvel, given what she's done so far, were they to let her out of the cell prior to the fusillade that awaits. She's lost enough in thought that the guards need to bellow their bit about the manacles a number of times before she notices that they've impinged on her planning.

With a withering look, she nonetheless puts them on. Slowly. Not even the greatest scholars could hope to devise an escape plan while they were yelling about such trifling concerns. Besides, it was as good an opportunity as any to more closely observe their shoddy discipline. The barest spark of an idea had begun to flare into existence, but it was sure to grow into a wildfire and consume this accursed prison. All it required was fodder to feed upon.

The journey that follows is of little interest to Excellence. She can't make much heads or tails of the winding path, though it is easy enough to realize they travel downwards into the prison's depths. When they deposit her in the rank cell, filled with filth and scum of every stripe, it's quite fair to say that Excellence can't quite make sense of it. Why, after all their efforts to maintain isolation, were they consolidating prisoners? Were their guards so undermanned? They were fond enough of gambling, to be sure, and they had lost a pair of men to her escape attempt... perhaps these others had acted likewise.

The guards manacle her to the wall next to an unremarkable waif, then leave. Perhaps to gather another, perhaps simply because they wish to be elsewhere. It is hard to say when addressed with such incompetence.

After a moment, Excellence breaks her silence to say, "So. Which among you have greater ambitions than dying an ignoble death?" Her tone isn't particularly accusative, though it does leave the distinct suggestion that those who refused to answer were craven cowards who deserved whatever end they'd been assigned. "I certainly do."

Tricky fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

A smile cuts across Excellence's face, sharp points of ivory peeking through, as the pointy-eared greenskin speaks up and taunts the guards. There was a fire in her, to be sure, and fire was just what they needed to see themselves out of this mess.

After they've vacated the premises and given them what privacy is possible, she says, "Excellence. And a beast, you say?" She peers into the darkness, her infernal eyes easily seeing the silver-chained door. "I'd say that's certainly promising. And, were we to loose it, I'd point to the hour of midnight being quite an opportune moment." A chuckle. "These men drink and gamble on the job, and no game is more tempting than the Sergeant's own. I'd imagine they'd have a tough time responding to a rabid beast when they're deep in their cups and trading coin over trumps."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

The tiefling laughs at Worm's warning, "Of course. I'd not say that we have any kinship with it, just that it could make a fine distraction. If you want to speak to it, though, far be it from me to tell you how to live and die."

In response to Egina's question, Excellence says, "I'm a devil with a blade, in any sense of the word you like, and Asmodeus has granted me a measure of his power." She pulls mightily at the manacle holding her right arm to the wall, causing a shiver of stone dust to fall. "I can sense the presence of creatures from different planes and, too, remove wounds with a touch." The discussion about visions of death is a little unsettling. What are the chances that they'd all experience that on the same eve? Excellence adds, "I dreamed of it, too. Death by fusillade. Not that these guards are any better shots than they are at resisting vice on the job."

Though, a thought occurs, as the elf mentions his name. Pharom... yes, the guards had been laughing about that one. Something about an utter lack of pants as he was dragged to his new home in Branderscar. She finds the humor in the image of the poncy elf getting dragged through the streets with a bare arse, of course, but there had been some talk of acid involved as well. He might be particularly useful should he be able to come up with any further creations such as that.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Excellence nods in greeting as the wayward member of their band returns. She hadn't missed the slight hiss of pain when the girl had first been secured, nor the Sergeant's show of temper over her treatment. Whatever the reasons behind it, one thing was clear. That... rib, likely, given what she'd seen similar pains end up being, would do nothing but slow them down on the escape. And if the girl's connections are enough to sway the Sergeant... well, that would probably be helpful. A moment's hesitation could spell death on the field of battle. She'd need to heal that rib sooner or later, if only to fully win her loyalty to their shared cause.

She looks curiously at Niashé, saying, "What was that all about?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Excellence guffaws at Salvatrix's wordplay. It reminds her of life in the army, particularly some of the ribald jabs Small Tom would throw when he was getting cleaned out after a bad hand.

