Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Pharom Ashgrove

HP: 9/9 AC: 12 Villain Points: 5/5 HD: 1/1 d8

As the morning light warms my face, I stir, bleary eyed from my most recent experiment. The analytical part of my mind makes a note that the mold I harvested from the window slit was most likely NOT Priest's Penance but, due to the hallucinogenic effects, Hermit's Demise, and thus it is useless to me.

I wonder. Was that a dream? If so, how do the mortal races live with such madness?

Soon, the guards arrive and repeat their silly ritual of insisting I manacale myself to the wall. As if my next escape attempt would be so crude as a frenzied attack when they opened the door!

More interestingly, once I've eaten, they take me out of my cell and doen the stairs. For a moment, I think my vision is wrong, that I'm heading to my death. My eyes rapidly can the surroundings, desperate for an edge. But, it turns out they're just taking me to... another cell.

And a dingy, occupied one at that.

Once I'm stuck on the wall with the others, I look them over. A child, a crone, and a goblin. Truely illustrious company.

Once the guards leave, I say to no one in particular,
"Well, isn't this a nice change of scenery from our cells. Another, darker cell. I'd have to give my complements to the Warden, if he weren't away on business."

Save DC: 15
Cantrips: Mage Hand
Effects:

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Pharom Ashgrove

As the witch makes her presence known, I sniff disdainfully, "Deviants, are we? I suppose they consider us that." I jerk my head towards the cell door, and continue, "But I'm sure we all have more in common than not, if we ended up here."

Deciding to make it clear that I have been keeping my eyes out as well, I add, "Of course, I'm sure an accomplished... deviant like yourself has the skills to notice that the mystic wards are already fraying due to rough handling from the warden's inept apprentices. They've done such a poor job that the wards would vanish within a day if they weren't regularly papering over their shoddy work. But, what can you expect from Arzardys graduates. Where did you say you were educated, again?"

The last question is directed back at the witch.

Effects:

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 4, 2018

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Pharom Ashgrove

"I earned my arcane spark in the depths of the Rough Bounds under the tutelage my Dear Mother," Salvatrix spits back at Pharom, "From arcane tombs of power that you would hardly believe. No pat on the head when I was done. I wasn't coddled by whatever soft creatures made someone like you."

"Ah... homeschooled." Pharom sneers, saying, "I suppose one takes pride where they can find it."

After the parade of forsaken criminals continues, Pharom shakes his head in amazement. Just how many of us are there in here?

Once the tiefling speaks up, Pharom responds, "I've already seen what's waiting for us, and I'm not keen on seeing it again. I have far too much work to do to die here. You can call me Pharom."

Effects:

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Pharom Ashgrove

Well, isn't this just a day for surprises. First, the magical, smuggled equipment makes our escape seem all the more likely, now Glenn is here unlocking his manicales, and next the crone pulls a knife from her robe. Looks like she's just been playing dumb. I'll have to keep an eye on her.

When Glenn unlocks my manicales, I see his look or unpleasant acknowledgement. I whisper to him, grinning, "What? Aren't you happy to see am old friend?"

When Niashé mentions the alchemists supplies, I'm not surprised. After all, whoever is enabling this breakout did their homework, and they surely would know about my talents. After she's done listing them, I say, "I'll take those alchemy supplies. With them, I can make acids, explosives, even a fair bit of healing."

I look over to the door holding the "Beast" and address the group, "So, should we see what the nature of this beast is before we make our break for it tonight?

Effects:

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Pharom Ashgrove

Now that the crone has revealed a bit more about the "angel" it's obvious what it is.

I announce, to no one in particular, "Sounds like we have a celestial guest. Specificly, a lantern archon. It's essentially a gofer for angels, which means that it's always going to so the Good thing. So, hostages and other moral dilemmas will make it hesitate. It can fire rays of celestial light and it burns with a divine malice towards evil. When you get a clear shot at it, use fire or acid. Thunder and loud noises in general are a particular bane, but I don't need to explain why that is off the table. Mundane attacks will work, but as it's mostly light, they won't do very much. Also, don't bet on tricking it. It may be simple for an angel, but it can read intentions exceptionally well. All of that said, it's most likely to either flee to spread the word about us or attempt to summon a higher order of angel. Either of those options would be... unfortunate, so if we engage with it, the archon should become our top priority."

