Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Liquid Communism posted:

Jesus, he looks like a walking corpse. I mean, I get cutting, but look at his arms. There's nothing there to cut -from-.

Its a bit of an optical illusion because if you look closely you will see that both of his arms are partially obscured behind his coaches. Its just weird because both arms are obscured the exact same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I feel kinda bad for CM Punk because if you were doing mid-life crisis MMA at some gym and the UFC offered you a bunch of money to main event a card it would be hard to turn it down no matter how unqualified for it you are

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Man the modern nature of weight classes is such dumb trash

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kaddish posted:

How so? Do you mean the gap between classes in MMA?

Nah just that modern medicine has gotten us to the point a fighter can weigh in over 20% less than he actually fights at, which has caused this arms race of dudes trying to get into lighter and lighter weight classes for their frames since it's a huge advantage.

Like he didn't fail to make 185 because he was fat or lazy, he failed because he had no business trying to force himself down that low

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

kimbo305 posted:

If it's allowed, it's part of the sport.

Well yeah that's why I said it's an arms race

As long as your opponent can do it you would be stupid not to also do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Weight cutting doesn’t require any modern science or medicine, it’s all about diet and water intake.

Diet and water intake doesn't help someone drop 25 lbs in 5 days

• Locked thread