She says to Niashé, "It's a drat fancy flower, to be sure." A brief beat, then she adds, "How's the chest? It looked like you got more than a little roughed up."

Tricky fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 13, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Excellence looks at the rose with newfound appreciation. She says, "A fine trick, no doubt. I don't suppose you've got a blade and some plate mail hidden away?"

As she takes the kit, her hand brushes Niashé's and a spark of pure, glowing power crackles up along Niashé's arm and sinks deep into the noble's body. Excellence isn't quite sure what it must feels like, past it surely being better than the alternative. Competence deserves respect, however, and Niashé had done more than any to get them freed so far. She adds, "I'd imagine that'll help with the pain."

She passes the tools on down the way towards where Glenn was chained.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

HP: 13/13 (5 THP) AC: 11 Villain Points: 5/5 HD: 1 (d10)

Excellence looks at the twig-like wizard boy like one might a light snack. She smolders in his general direction, her eyes like burning embers if he dares lay eyes on her. Almost unconsciously, she rests her leg up on the stone bench, the movement causing her sackcloth garments to ride up just to the point where any further would prove quite the moral hazard for Halstan. Certainly much more interesting in any case than the situation with her hands, which loosely rest in unlocked manacles. The cool wire of the garrote rests behind her back, just itching for the poor bastard to get too close.

That appearance of complete disinterest fades, just a hint, as depths of emotional turmoil and hidden weakness briefly seem to take their place. She says, "Boy. Bring me some food. I'm sure I can give you an... appropriate reward."

Admittedly her idea of an appropriate reward was a quick death, but it was what it was.

Deception 23 in the roll20, also grabbing the garrote from the rose.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

HP: 13/13 (5 THP) AC: 19 Villain Points: 4/5 HD: 1 (d10)

After eating her fill of sweet muffins and breads, Excellence spends the majority of the time prior to their agreed-upon escape plan quietly contemplating her dark lord's mysterious ways. The skull was a clear sign of his affections, that much was obvious, and the rose was as well. She'd never admit it to the group, much less herself, but there had been a moment where it seemed her crusade would falter before it even began. To see everything falling into place... who wouldn't believe that a higher power was taking interest in their merry band of villains?

By the time the hour of their liberation is at hand, her spirit is settled and razor-focused on what needs to be done. Excellence takes to the armory and storage room like a one-lady plague of locusts. The ring mail, cheap and worn, barely draws her eye. The spears of the guard are much more palatable, though she dearly wishes for a solid length of steel to fill her hand. The equipment for the travels ahead is an easy enough addition to her growing collection, as is the portable ram. She grins, imagining the shock when the lizardman and her explode through a securely locked door to the horror of the unprepared guards on the other side. The collection is hefty, yes, but nothing she is not used to as a professional soldier. Unlike her yapping dogs that claimed to be soldiers, she'd never balked from the prospect of a long march in full gear.

Most exciting of all, though, she shifts a display rack that was tantalizingly ajar fully out of the way and finds a chest — surely a remnant of the prison's more martial origins — that contains a set of ancient, but still quite functional, splint. The associated tabard and shield are marked with the lion rampant against a striped field of argent and azure. She has no idea who's gear she's looting, but that matters little. It belongs to her now. Simply a pity for whichever noble family finds their ancestor's reputation in tatters after their daring escape.

Once she is fully equipped, she quietly says, "Alright, then. I'd not imagine we'll get a second chance at this. Strike hard, strike quickly, and may Asmodeus guide your hands this eve."

Spending a VP to find some ancient knight's Splint and associated heraldry tucked away in the back of the armory. Also grabbing a shield (flavorwise with the armor), six spears, one of the explorer's kits for sharing purposes later, and the portable ram.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Excellence lines up by Pharom, eager to charge into the fray and strike down even a lesser servant of the accursed celestials. She says, "I look forward to seeing your wizardry in action. May it strike down our foes as effectively as your words did that boy."