Finishing my lecture, I add, "Also, since we are no longer going through the cell door, I want to emphasize that I wish to at least examine the beast before we leave. He is sure to be a fascinating specimen."

Knowledge Religion: 1d20+7 23

Effects:

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Pharom Ashgrove

I have to admit, thst half-orc can give a speech. I'm enthralled to the point that I don't notice the flaming skull until it actually says something. All of us gawk at it before it realizes we're looking at it and sinks out of existence.

We barely have time to process that before one of the apprentices is coming, and I struggle to wrap the chain around my hand in such a way as to make it look like it is still firmly attsched to my wrist.

Slight of hand: 1d20+2 11

Unfortunatly, I notice not everyone is quite ready yet. But, I have an idea. And, anyway, I've been looking forward to this simpleton's rounds...

Dunking on scrub wizard wirh arcana: 2d20+3 32

Actually a 20, but I rolled two dice wrong.

Effects:

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Pharom Ashgrove

I have a decent enough idea what the quoggoth is, but I am not going to waste my time explaining it to that simpleton. Once he leaves, though, I start to explain it to my less well educated comrades, but surprisingly, Worm knows plenty about it. In fact, he even drops a few tidbits that I was unaware of.

It just goes to show that my instincts were correct. He might actually be the first colleague worthy of the title.

The only real mystery left is the flaming skull, which... well, what is there to say about it? It was an invisible flaming skull that was watching our struggles as if it were mere theatre. Unusual doesn't begin to describe it.

___

Once the time comes, I climbs up the hole with the others and looks around the room. There's very little that catches my eye, but I do see a chain shirt that will suffice as armor. I also grab a shortbow and quiver, mostly out of nostalgia. My mixes are sure to be more potent. Speaking of, I rummage through the pack of supplies and grimace. It's very utilitarian, but beggars, choosers, etc. I toss a few herbs in a vial and give it a stiff shake. When it turns green and fizzy, I grin.

Then, I whisper to the others, "I've got this batch of stimulants crafted and ready to go. I can make more if we need it, but they're only good on one of you a day. It's a very bad idea to use more than one in a 13 hour period, so... just don't. I'm keeping this batch on me, and I'll feed it to you if any of you get taken down. I expect you to extend the same courtesy to me."

Pharom already has his alchemists supplies, so he's mostly set. He grabs a shortbow, quiver, and the chain shirt. He puts the talbard over it, on the off chance he can bluff his way out if found. He also grabs the oil flasks and stuffs them into his pack. Can't have too much oil.

Also, he has a potion readymade and is keeping it for himself to play medic later

Effects:

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 8, 2018

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Pharom Ashgrove

Once the others start gearing up, Pharom says, "No sense leaving our mysterious friend's gifts on the the vine, as it were. If no one has any objections, I'll take the knife, the potion, and the poison."

He also hands a pair of oil flasks to Worm when asked. He says, "I had though to use them to douse the card players and then light them aflame with a touch of fire. What did you have in mind?"

While whispering with Worm, Pharom idly organizes his alchemy supplies in his pouch while waiting for the others to get in position to ambush the Archon

Grabbing the knife, potion, and poison. I'm thinking my alchemists identify ability would let me know what the poison, right?

Effects:

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 8, 2018

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Pharom Ashgrove

Pharom responds to Niashé with a shrug, saying, "That's fine. I just wanted to make sure we weren't forgetting it."

When Salvatrix questions his choice of armor, he says absently, "Who said we were learning the same things, witch?" Assuming that she's content with a mild exchange of barbs, Pharom goes back to organizing the alchemist pack to his own personal preference.

As the tiefling dashes into the room, spear at the ready, Pharom packs a powdered leaf of Firepalm into a thin vial, adds a touch of Aqua Regia, and shakes. Seeing the glass is already being eaten away from the acid, he tosses the vial at the archon and then ducks to the side of the door to give the others a clear path.

