Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Erd posted:

Edit: What is (G) on the map?

The Rim Collection, the Periphery state that never once did anything ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Stefan Amaris VI was Uncle Stevie, not El Presidente, right? Interesting that they've nominally dissolved. Wonder how the people of the NRWR are taking that, since it's not like they could let the population in on the scam or it'd get out. Glad they didn't end up getting genocided after Andurien though!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Zaodai posted:

Stefan Amaris VI was Uncle Stevie, not El Presidente, right? Interesting that they've nominally dissolved. Wonder how the people of the NRWR are taking that, since it's not like they could let the population in on the scam or it'd get out. Glad they didn't end up getting genocided after Andurien though!

Yeah, odd Amarises do the ruling, even ones are spares.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
As always I'm enjoying the fluff but sort of don't understand what's going on.

Yumi and Ian are twins and Ian rules the Fed Suns and Yumi rules the Draconis Combine. This Hiro is a younger sibling? Yumi and Ian want to sort of keep the two countries together, but Hiro and Chandresekhar really really want to combine them? How does acting out even accomplish that?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
B because I really want to see what the Capellans can do.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

The Rim Collection, the Periphery state that never once did anything ever

Important enough for a letter but too dull to even be attached as a rider to someone else's blurb. One to watch then!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I think Hiro pretending to be a bumbling 'tard is because either Chandy doesn't want him to rule or he doesn't think he'd be a better ruler than Yumi, and they know if he looks competent he'll appear as a threat to Yumi, or a better alternative to Yumi that her existing opposition will use as an excuse to murder her.

That's kind of Uncle Chandy's gimmick as it is. Be competent, but let everyone think you're a hard-partying fool so nobody will get threatened by your competence and have you killed.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Ian rules the Federated Suns, Yumi is heir to the throne of the Draconis Combine. Hiro wants to keep her in power, because DCMS hardliners probably aren't going to be able to pressure the twins into attacking each other. His being wild and uncontrollable also reduces the risk of someone assassinating Isoroku Kurita and Yumi Kurita-Davion to put Hiro on the throne of the Draconis Combine, then assassinating Ian to put Hiro (who is Ian's only heir at the moment) on the throne of the Federated Suns as well.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Voting C because the FWL should get more love, alt-timeline or not (and there's no play as Clans option).

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
B lets push the cappies so they will be forced to ally the rwr

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Voting A

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Affi posted:

B lets push the cappies so they will be forced to ally the rwr

You fool! We're going to get uber cyborged Manei Domini with actual AI riding shotgun if that happens.

On the other hand...

:fap:

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
In on the ground floor for once. Voting A.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Voting A, since I wanna see some Clan on Inner Sphere action, and it'd be a good way to highlight how far all the factions have come in terms of evening the tech gap, as well as showing us how different the two sides are in terms of combat.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

As soon as I saw Uncle Chandy mentioned, I knew Hiro was sandbagging it. And to reward him for proving me right, I give him my vote. A.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
I'll go with B just because I want to see the crazy poo poo the Capellan science teams have come up with.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Made a thing. Still working on converting the ToC from BB Code to wiki markup but I'm as far as Luthien 1 now.

https://battletechlp.wikia.com/wiki/PTN_BattleTech_LP_Wiki

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Tran posted:

I'll go with B just because I want to see the crazy poo poo the Capellan science teams have come up with.

A motivation I can sympathize with! I just didn't want to see them get their poo poo completely wrecked since they're the OpFor, so I'm hoping they'll win if we don't see them. :ssh:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Erd posted:

Edit: What is (G) on the map?
In Canon that is the Rim Collective that was formed in the early 3000s. It was formed from 6 former Rim World Republic planets that had not been absorbed by the Lyrans.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Time to Curb stomp the new SLDF like what should have happened to the old SLDF. C all the Way.

Nvm, I'm changing my vote to B, as a Texan I got to vote for space Texas.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jun 8, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I like option C.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Ground-ish floor. Let's see, I absolutely don't want C because I don't want Kerenskye strangled in the crib by goons being awesome, so which of the other two is doing better...

Ah! A it is. Perhaps a sound defeat will empower the Integrationists. :science:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
A wonderful new thread!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Okay, I've gotten up to Political Update 15 on the update wiki and I am done for a while. Anybody else who wants to chip away at it, be my guest. Link's a few posts back.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Awww hell yiss. That new thread smell.

Votin B

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Voting B. Remember the Space Alamo! Remember Space Goliad!

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Voting C because never not FWL.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

jng2058 posted:

As soon as I saw Uncle Chandy mentioned, I knew Hiro was sandbagging it. And to reward him for proving me right, I give him my vote. A.

Chandy being mentioned made him suspicious yeah. Chandrasekhar is basically Garak. Never tell the truth if a lie will do.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Voting C for some good ol' Hegemony smacking.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Oh man, looking over the post-timeskip weapon pdf, I just realized, Machine guns are actually a viable weapon now, since the Light MG has a range of 3/6/9 instead of the old range scale from the base game.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Voting A

and seconding going "hmmm" as soon as Chandy was mentioned

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Awww yeah shenanigans time.

A

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
All tempting, but I'm going A

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A Let's see the Ilkhanate in action. Also,

quote:

Hiro was uncontrollable and shortsighted, an utter and complete fool. It had been a mistake, the Imperial Court now gossiped, to let the fool Chandrasekhar Kurita see to his upbringing.

The 'Oh poo poo' moment.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I will never not want to support the Free Worlds League. Voting C.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Whats the joshitai?

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
A

Let’s see some new tech in action!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Aw yeah, ready for a whole new thread of giant stompy robot action!

Voting A for the honor of the Dragon! :black101:

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Voting B. Let's see some nuke-happy space Texans all up in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

A sounds like a good time