Also go for Team Ambush Archon.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jun 13, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

As the archon nears the assembled villains, Excellence spares one last bit of advice for the band of assorted miscreants. She says, "Don't screw this up. I'd hate to think you lot would get spooked by a moving glow lamp."

With that, she opens the door and strides towards the lantern archon. It's soft chime as it acknowledges her presence doesn't even cause the tiefling to break stride. When it comes to sheer, bloodyminded force of will, it seems clear that few are her match.

15 on the Charisma save!

The archon's attention fades soon after, even as Excellence positions herself against the far door. She's ready to hold the line in case of sudden reinforcements, of course, but her focus is more immediate: striking a blow against the very celestial hordes themselves.

With cruel calm, she takes her time to line up a thrust from her spear... and slams it home into the archon's dancing flames. Even it's unworldly nature is not enough to save it from the sheer rancor and disdain that her spear contains.

15 to hit with her spear, dealing a total of 4 damage after resistance.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Worm's cowardice hadn't escaped Excellence's notice. She'd seen his like before. The bigger the talk, the smaller the nerve. Luckily the rest had proved their mettle. The one calling herself Rêve, as well as Salvatrix, had proven their place at her side with no small effect. The songstress, Egina, had likewise. The rest were still proving themselves. The small one and his hulking lizard companion seemed talented in darker ways, if nothing else, and surely that would prove useful in the days to come as the forces of the six realms rallied to hound their escape.

Excellence retracts the point of her spear from the ruined remnants of the archon. She says, "Well done, everyone. I think that we can safely divide and conquer all that remains. I plan to ensure that the kitchens and beyond don't hide any who would gather the nerve to face us. If some still wish to discover whether the beast is a worthy diversion... well, I wish you sharp wit and keen judgement. Should nothing else arise, I'd say we should clear the main building and then rejoin to make for the gatehouse as one."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

"Besides, some of us took more than our share of that boy's food. I could do with another morsel or two."

Excellence lets a laugh rumble out from her chest at that. To be sure, she'd aggressively staked her claim on the muffins. The soft, sedate sort never seem to realize just how much fuel a body like hers required to maintain. She responds, towering over the sorcerer, "I think you'll find that I simply ate what I required... Rêve." She gestures toward the door. "But if you're haunted by your appetite, feel free to take charge of the larder. Just take care not to eat so much that you can't keep up when we make a break for it. You're an interesting one, girl, and I'd hate to cut our acquaintance so short."

The latter statement is punctuated by Excellence sweeping away from the door, brushing by Niashé in a way that involves far too much bodily contact to be entirely innocent. The tiefling's mood seems to be strangely playful after the bout with the archon, perhaps marking a return to what one might have expected her attitude to be with her fellow soldiers.

Excellence would really appreciate the longsword from the below list! Pipe, tobacco, and rye would also be very much appreciated, but are luxuries.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Excellence grins, all teeth, at Salvatrix's invitation. She says, "How can I resist a request like that? There's two of them, after all, and I'm sure the other apprentice will need to be kept busy. I can certainly arrange that..." Given the poor bastard's beaten-down affect, it seems clear enough that the other apprentice was like as not the real power between the two. She did so enjoy seeing that sort of fool grovel. "And I'm sure there'll be no shortage of magical treasure to be had, given the warden's talents. It seems a fair detour, quite likely to aid our escape."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Excellence gratefully accepts the longsword, taking a few swings to check the balance. Satisfied with what she finds, she sheathes the blade at her side and gestures towards the tower. She says, "As Hriss mentioned, time is still something of a concern. Let's make this quick, yeah?"