Tossing a vial of acid at the archon, rolled 4 damage on roll20. Save vs Dex 15

Effects:

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Pharom Ashgrove

Muttering mental notes to myself about the composition of the acid and celestial materials, I walk over to the remnants of the archon and pick it up for closer examinination.

While I'm looking it over I say go the others softly, "I'm headed back to the Monster's cell. A bit of acid will eat through the bars, so I'm headed back the way we came."

Pharom is going to use a few vials of acid to eat through the bars below and then go examine the Monster's cage. Once he's looked over that, hes going to examine the Archon' s corpse to make a potion.

Also, grabbing the booze to offer the monster.

Effects:

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 11, 2018

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Pharom Ashgrove

When Glenn comes back into the room, I look up from the preparation of acid and say, "Glenn, if you don't have any other ideas for the booze, I think it might be a good idea to have a token of good faith for our monstrous friend down there."

Effects:

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Pharom Ashgrove

I take the rotgut, still eyeing Glenn. He didn't look too... together when he came back, and if Glenn is anything, he's together. I'll give him a wide berth until we get out of here.

Then the crone comes and continues in her grandmothely way, rubbing my cheek for a spot caused by our unglamorous imprisonment. I frown at her continued affectation, but I do feel a bit different. As if there was something whispering in my ear such tantalizing secrets that I just barely cannot hear.

___

As we collectively realize our error in allowing Sal to leave, I let out a low sigh of annoyance. That witch probably knew she had the key we needed and took it anyway. Still, it's nothing a bit of universal solvent won't be able to remedy, if it comes to that.

I absentmindly fiddle with my pack as I examine the wards, paying special attention to the chains. They seem to be involved with the ward, as it is unlikely they would actually do much to restrain the beast.

Knowledge arcana with guidance: 1d20+1d4+7 24

Effects:

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Pharom Ashgrove

As I realize what's going on here, a small, smug grin spreads across my face. I whisper to the others, "These chains are just part of the Dimensional Anchor spell that is holding our friendly monster in this plane. A few drops of acid will break the focus and, more importantly, the ward holds no peril for us."

Effects:

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

After picking up the links of silver chain and pocketing them, I looks through the hole in the wall and into the gruesome scene waiting for us in the next room. Bodies are nothing new to me, but this... savagery is shocking. For a moment, I feel an icy hand of fear start to close around my chest, and I actually have a moment of doubt about our decision. Was this really a good idea? This creature could easily turn on us, strong arming us into doing whatever it wants...

"Grandmother promised us sweets when we get up! Come on!"

Suddenly, I feel much less concerned. I say, dryly, "Yes, we wouldn't want to disappoint Grandmother."

Once we rejoin the others, I say, looking over the fresh bodies and cowering hostages with approval, "I'm glad to see we've all kept busy." I nod towards the Quoggoth and add in a voice that's clearly humoring the old woman, "I'd hate to think we'd trouble the young master, Griswold, with more dull cleanup work."

After a moment where we catch up with each other, I point in the direction of the labratory, saying, "That laboratory... I want to investigate it. For all of his poor choices in apprentices, staffing, and overall management of the prision, the warden is a talented arcanist." I tick off each of the failing on my fingers as I speak.

I look to Niashe, adding, "Would you care to join me? I'm sure we both will find items of interest to our work. Say, a brand new set of materials and unique foci all your own, with who knows what other new toys?" Then, I look to the others, saying, "Any other takers? That mirror is certainly dangerous to leave operational, if nothing else."

Effects:
To Do List:
  • Turn pocketed Lantern Archon into a potion.
  • Investigate Warden's Laboratory
  • Enlist Worm's assistance in matters of the spirit after death
  • Escape Prison

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 15, 2018

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hrm. Egina was the only one who seems interested. And she's the one who murdered someone for suggesting she looked too elfish...

Well, I suppose it's better than nothing.

I open the trapdoor and gesture to the door and Egina, saying, "Ladies first."

No way am I going first and letting her stab me in the back.

Sneaking into Lab Tower: 1d20+2 3

Effects:
To Do List:
  • Escape Prison

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Conversation with Pharom and Egina as they move towards the lab in the secret tunnel
: Egina moved in the trapdoor, the spear in her hand. Probably for the best, she was far better at dealing with possible threats on the other end than he was. As she squeezed her way through , she figured it wwas as good a time as any to figure how useful the man would be. "So... Pharom right? You sound like you have gone through a fair amount of studies."

: Pharom follows behind, closing the door behind them. When Egina starts up a conversation on his studies, though, he says, rather proudly, "An understatement, to be sure."

: "Hmhmm... but I haven't seen you actually cast anything. Does your knowledge includes information about arcane matters? I can't help but notice that I have not seen you cast spells yet."

: His tone suddenly much more stiff, Pharom says, "I'm quite knowledgeable about Arcane. Certainly more knowledgable than any other person in this wretched prison. For instance, I am the one that identified the exact nature of the ward holding our newest friend and how to best remove it. However, my specialty is in Alchemy. Frankly, it's much more elegant than the crude manipulations of most spells."

: "Hmm.... alchemy. I can't say I know much about it besides 'making potions and weaponry'. Is Alchemy that strong? Could it counter or overpower the effects of normal magic?"

: Pharom laughs, saying, "What an interesting question. It's vague enough to be unanswerable yet pointed enough to make it clear you have something in mind."

: Not quite that foolish in his pride then. "The curse on the orcish people. Is that something your alchemy could undo, or lessen?"

: Pharom grows silent at that, mind racing through possibilities. A long moment of silence passes befire he says, cautiously, "Probably. Eventually. I'll confess it's not something I ever studied in depth, and anyway, its nature is a closely guarded secret. Supposedly, only two archmages know the details. But, it's unlikely that it has a physical focus to disrupt like the dimension bind." He then adds, mostly to himself, "Actually, for a hereditary curse like that... alchemy would make more sense than attempting a wide ranging curse. What kind of binding would you even use for that?" He continues murmuring to himself, fascinated by the puzzle he never really considered at the root of the curse.

: Some frustration that them an didn't have an answer ready, but there was hope there, and clearly an interest. She was worried he might dismiss it out of hand, as some kind of loyalty to his kind. No, this elf definitely needed to be kept alive. "Huh, I have to admit, I mostly thought of alchemy as 'where the potions and the tanglefoot bags' come from. As you can imagine, I have an interest in putting an end to that curse."

: Pharom stops his train of thought, saying, "Feh. Simple trinkets made by apprentices with no imagination. Alchemy is capable of so much more." He leans forward to whisper in the close quarters, eyes shining with mad certainty, "I have such plans for when we escape from here."

: She couldn't quite see his eyes in the cramped tunnels, but she could hear the excitement in his voice. "Ah? Do tell." She said invitingly.

: With the same unshakeable certainty, Pharom says, "I was so close to a breakthrough in my work, when the fools had me locked in this prison for 'meddling with the natural order.' I've been working on unlocking the secrets of immortality. True immortality, mind you. None of this embarrassing, undead half-life nonsense."

Pharom's tone lightens, and he says, "Honestly, it's refreshing to discuss this with someone who isn't reaching for a torch to burn the heritic for once. "

: "Hm, I don't imagine the rest of the elves would be very happy with it. They're very happy with being the long lived ones compared to the other races being mayflies; It's easy being satisfied with the natural order, if the natural order says you live for centuries ever-young. When they were getting their rear end kicked by the Dominion, they certainly were willing to interfere with that." She said. It'd be.... easier if Pharom didn't hold any attachments to his race.

"But yes, after wearing masks for a lifetime it's good to speak freely isn't it?"

: Suddenly uncomfortable, Pharom mutters, "Even elves die of old age. It doesn't make sense why they were so closed minded..."

He responds to her question, saying, "It is indeed. You have a surprisingly sharp mind about you. Much sharper than the rumors I heard about you suggested. It makes sense, of course. People mock and disparage what they do not understand."

