Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sister Margurtie

My two companions seem like more natural choices for dogs, which is for the best. I know that I belong here, but I don't want to have to prove it to every town this side of the Appalachians. Despite what one might think, I feel like I've got more in common with Brother Braxton, as we're both not born into the Faith. Sister Mercy's a bit more rough and tumble than myself, but not as much as I expected. After all, everyone heard about the demon she exorcised.

_____

When we reach town, I don't say anything directly about the tension I see, but it seems related to Sister Anne. It all seems related to Sister Anne, actualy. I'm sure the others have caught that as well.

I respond to Sister Anne's request, saying, "I'd love to come by and catch up. But first, we need to meet with the Steward and see what we can do for the branch while we're here. Work before pleasure, and such. I'll be sure to drop by in just a tick, though!"

Gonna take a free d6 relationship with my aunt, since she's family.

Also, do we have mail to deliver?

Player: Capfalcon

Name: Sister Marguerite

Background: Strong History

Stats:
Acuity: 5d6
Body: 2d6
Heart: 4d6
Will: 3d6

Traits:
I have learned to ride the hard way: 1d6
I know how things are back East 1d6
I am a Dog, whether you think so or not. 2d6
I have learned how to keep house 2d8
I have a sympathetic ear: 2d8
...But I know when I’m being lied to. 1d10
I have read more books than are in most any town: 2d10

Relationships:
Brother Nathan, the Steward from my new home 1d4
Sister Hannah, a Dog I showed up during training 1d4
Aunt Anne. 1d6
Jenny, my Sister from back East 1d8
Extra Dice: 3d6, 2d8

Belongings:
My Father’s handgun, which he never fired 2d6+1d4
Peach, my unruly horse 2d6
A small satchel of books 1d8
My Coat, a quilted patchwork of flowers and fruits,
with embroidered vines running along the seams. 2d6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sister Marguerite

I say, "Well, it looks like Sister Mercy has a bit of work to do, but the good Brother will be joining us."

I say it with a smile, but I'm already troubled by the idea that a problem in a branch could be caused by family here. I offer up a quiet prayer to the King of Life that the problems here be simple and clean.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sister Marguerite

Sister Marguerite lets out a long breath when thr Steward relays his story. This is already a big 2 problem, but I believe that the King of Life wants us to come to a peaceful end.

I say, 'Well, looks like I'll be taking that trip tonight. If I id can get her by herself she'll be open , she'll tell me why the Good brother is misbehaving so barly."/

There are a few packages containing belated gifts for newlyweds, but its mostly letters.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sister Marguerite

When I see Sister Mercy being carried by a slip of a girl, I run over and take Sister Mercy's other shoulder. I say "Let's get her inside."

Gently placing her on the ground, I say "Don't worry, Sister. I don't believe the King is calling you home just yet."

Glancing up to the girl, I whisper, "Get some bandages and clean water.'

While she's busy, I apply pressure to the wound,

@Capfalcon: 9d6 = (6+3+3+4+2+5+6+1+6) = 36
@Capfalcon: 2d6 = (6+2) = 8

6+6=12

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 22, 2018

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sister Marguerite

Blood stains my hands, and I realize that I might not be able to save her. She's fading so fast...

Maybe I'm not really cut out for this life.

I shake myself out of it and focus. I'm a Dog, and I've read what to do in a situation like this. Elevate the wound and keep the victim from going into shock.

@Capfalcon: 9d6 = (6+3+3+4+2+5+6+1+6) = 36
@Capfalcon: 2d6 = (6+2) = 8
@Capfalcon: 2d10 Book Learning = (8+7) = 15

Taking the blow with three dice
8+7+2=17

Raising with 6+6

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 22, 2018

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sister Marguerite

As I tie off the last bandage, I lean back and let out a sigh of relief. I'll have to wash up before I go calling on anyone, but I can see Sister Mercy's eyes begin to flutter open.

Looking over to the scared girl, I say, gently, "So, could you tell me what happened? It must have been something mighty awful to put you both in such a state."

@Capfalcon: 3d4 fallout = (1+1+2) = 4
Gaining a 1d4 "Not sure I'm cut put for this work" trait for the next scene from my 3 fallout.
Also, rolled a 1 on fallout, so I'm creating a 1d6 relationship with Sister Mercy.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 23, 2018

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sister Marguerite

I lean away from Sister Abigail, my gaze turning hard and searching. I look down at Sister Mercy and the large, long cuts. I say, "Did... you attack her? With... what? A knife?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sister Marguerite

My eyes go wide, and I rise to my feet over the girl. Incredulous, I'm stuck parroting her words, saying, "You... didn't mean to hurt her this badly?" I shake my head, finally realizing how bad things are in this branch.

I look back down at Sister Mercy and say, "We need to get her to a bed." Without looking up, I add to Sister Abigail, "And you aren't to leave my sight. Understand?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sister Marguerite

Sitting by her bed, I squeeze Sister Mercy's hand, and I say, a little stiffly, "I promise we'll hear you out, Sister. When did this all start?"

As we wait for Sister Abigail to speak, I look to Sister Mercy, thankful that she seems to be not much worse for wear, but I'm feeling a bit more pessimistic than her at the moment. Sister Abigail attacked a Dog and just confessed she killed someone. There isn't going to be a simple solution that puts everything back to rights. From how things sounded from the Steward, there were already some folks with handing out False Doctrine, and now that blood had been spilled...

Still, best to listen.

For now.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sister Marguerite
I suck in a breath through my teeth. I suppose it could be worse, but things have already gone way off the rails here.

Focused on keeping my tone even, I say, "Thank you, Sister. We'll... well, we need to go talk to the Deputy. Feel up to that, Sister Mercy?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sister Marguerite

I shake my head as I think. Feeling exhausted this early in the morning isn't a good sign, and the day's likely to just get worse.

I say to Sister Abigail, "What do you think the King wants you to say to the others?"

Come on, Sister. Prove to me you're not all gone.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sister Marguerite

Disappointed, Sister Abigail shakes her head and says, "No, that's not it. Best you just stay here and let us see what else is going on here."

"Ready to go, Sister Mercy?"

Once we're outside, I say in a cautious tone, "So, how are things looking from your view, Sister?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sister Marguerite

I nod, grateful we're on the same page.

I say, "I know. It'd be nice to just think people would forgive and forget, but... well... she's a murderer. How's she ever gonna make that up?" While we're talking, I point over to the Deputy's house, adding, "Make our way thataways?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sister Marguerite

I nod my head at Sister. She's still not in great shape, so I take the lead, saying, "Well, we know you're a busy man, but we've come a long ways to talk to the people in this Branch. Would you mind if we spoke with you as you walked? We figure an important person like yourself could make it clear what what's going on."

Starting a conflict to get him to stay and tell us what's going on in town. Heart + Will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Sister Marguerite

I nod, saying, "Sounds like something Dogs should help with to me. Let's go, Sister."

As we're walking, I say, "So, tell me about the murder. Do you have any suspects? You know, people with grudges. And how'd he die?"

I know the true answer to both questions, of course, but I'm curious what he thinks.

• Locked thread