Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
ZHOELLL LEARN... FROM EEEEEBERRY MEEEENIT AB DE LESHT FAIGHT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Snowman_McK posted:

Chael's annoying because even though you know he's insane, he's good at articulating his points and it ends being hard to disagree with his reasoning.

This is only true if you are stupid

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Bluedeanie posted:

I would compare him to a kiss from a rose on the gray, someone who remains the light on the dark side of me, but did you know that when it snows, his eyes become wide and the light that you shine can be seen

flawless

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm fuckin confused who's fighting who.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Is that top to bottom? Left to right? Is Matt serra fighting Derrick king or din Thomas? Or is Dana white fighting Maria starr?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Stealth Tiger posted:

Not for anything Punk has banged Maria and AJ Lee so he absolutely deserves the nickname chick magnet lol. Like, it is the one thing we can't make fun of him for.

Do you think the cm nickname hurt or helped

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 8, 2018

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I can't figure out why the odds on RDA Covington are so tight

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
He coulda shaved his beard and his rear end in a top hat and been a world champ

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

kimbo305 posted:

If it's allowed, it's part of the sport.

Nobody's disputing either of those things we are commenting on the results

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
We very nearly got a card with no gently caress ups!

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Rigel posted:

Most of us don't have any problem with Khabib getting the belt at all because its more or less universally agreed that he was the top contender. The people saying that Iaquinta "exposed" him are morons who took Joe Rogan's call too seriously.

i've never seen a fighter with that many 10-8 rounds get called out as being 'exposed' from a ifght before

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Robert Whitaker folks

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
this nauseating poo poo about Greg Hardys Second Chance has to loving end. What second chance? He's still on his first chance. He never experienced a single consequence for his actions. It's not like he was ever punished. "I'm here because Dana white is an angel." nonsense. you're here because Dana would literally step over the body of your girlfriend to get you a loving UFC contract.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Can't wait for Austen Lanes second chance. Everyone gets one right?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
On one hand it's insane that this serial abuser of women who was arrested for cocaine 18 months ago has a UFC contract, on the other hand Cyborg finally has a legit title challenger now so :shrug:

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Bluedeanie posted:

youre the member of the studio audience who screams with laughter every time steve urkel says "did I do that" arent you

We all just want Colby to be memetically embarrassed in a way that does not raise his stock or visibility

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
he's not a journeyman and he didn't get a win. you fell in love with old.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
If you are at all aware of how to pummel inside a clinch you probably could have beaten punk that night

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
middleweight is amazing right now. the former champ and the guy he beat are both no longer in the game and the top contender beat five guys and then hosed off to Bellator. We are gonna see Kelvin Gastelum fight for the middleweight title. he will knock out Whitaker then be dethroned by tyron after Colby grinds him out 3-2

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Hey I just need to remind you that jon Jones used steroids and Daniel Cormier is the greatest lhw of all time, and if he beats stipe in a COUPLE AEEKS he's the goat. Good morning

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
im excited to see how Holloway and Ortega game planned for each other. they do cool stuff for specific opponents and that, Joe, may be the key to victory be.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
if we didn't have the reebok deal we'd be be able to identify all this -povs and -skis by the supplements on their shorts. ufc can't stop getting in their own way

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
i train high 100% of the time because it makes me forget that I am gay and want to kiss my sparring partner

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Look buddy if you've got allergies maybe you don't belong at the highest level of competition.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
What is that video from? It's very distracingly edited, almost looks fake

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Marching Powder posted:

gaethje is such a magnet for classic fights i sort of wish he won at least one of the significant fights he's had. his career is already basically over and i want his impending rapid mental deterioration to have meant more than 'was pretty good in the ufc'.

He won the mj fight and it seemed significant at the time

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm watching the Ariel and Chael show on ESPN+. I like it. They mentioned usadas contract with the ufc expires in a couple years and speculated on if they'd renew the contract which I think is a good question. I can see Dana saying "look these guys came in and they did their job. They cleaned up the sport and got the cheaters out but..." and replacing it with nothing.

FWIW I think Ariel is an poo poo stirring asswipe but in a one on one format with Chael like this. he does whine a few times but it's timed so it never gets too bad

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jun 28, 2018

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I think Rose is in trouble if they pitch Andrade to her. Kk might be a better matchup with roses improved striking but it's kinda tough to see her winning either of those fights.

It was also very tough to see her beating JJ and here we are so who knows

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Stipe has not been out wrestled ever to my knowledge. He's just a lot bigger than DC. Stipe isn't Josh Barnett. Stipe by KO.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
A lhw tournament would be hilarious. Everyone not the champ and gus can lose to anyone else on a given night it would be pretty chaotic

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Jon Jones talk belongs in the b league thread where we discuss fighters who use steroids. Thanks.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Rigel posted:

I'm pretty surprised by this decision. I thought it would be easy to call them independant contractors and tell Leslie Smith to hit the bricks. I have nothing against her, but I didn't think she would win, and she still hasn't yet.

If after whatever happens from here all the various boards and courts eventually say that its final that UFC fighters are employees, then its hard to say what that'll mean for the sport of MMA, but that would be very, very bad for WME.

It seems like such a thing would be completely impossible with the way the courts have been spraying poo poo all over every type of labor movement. Bad timing

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Imagine probating someone because they talked back to you

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
you need to buy a Razer posting keyboard. practice your japes per minute and for god's sake, whatever you do, don't post about fights in the UFC thread.

is brian ortega vs max holloway the perfect matchup? I feel like Max's top game is really good and he won't be scared to go to the ground with Ortega. both have insane cardio, both are really good from the outside. Max brings pressure and mobility but brian has proven himself to be adept at catching pressure fighters slipping and has a really crazy ability to pull eleventh hour poo poo out of his beautiful rear end. i remember watching him fight clay guida thinking he was gonna lose by decision and then Ortega fed him a knee and that was all she wrote. ortega's ability to finish you from just anywhere is hard to think of any parallels for.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Who we got with ngannou vs Lewis? I really hope Lewis wins cuz I want to see him fight for the title. but I can see him getting cracked by ngannou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
With two of the big fights being heavyweight and max and Brian never having a history of missing weight (though both have tough cuts) I'm actually somewhat optimistic. although i understand it's hope that makes you sad.

• Locked thread