Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi the man formerly known as Unfunny Poster here, don't forget to check out the Dana White Contender Series thread, Season 2 is starting next week on June 12th.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859059

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am shocked people actually cared about CM Punk beyond "lol wtf?"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So he was the Colby Covington of WWE?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm so happy to see bonafide morons arguing that USADA is a method by which the US Government is trying to keep marijuana down in some Metal Gear Solid-esque master plot.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There are some Eddie Bravo levels of stupid being argued by the pro-weed side of this whole thing. LMAO.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Helwani left MMA Fighting? Any stated reason?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

e: Oh, he's a Lloyd Irvin guy. Grozz.

I knew so many Lloyd Irvin guys when that stuff went down thanks to being relatively close to Baltimore. A lot of apologists were outed on my Facebook feed as a result.

One of my buddies from college trained with Danny Ives' team during the school breaks. Is Danny still a Lloyd guy or did he sever ties as well?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rigel posted:

I'm pretty surprised by this decision. I thought it would be easy to call them independant contractors and tell Leslie Smith to hit the bricks. I have nothing against her, but I didn't think she would win, and she still hasn't yet.

If after whatever happens from here all the various boards and courts eventually say that its final that UFC fighters are employees, then its hard to say what that'll mean for the sport of MMA, but that would be very, very bad for WME.

Is it because they still have debt from the purchase they can't pay off?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rigel posted:

No, thats a sunk cost. It would be because the value of the UFC where their roster are all employees would be quite a bit less than the value of the roster where everyone is an independent contractor.

I was being facetious because everyone has kept harping that WME are in big trouble every other PPV if it doesn't get millions of buys.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

woozy pawsies posted:

why are people getting mad at jokes? yall are weird

Because people don't know what fun is anymore.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

Memento said he won't be making the thread this month, so somebody else will have to step up.

I can take a whack at it tonight my time.

Throw titles out as I am stumped atm.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
OK I got a bit of the July stuff typed up and figure out and typed up. Can throw a thread out pretty soon.

Edit - Just need to do the June recap and it's done.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New thread is up - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862000

I also hosed up the title so Jerusalem could you help fix that to read "UFC July - Dad Bod vs. The Cleveland Clod" and the icon?

I'm a moron :cripes:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 2, 2018

• Locked thread