Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Bring back IVs too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

mewse posted:

I keep thinking about how the UFC are putting two 0-1 guys on their main card and how absurd it is

Someone’s 0 has got to go! Only on ppv

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

CommonShore posted:

The worst fighter ever in the UFC is that girl who came in with something like a 9-0 (9 kos) record and then went 0-3 UFC and then like 0-4 invicta, and then it turned out that her 9 wins were all in that sketchy California promotion that pays literal homeless people to get beaten up to pad fighters' records.

xplode fight series was great

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

I.N.R.I posted:

yoels pretty short for 205... well, he could probably do it anyway. kinda wanna seem him fight cormier

Dad bod Daniel would do horrible things to Yoel.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Soothing Vapors posted:

Dana is extremely mad about Mike Jackson

https://streamable.com/iseok

An 0-1 fighter looked bad I’m shocked. Did he want punk to die in the cage or something?

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

STONE COLD 64 posted:

mike jackson refused to finish punk when he had plenty of opportunity and clearly the skill to.

He probably could have. Sometimes guys get cautious when they have their opponent in trouble. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had no idea what to do on the ground either. He was never going to fight in the UFC again anyways.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

sportsgenius86 posted:

Greg Hardy is now a UFC fighter

he's probably 3 KO victories away from a HW title shot

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

david carmichael posted:

I personally think what would help the ufc's ppv business is puttimg on good fights instead of the bad ones

not having a ufc event every 3 days would be nice too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

1st AD posted:

Huge PPVs are very important because there is an enormous debt WME has to pay down and they purchased the UFC with the expectation that they’d do several million buy PPVs a year, and then every PPV star went away.

The ESPN+ deal pretty much bailed them out for the next five years. It wasn't the $400 million per year they were hoping for, but $300 million was a gift considering how bad the Fox ratings have gotten. I can't believe ESPN would pay that much and not want the right to hand pick a few fighters for a couple of their shows each year. I also agree there are too many events, but there's going to be more once the ESPN deal starts.

• Locked thread