Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

hopterque posted:

dont get me wrong i yelled extremely loudly and so did everyone else in my neighborhood but still what a loving rough game
Yeah, I get what you're saying and trying to make a point that if you're not seeing all the problems, you're blinded by alcohol/patriotic fervor/stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
That game probably cost me a year or two of my life, but quite an enjoyable game to watch - like most games this world cup so far.

Edit: And our group is crazy and more or less everything is still possible.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Big Hoff knew

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nervous finish. Germany needs to finds it's 11 , last WC's poo poo isn't working.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Man, I feel bad for Rudy, he broke his dang nose.

Also, same.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/KltCf9l.mp4

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

Nervous finish. Germany needs to finds it's 11 , last WC's poo poo isn't working.

I posted it, OP

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

frankenfreak posted:

Yeah, I get what you're saying and trying to make a point that if you're not seeing all the problems, you're blinded by alcohol/patriotic fervor/stupidity.

A solid point, but have you considered this:

frankenfreak posted:

Counterpoint: *pulls mic really close* SCHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!111

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

NATIONALITY HEDGE BET

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Every time someone passed to Rüdiger I got a minor heartattack, but aside from that everything is fine.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

The world owes Germany an apology for the two World Wars that they get shamed for being the aggressors that we’re trying to take over the world. I have investigated the matter deeply for years and came to the conclusion a long time ago that it’s not the case. The Media and the History makers will never tell you the whole truth and so for this I hope the German people Celebrate and express their pride for their country and culture openly and joyfully . It seems like football/soccer is the only thing they have left where they can celebrate openly. This is not racist or Nazi related. I am Mexican American and was hoping that they would tie, but after a few minutes of my heart palpitations from the intensity is that I decided to congratulate them with respect. I don’t care about fake internet points so if you are offended because of my statements feel free to scorch me with down votes. This game was intense and loved it dearly

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

...uhhh, I mean

frankenfreak posted:

Counterpoint: *pulls mic really close* SCHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!111

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Players I don't want to be in the team anymore next World Cup: Hummels, Boateng, Khedira, Özil, Müller, Gomez. Simply because they are done, they've noticeably worsened. We need fresh blood to replace them.

There are others that don't play good football atm, but they are not Löw's favorites and guaranteed a spot.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Torrannor posted:

Players I don't want to be in the team anymore next World Cup: Hummels, Boateng, Khedira, Özil, Müller, Gomez.
33, 33, 35, 33, 32, 36

Might sort itself out, really. Probably after the Euro.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I wouldn't agree that Hummels and Boateng have become noticably worse, they and the rest of the defence are just playing insanely risky at the moment (especially Boateng yesterday) which makes them look bad more often.

In yesterday's game we were desperately chasing a goal so Hector and Kimmich got pushed up incredibly high while Kroos dropped back a little, creating kind of a back three Kroos-Rüdiger-Boateng. From this Boateng constantly bombed forward and dribbled closer to the box trying to make stuff happen. This is a position where normally a midfielder would be and where you expect some mistakes to happen every now and then but since it's the CB in there every mistake now means being exposed at the back and open to a counter.

I really, really hope that in later rounds Löw drops this ultrarisky approach and sets up the team more deep. I also hope that this was the last time we saw Draxler in the starting eleven, he didn't seem to contribute anything much and Werner was so much better on that side.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 37 minutes!

Katana Gomai posted:

The world owes Germany an apology for the two World Wars that they get shamed for being the aggressors that we’re trying to take over the world. I have investigated the matter deeply for years and came to the conclusion a long time ago that it’s not the case. The Media and the History makers will never tell you the whole truth and so for this I hope the German people Celebrate and express their pride for their country and culture openly and joyfully . It seems like football/soccer is the only thing they have left where they can celebrate openly. This is not racist or Nazi related. I am Mexican American and was hoping that they would tie, but after a few minutes of my heart palpitations from the intensity is that I decided to congratulate them with respect. I don’t care about fake internet points so if you are offended because of my statements feel free to scorch me with down votes. This game was intense and loved it dearly

hitler

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Jose posted:

hitler

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I just woke up somewhere that's not my bed, so that game must have been pretty good

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

https://twitter.com/ToniRuediger/status/1010653690573750272

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
#Hustle

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/sasa_s/status/1010863752613376000

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

wtf

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

:getout:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Unironically worrying that you're saying this to me, not Trixie :shobon:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Don't worry, it's directed at Trixie.

Can you imagine flipping out over a 6-1 victory over World Cup newcomer Panama? It's nothing compared to beating the most successful national football team 7-1 in a semifinal!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Making the Daum face, too.

Torrannor posted:

Can you imagine flipping out over a 6-1 victory over World Cup newcomer Panama? It's nothing compared to beating the most successful national football team 7-1 in a semifinal!
It's staying home.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Can someone feed this lady into that app?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Who's she?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Maybe she's not your girlfriend, but Manuel Neuer.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Lmao

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals