Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Now this trial can finally go to sleep *puts on sunglasses*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Someone had to edit all of those CM Punk rear end clips into a video for nothing.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

At least we have it on official record that Corporate Kane illegally interfered in the '14 Rumble.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sounds like Amann isn't paying Punk's legal fees, so a bunch of his time and money was successfully wasted I guess?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least Punk got one win this week

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
best in the world

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Tweets shown to jury:

“#FireDrAmann” from Mike Litoris

Closing arguments of CM Punk’s attorney

“What is your reputation worth to the Mike Litorises of the world?”

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

VJeff posted:

Sounds like Amann isn't paying Punk's legal fees, so a bunch of his time and money was successfully wasted I guess?

Good, he's a liar who lies about his butt lumps and should be penalized for that.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/WZRebel/status/1004104023165857801

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

VJeff posted:

that was wwes goal, yeah

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

VJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/WZRebel/status/1004103548701986818
yes he is

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Crying Man Punk

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Complete MLiar Punk

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Amann went to trial for a case to prove his reputation was besmirched, lost, and ended up besmirching it himself when he admitted he violated HIPAA during the trial

what a legend

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
compensated monetarily punk

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Baron Corbin posted:

compensated monetarily punk

well done

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

That doesn't mean they're not paying their legal fees; that just means they don't owe Amann anything.

The general rule in American law is that each side pays its own costs unless the judge/jury specifically awards court costs and attorneys' fees as a sanction, or the contract or statute in question explicitly awards court costs and attorneys' fees. I don't know Illinois law at all, so I can't speak to the specifics here, but unless there's something special about the case Punk and Cabana are paying their own attorneys still.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Vince will still get his revenge by having Brock hold the title for another week.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Amann went to trial for a case to prove his reputation was besmirched, lost, and ended up besmirching it himself when he admitted he violated HIPAA during the trial

what a legend

There's an amazing self-own by Amann. Went to trial, admitted to violating HIPAA and also admitted that he has suffered no damage at all beyond some people being mean on Twitter.

There was so much talk of how Amann must have proof that Punk was lying otherwise it was never going to go to court and instead...not a loving thing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Colt already has a shirt up celebrating getting away with it https://www.prowrestlingtees.com/scott-free.html

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Lid posted:

“What is your reputation worth to the Mike Litorises of the world?”

Whatever Punk paid for that attorney wasn't enough to get him to say that with a straight face.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I hope Amann has the AMA on his rear end for the meds without prescriptions and the HIPAA violation because he'll literally only have himself to blame, but I doubt it'll happen.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Everyone looks like an idiot, honestly. Punk lied about his staph and poo poo, and Amann seems like a petty jerk mad about people calling him names.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Amann’s case was so lovely I feel like WWE forced him to do this.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Glad they won mostly for Cabana, I've heard him on other podcasts like Doug Loves Movies talking about the lawsuit a bit and it just sounds like it was a gigantic financial and general life-stress hassle for him for a long time, glad he can finally put it behind him.

I like Punk plenty too, but he could at least potentially absorb a big lawsuit loss where Cabana would have been screwed.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

sportsgenius86 posted:

Amann’s case was so lovely I feel like WWE forced him to do this.

Based on how bad he made himself look on the stand, he probably thought it was a great idea.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Also I hope that Litoris stuff is true because drat that is some effective lawyering there if that was what a lot of Amann's case was built on.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

i want to know what Mike Clitoris's twitter handle is so i can congratulate him

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Abroham Lincoln posted:

what a legend

Nothing good ever comes out of

"Dude, let it go"

'NO, ITS THE PRINCIPLE OF THE MATTER'

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

VJeff posted:

I hope Amann has the AMA on his rear end for the meds without prescriptions and the HIPAA violation because he'll literally only have himself to blame, but I doubt it'll happen.

How hard would it be for the WWE to get a new doctor who can hand out clean steroids like candy and treat snapped necks and knees? That probably determines whether or not Amann escapes this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NowonSA posted:

Glad they won mostly for Cabana, I've heard him on other podcasts like Doug Loves Movies talking about the lawsuit a bit and it just sounds like it was a gigantic financial and general life-stress hassle for him for a long time, glad he can finally put it behind him.

I like Punk plenty too, but he could at least potentially absorb a big lawsuit loss where Cabana would have been screwed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhF_v7SFD2k

Cabana sounds tangibly relieved. Good for him.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

"I, as a professional journalist, will shoot this in portrait"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DrVenkman posted:

There's an amazing self-own by Amann. Went to trial, admitted to violating HIPAA and also admitted that he has suffered no damage at all beyond some people being mean on Twitter.

Plus he wanted 4 million dollars, ahaha.

If Punk has to pay his own legal fees then this is a win for WWE, unfortunately, since their only interest was to screw him over some more and drain him of money.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Plus he wanted 4 million dollars, ahaha.

If Punk has to pay his own legal fees then this is a win for WWE, unfortunately, since their only interest was to screw him over some more and drain him of money.

If everyone who ever felt slighted by a podcast could ask for $1 per download, I think every movie and serial killer and political and videogame podcast would be in a lot of trouble. It's surprising that Punks lawyers never went that route.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It sounds like Punk was not lying about the staph, rather he heard from Duffy “could be staph, probably a cyst” and thought the worst, just like every human does when they hear something like that about their health

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

So, what exactly was he lying about?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Punk lied, staphylococcus died

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Vandar posted:

when he punksplained his knuckles to a cop

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vandar posted:

He exaggerated his story but it seems it was mostly true, and more importantly than that Doc Amann basically shot himself in the foot in regards to the damages he was claiming to have suffered. After saying under oath that his employment hadn't changed and nobody at his work treated him any differently, he was suddenly claiming 4 million dollars in damages?

I really do think WWE never thought Punk would hold out and actually have the trial, instead of just settling with Amann.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
CM Punk better than the WWE, even in 2018

His lawyer with that closing statement dunked harder than a tv lawyer would, jesus christ

• Locked thread