: "What kind of rumors?" She said, her voice remaining nice and pleasant, despite feeling the 'surprisingly sharp mind' one. "And the curse doesn't take quite the same way on those of mixed blood. Do not forget, that it was us who build the engine of war that brought this continent to its knees! The tieflings might have been doing the political scheming, but it were the orc legions that forged the Dominion. Our minds were sharp as the blades we wielded! As strong as the fortresses we built!"

: Either not seeing or not caring about the offense given, Pharom is interested in the information about mixed blood' s effect on the curse, saying, "Truly? My, what an oversight. Perhaps the reason the curse is such a closely guarded secret is that it was an embarrassing, slapdash effort if it missed such an obvious edge case."

Pharom adds, as an afterthough, "Oh, the rumors? Nonsense like you murdering a conspirator or partner for suggesting you looked more elvish than orcish."

: And all of a sudden, her mood goes back to a bright one, with the suggestion that the curse was slapdash. "It was pretty much a desperate last gambit, wasn't it? If we simply add in a bit of elven blood into the orcish population and mix it, does any amount of 'impurity' release one of the curse?" She shook her head. "No, I won't accept something that takes so long as simply 'breeding out' the curse as a solution. It must be broken, shattered over the knee, rather than evaded through a loophole."

At the rumor she blinks. "Hm? Oh, I see where that came from. I don't mind people thinking of me as 'being more elven than orcish' in general. I use it to my advantage. People adore the story of a half-orc, reclaimed from orc barbarity, and raised in civilization and turning out a sweet, graceful bard. Victory of 'good' over 'evil' within one person. Exactly the kind of story they must believe to keep their kingdoms running. That I am an elf with some 'unfortunate orcish blood'. rather than an orc with elven blood. A disguise like another. Much like the name I was given was a false name the moment I realized my place in history. Still, at some point, while I was busy with some underground contacts, not so long ago, someone said it, and they meant it like an insult, and I gave him a trashing. He didn't die though."

"My elven blood is fated. It has purpose. It is something that was given to me to use for the orcish people!"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Yes... no offense to my latest acquaintance, but I've heard children of less than twenty years make more convincing lies about where the sweets disappeared to.

After a moment passes as we all look at each other, I quickly reach into my pack and fling a vial of Alchemist Fire over Egina's head and right in front of the guard and the hound.

Tossing Alchemist fire for a DC 15 save, 1d6 on both of them.

Effects:
To Do List:
  • Escape Prison

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Wrinkling my nose in disgust as I step over the hound's body, I size up Egina' s wound. It... isn't looking too good for her. Honestly, that dwarf had her dead to rights. It's lucky that he missed her heart.

Still, I have just the answer. I dig around in my satchel, saying, "I didn't gather these reagents myself, so I make no promises on the taste. However, this stimulant will take care of most of the damage." Then, I hand her a vial with a translucent, silver liquid with flecks of green and black suspended in it.

Then, I cast my eyes over the rest of the lab, scanning for anything of value before we head back.

After we grab anything that looks important, I look longingly at the lab equipment for a moment before sighing and heading back to the trapdoor.

Taking the alchemists materials, alchimst supplies, the arcane focus, the glass figurines worth 250g, the greater healing potion, and the potion of hill giant strength.

I fed Egina my alchemists healing potion, and she was healed for 6. I'll make another and give her the healinf potion from the rose.

I believe she is also taking the crossbow and bolts

Effects:
To Do List:
  • Escape Prison

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I give the tiefling a haughty look while holding the strength potion at the ready, saying, "I'm sure you'll be quite impressed."

Effects:
To Do List:
  • Escape Prison

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Wordlessly, Pharom slinks along the wall with Excellence, hoping that Egina can actually run her con this time, but he need not have worried. From the conversation being yelled across the yard, Pharom senses the sincerity of the guards' worry for the slightly more competent apprentice.