When the group heads to the tower, Excellence rolls a 3 on her disadvantaged stealth check.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 13, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Excellence simply responds to that with an enigmatic smile and utters, "I do love a good fight."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Excellence, content to let Salvatrix work her wiles on the idiot boy, remains largely silent and menacing, though she does move up into the library with the group. The point of the exercise was to secure valuable goods and to eliminate potential threats, after all, and there was surely something interesting in a mage's library. Though, try as she might to make sense of the titles, Excellence found little that would either serve as a valuable for later trade or something serving deeper purposes still. She pockets the treatise on sainthood, almost as an afterthought, and continues to peruse the shelves. If nothing else, it'd make fine tinder.

That's a 4 to find something with Religion.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

HP: 13/13 (5 THP) | AC: 19 | Villain Points: 4/5 | HD: 1 (d10) | Divine Sense 6/6 | Lay On Hands 5/5 (HP)

Excellence, by the time Vicenza makes her grand entrance, doesn't even bother to have her sword at the ready. She's seen the type before in the army. All that fire, all that bravado... all to cover how little control the half-elf felt she had. Excellence grins broadly at the woman's ultimatum, responding, "Oh? You really think that the good sergeant will leave his game? I've heard the talk. The sheer amount of coin trading hands... the drink... Hah. He'd not come running if you told him the good king himself was at the gates."

The tiefling drops heavily onto a chair, gesturing at the one opposite, "Come now, let's have a chat. You haven't been cooped up in this tower long enough to forget how to do that, I trust?" She doesn't particularly wait for Vicenza to move one way or the other, content to keep the momentum. "The way I see it, we can leave this room one of two ways: as friends, or dear Salvatrix and I will simply have to leave corpses behind us. A waste, that. I can see you have drive, yes, and no little thirst for power." The unspoken invitation hangs in the air for a moment, then Excellence leans forward and makes her pitch, "I think you've seen enough to know how this night ends. The guards can't stop us. The sergeant is too corrupt to do his sole job! And your master, well, he'll arrive far too late."

Excellence looks at the woman with some sympathy, "I think you know well what'll happen when our escape is discovered. There'll be a scapegoat... and do you think your voices will outweigh that of our dear sergeant and his stick? Come now, surely you're not so naive." Excellence gestures at the tower. "All of this will be lost to you, the only replacement a cell. Do you fancy the gallows? I do hear that's the going rate for dereliction of duty."

The tiefling leans back into the chair, her posture utterly self-confident and unguarded, then she says one final temptation, "Would you be the scapegoat...?" A beat. "Or do you want power? My lord is not sparing with those who please him."

That's a 19 to persuade Vicenza.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 13, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

HP: 13/13 (5 THP) | AC: 19 | Villain Points: 4/5 | HD: 1 (d10) | Divine Sense 6/6 | Lay On Hands 5/5 (HP)

Excellence does indeed bristle at the poisoned words of Vicenza, though she endeavors not to show that the barb landed home. Glenn's advice echoes in her ears, a slight tip of her head acknowledging his trigger phrase, and the tight line of her mouth once more opens into a self-assured grin. Pride? She can work with that. She stands, the distinctive knight's armor and heraldry surely aiding in her attempts to dominate the room, and says, "Hah. And you expect me to believe you'd be satisfied with that? Satisfied with the barest scraps of knowledge the church and doddering fools see fit to bestow upon you?" Excellence shakes her head, feigned disbelief. "Then I see I've made a mistake. I thought you were more than simply a tool of the Mithrans. You Lucidoreans have a mind for a grudge, to be sure, but what have they done to reward you all? Nothing. They've let your glory fade, stolen by the Dragonborn."

Excellence gestures at Halstan, disdain evident in her face, "Are you really going to accept that this milksop will be your better in a few short years? You may not be swayed by the promises of my Lord, fine. Suffice to say that we can promise more immediate paths to power. Our friends on the outside possess the sorts of magic that the Mithrans would never let you study. The sort of spell you couldn't dream of seeing, the sort that those old fools would jealously horde for themselves if they had the slightest opportunity." A dramatic, pregnant pause. "The sort of magic that should be yours by right."

The cards are laid out, her weaknesses poked. All that remains is one last offer... and, quite possibly, the signal for Glenn to do his dark work.

