Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

So Andrea Lee's husband is not a racist but does not want to get his swastika or SS bolts removed because "It will make him look more redneck"

Story checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I think there's a decent value in Yoel as a 2:1 underdog coming off an insane KO victory while Whittaker has been off forever and just had his knees repaired.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I don't want anyone to see how bad I am in practice, but don't worry guys, my anxiety will go away when hundreds of thousands of people are watching.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

I would compare him to a kiss from a rose on the gray, someone who remains the light on the dark side of me, but did you know that when it snows, his eyes become wide and the light that you shine can be seen

The more I get of him the stranger it feels

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Diet and water intake doesn't help someone drop 25 lbs in 5 days

Ummm....Yes it does. In fact there's even a documented article about it:

https://tim.blog/2013/05/06/how-to-cut-weight-ufc/

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Bobby said after the Rockhold/Romero fight that he wouldn't fight Romero if he missed weight, but his manager is now saying that he's willing to do it and won't even set a limit on where Romero can weigh on the day.

Hard to turn down hundreds of thousands of dollars after you just prepared 8+ weeks for a fight.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

You're wondering how THIS guy hurts himself?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbns6FWKohw

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Yoel is apparently going to sue the Illinois Athletic Commission

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

zerozerozero posted:

They should have made Punk fight some other 40-something pro wrestler that just started training too, that way two pro wrestlers can get made fun of (I don't like pro wrestling).

He's been "training" for over 6 years.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Six years, six loving years should get you at least proficient enough at fighting to not look like you wandered in off the streets, drunk, and strapped on a pair of gloves.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I really want Conor to give Colby a "Who Da Fuq"

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Waroduce posted:

I have done bjj intermittently for about 6 months. I have a very solid armbar and I can do the bendy arm thing from side control and I believe I could beat CM Punk

No you don't and no you can't.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

The UFC routinely overstates the amount of buys their PPV cards do by something in excess of six figures anyways.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

can you talk a little more about this or is it just anecdotal or what, i havent seen many PPV numbers in a bit

Someone is gonna give me poo poo for my "I know a guy" speech but, a friend used to be a financial analyst for the UFC and dished me all the dirt on the shady poo poo that went down there.

There was no way to fact check if they did any PPV buys so if the UFC said they did 500k, they did 500k. I'm sure WME did their due diligence but I was told there's a ton of creative paperwork.

<Eddie Bravo> Look into it </Eddie Bravo>

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Till allegedly hosed up Wonderboy's MCL
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/...-illegal-strike

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Charles Gnarwin posted:

As is, the only current strikes that are banned can either cause paralysis or death or are considered cheating.

Which category, exactly, do 12 to 6 elbows fall under?

Also, you can kick someone in the loving head. Pretty sure that has the ability to cause paralysis or death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I'm gonna go ahead and say that's a high estimate.

• Locked thread