Once he reaches the door with Excelence, he smiles, taking a long swig from the Strength potion. It's bitter, a sign of both age and middling craftsmanship, but it does the job. Feeling his muscles bulge with sudden strength, he flexes a fist and smiles.

As the door cracks open and the sleep spell ensnares the guards, Pharom tosses a vial over the fallen bodies to catch one of the guards and the particularly nasty looking rottweiler in a blast of flame. He then uses his free hand to draw his club. Before, he'd taken it as a last resort, but with the burst of strength from the potion, Pharom looks into the surprised face of Trace and smiles. Yes, this would do just fine.

Effects:
To Do List:
  • Escape Prison

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jul 4, 2018

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

As Trace falls under Excellence's blade, I stride over the corpse, and feeling the rush of strength coursing through my body, I rear back and send the shield flying across the room with a kick.

Giddy with the rush of success and strength, Pharom grins at the other villains in the room, before saying Rayza, "I'd just surrender if I were you. You're vastly outnumbered. Not to mention outclassed."

Kicking in the shield door: 1d20+5 25

Effects:
To Do List:
  • Escape Prison

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

HP: 9/9 (4 Temp HP) AC: 15 Villain Points: 5/5 HD: 1/1 d8

Pharom's eyes go wide as he quickly realizes what the insolent little half elf has in mind, and he leaps a pace back as the pulse of force sharply expands and recedes. That, too, works out for Pharom, as he's flattened against the stone wall and avoids most of the lightning blast. Still, Pharom's lost all his good humor, and he strides forward, taking the the club in both hands as he savagely swings at the dragonborn's maw. As he feels the club connect with flesh and scale, he spits out, "Facing forwards, backwards, it doesn't matter. You're still going to die."

Save vs bomb: 1d20+2 18
Save vs Breath: 1d20+2 18

Pharom saves on both effects and only takes 1 damage

Pharom goes Clubbing (with flanking advantage): 2#1d20+7 9 15 1d6+5 6

Pharom also hits the dragonborn for 6 damage

Effects:
To Do List:
  • Escape Prison
  • Kill every last one of the guards

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 4, 2018

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

HP: 8/9 AC: 15 Villain Points: 5/5 HD: 1/1 d8 Inspiration: Yes

As the shatter arrow bursts into the room, Pharom throws his arms up to shield himself from the shrapnel. He yells over the commotion at Vicenza before she falls, "All the arcane training in the world, and you can't read a scroll without stuttering. It's a miracle you manage to actually activate it! Once we get through this, I'll beat some basic Draconic into you if it kills you!"

Frustrated at the sudden change in fortunes, Pharom draws another flame vial and tosses it out the door before Egina slams it shut and bars it. He rushes past her and braces the door before saying to the others, "Get upstairs and finish them off."

Save vs Shatter Arrow: 1d20+2 12
Knocks off the last of my temp HP and I take one to my real HP. Also, going to use Curses!

Dexterity Saves vs. Acid: 2#1d20+1 15 14
Got a doggo, but not a guard with my flame vial.

Also moving to brace the door.

Effects:
To Do List:
  • Escape Prison

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jul 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

HP: 8/9 AC: 15 Villain Points: 5/5 HD: 1/1 d8 Inspiration: Yes

Thrown back in surprise when the barbarian slams through the door, Pharom catches his feet underneath himself and readies the club. Egina takes yet another blow from the guards, but thankfully, she remembers the potion Pharom so generously gave her earlier in their escape attempt.

Then, as Exelence berates him for not supporting her in a foolish charge, he strikes. Forgoing all attempts at subtlety, Pharom raises the club over his head and brings it crashing down on the brute with all his unnatural, alchemic strength. After it connects with the barbarian, Pharom leaps back and blusters, saying, "How's that for "basic competence," child?"

Pharom goes Clubbing: This Time it's Personal: 1d20+7 27 1d6+5 10
Pharom goes Clubbing: This Time it's Personal (Crit): 1d6 4

Pharom deals 14 damage with his club (:toughguy:) and has immunity to taunts from ungrateful tieflings for a round.

Effects:
To Do List:
  • Escape Prison

• Locked thread