Excellence says, "If you insist upon lingering in mediocrity, I'll trouble you no longer and we'll take our leave. But." She looks significantly at the half-elf. "Your people have never been ones for mediocrity. I'd hope I wasn't mistaken in seeing the spark of something greater within you."

Using Vicenza's weakness, that leads to a mighty 27 to persuade her of the fact she'll never amount to anything... under this system.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Much like her compatriots, Excellence is shocked that Halstan fell victim to an overdose of self-sacrificing heroics. The tiefling tips her head to the side, considering the body for a moment, but the boy seems to have died instantly. No use thinking about him any further. She turns her attention to the much more pliable personage in front of her. The half-elf was making quite a show of her loyalty. The sort of thing that either presaged an inevitable betrayal or an utter tip into their camp. It was hard to tell them apart, at times.

Excellence follows along after Vicenza, saying, "Of course. I trust you can answer a few questions while you collect your spoils?" It was not a question. "We'll require funds, equipment, and information if this is to be a going concern. You know the library, what volumes are particularly valuable? I'll also need to know of any magical defenses or areas that were off-limits to the rabble. Those likely indicate places worth going, prior to our escape."

I figure Excellence will spend this tick trying to get any useful information out of Vicenza, particularly related to alternate escape routes or useful loot.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Excellence stands, performing something akin to a formal bow, saying, "A pleasure. The people of Talingarde know me as Excellence, but that is simply a pleasant fiction for them to consume. I am Lilith bet Rasho bin Zariel." She doesn't bother to explain the name's origin. Either Vicenza would recognize it or she wouldn't. Either was fine for the tiefling. "We'll be making for the rest of the band once the girl and the halfling finish looting your former master's quarters. Tell me, Vicenza, what magic can you muster to aid in our escape?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Excellence presses her hand to her ear as the mysterious femme fatale, Rêve, magically whispers a message to her ear. She says in response, magic carrying her message back, "Indeed. It seems we're out of time. We're on our way, but the sooner we strike at the gatehouse, the better." She looks up at the collection on the floating carpet, as well as the dour half-elf apprentice. "That's our signal. We rally at the mess, then strike forth for the gatehouse."

Her mind spins with the tactics appropriate for the situation. It seems clear that speed is of the essence, but even more important was the prospect of a pincer attack. The carpet could surely spirit a small group to attack the gatehouse from above, while the rest press in from below. The unstoppable paths of carnage will then surely meet in the middle. With herself and Hriss leading a team... this can work. This will work. All that is left is the doing.

Taking the potion, then urging the group to meet at the rendevous in preparation for a strike.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Excellence hefts the portable ram in her free hand, looking skeptically at the elf and the odd potion he holds, "And you're sure that'll boost your strength?" She, needless to say, had her doubts. "I'm sure I can break through one of the doors alone, but it would be most helpful if you were able to assist."

Excellence is prepared to charge the ground floor door, ideally with assistance from Pharom, and break it down for everyone to pour in and capitalize on. It seems pretty useful for Vicenza to drop a Sleep on the 2nd floor's archer slits once she's "released" from being a hostage, if only to buy a round or two for us to make it to the door and break in.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

HP: 13/13 (5 THP) | AC: 19 | Villain Points: 4/5 | HD: 1 (d10) | Divine Sense 6/6 | Lay On Hands 5/5 (HP) | Bardic Inspiration

Excellence uses the time that Egina's distractions buy to move up to the chipper half-elf. The last few feet are covered quickly enough to buy her a moment of weakness, though she can already see the guard's eyes beginning to track her. Luckily, Pharom's presence is more than enough distraction for the tiefling's stolen longsword to slip through the guard's quick reactions. As the blade slices a ragged line across Trace's chest, Excellence bares her pointed teeth and growls, "You're too slow, kid. I've got your number."

