Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 23, 2007
I don't know that I'm sold on it just yet, but I'm interested enough to keep watching. It'll probably depend on how quickly the plot moves. If they keep Plum in the dark (or the periphery) for too long she'll end up being the least interesting part of a show ostensibly about her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 23, 2007
Anyone still watching this? I feel like the plot is actually starting to move forward now, so hopefully the next episode will be better.

Tiggum
Oct 23, 2007
I take back what I said last week, the plot's not moving at all.

Tiggum
Oct 23, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

Really? I thought this episode was amazing. The "magic trick" scene was incredibly moving, and the way the show is slowly reorienting the head of this conspiracy from Tamara Tunie to Robin Weigert (who is doing some really, really great work) was really good, clever writing. Plus the magical realism thing is really working for me, particularly those lovely trick shots that make Plum look like Godzilla at the end -- neat touch having the ceiling lights quake and wobble when she stamps.

But nothing is happening. Like, if I tried to summarise the plot so far I'd just end up describing the characters because they haven't actually done anything yet.

Tiggum
Oct 23, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

Has anything happened yet?

They still haven't got to the fireworks factory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 23, 2007
I feel like now, at the end of the season, we're at the point we should have been at by episode three or four. We've finally reached the end of act one and it did not need to take this long to get here. If there's a season two I'll probably watch it, but I hope they pick up the pace.

• Locked thread