Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

The plot description and general tension between taking the easy way and saving people sounded more Pathologic to me than Dark Souls. Is it like that? Because I would love a slightly less janky Pathologic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Why does the hospital have five doctors, three nurses, and six patients.

Pembroke offers a higher standard of patient care during a zombie flu outbreak than most American hospitals in 2018. Also, for the same reason, I had a hard time getting as upset as I think the game developers wanted me to at that nurse and the ambulance driver charging people money to get a bed in the hospital. What they wanted to present as unscrupulous people taking advantage of an emergency to extort money from desperate people is just sort of how our medical system works here.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

At least for a few of those it makes sense that killing them would destabilize things even though they're arguably bad for the community. The hospital is presented in-world as being supremely understaffed, so killing off its only ambulance driver and a third of its nursing staff is going to result in fewer people getting medical treatment during a horrible pandemic. The Wet Boot Boys are obviously bad, but they're also the only thing keeping the docks from being overrun by skalds. etc. etc. I think during normal times eating many of the characters you meet would be an unmitigated good for the community, but this is a city that's barely holding together during an apocalyptic plague so it kinda needs every healthy person it can get.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

I specced for blood drain and healing and I feel like I never need to use serums because I can just land a few hits to fill my blood bar, do my Legacy of Kane bloodsteal move, and then heal myself. I'm only in Chapter 3 though so maybe it gets harder later and I'll need them.

• Locked thread