That's a 17 with advantage from flanking, dealing 7 slashing damage. Trace is marked.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

HP: 13/13 (5 THP) | AC: 19 | Villain Points: 4/5 | HD: 1 (d10) | Divine Sense 6/6 | Lay On Hands 5/5 (HP) | Bardic Inspiration

Excellence laughs coldly as she unleashes a precise series of chops and slashes at Trace, "I suppose we'll have to see. But if you're the best they've got..." They're not meant to strike, no, but to catch the girl in her tempo. It was just as she'd told the sorry lot she'd been saddled with as a captain: the battle is won and lost by controlling the ebb and flow. If you're forced to react, sooner or later you'll slip up. Better to force that on the enemy and profit from their misfortune.

Excellence sees her opportunity a moment later. A cheeky attempt at a counterattack with that wicked sharp dagger extends just a touch too far forward, leaving the guard off-balance. Easy prey for a trained soldier. She catches Trace's arm with a vicious overhand chop, lopping it clean off above the elbow. Time seems to slow a moment, a shocked look lingering on Trace's face as a quip dies in her throat, but it's cut short as Excellence brings the blade back up and rams it deep into her chest. The tiefling shakes her head, "...You'd be surprised just how 'wicked far' we'll get."

That's a 25 to smack Trace with the flanking advantage, dealing 11 slashing damage and killing her.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

HP: 9/13 | AC: 19 | Villain Points: 4/5 | HD: 1 (d10) | Divine Sense 6/6 | Lay On Hands 5/5 (HP)

The explosion was not kind to Excellence, though she was quick enough to deflect most of the lightning breath up and away with her shield. Smoking and crackling, she seems every bit as fiendish as her ancestors as she charges through the doorway with Egina at her side. She bellows, "Is that all you've got? Trickery? Cowardice?" A mighty blow slams down on Jorgen's head, stunning him for a moment and setting him up for Egina's strike. "Die!"

Bardic Inspiration was used on a save. That's 16 to hit Jorgen with advantage, dealing 12 slashing damage and setting him up for Egina's finishing blow.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

HP: 9/13 | AC: 19 | Villain Points: 4/5 | HD: 1 (d10) | Divine Sense 6/6 | Lay On Hands 4/5

Excellence hisses out a quick curse as the situation in the gatehouse becomes far more complicated. She's thankfully out of the way of the shrapnel, though Vicenza isn't as lucky. Excellence calls out, "Hold them off and bar the door! We'll win if we fight smart." The temptation to leave the apprentice bleeding out is there, particularly given their uneasy alliance, but there are two things that Excellence firmly believes in: there's a certain sanctity to the relationship between leader and follower and, indeed, accomplishment on the battlefield should be rewarded. With that in mind, Excellence pulls Vicenza out of the doorway and channels a spark of infernal energy into the half-elf. She growls in Infernal, "Rise, wizard, and let death have no hold. Your service has not ended."

Moving Vicenza out of the way and spending 1hp of Lay on Hands to get her back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

HP: 9/13 | AC: 19 | Villain Points: 4/5 | HD: 1 (d10) | Divine Sense 6/6 | Lay On Hands 4/5 | Inspired

Excellence is just a moment too late to stop the guard from gutting Egina, but she quickly avenges the bard with a quick swipe of her blade. Blood sprays across the doorway. The guard's luck had finally run out. She levels her blade at the barbarian and calls out, "You're next, fool." Lowering her shouder, the tiefling charges into him and tries to jockey for position behind him. Despite her infernal strength, the half-orc barely manages to fend her off. She hisses at the elf beside her, "Useless fool! Do you want to die at his hands? If you can't manage to distract this idiot for one moment, what good are you?" Her teeth glint in the light of the gatehouse. "If we make it out of this, I'll carve basic competence into your flesh if it's the last thing I do."

Hit R5 with a 19, killing him. Using a bonus action to attempt to Overrun Wulfram, rolling 13. Will position to give Pharom a flank on the opposite side of the doorway if the roll succeeds, but it didn't, so Curses instead!

Tricky fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 6, 2018

• Locked thread