Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Viva Miriya posted:

Whats the joshitai?

The Weeb Samurai of the Draconis Combine were reluctant to turn in their family mechs to get New Tech, and the Combine needed both more manpower and to actually use the fancy new tech they had, so they made the Joshitai, which are all female mech units. It basically lets them expand their military and while also shaming the honorbound weebs of the standard Combine military into getting off their asses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Viva Miriya posted:

Whats the joshitai?

A group of regiments raised by Isoroku Kurita consisting entirely of noble Daughters of the Dragon. They get the NewTech first and shore up other units in lance- to company-sized independent formations rather than operating as regiment-sized units. The whole thing is a ploy to force the DCMS to recognize women as useful, and to make Yumi's ascension a little easier.

Hiro being taken into the unit is an insult no Samurai could bear.

It literally translates to "Women's Army"

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jun 8, 2018

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
A.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote: C

PoptartsNinja posted:

Brilliant twist with Hiro and Uncle Chandy; the moment you mentioned him being raised by the Buddha, I was waiting for the 'private reveal'.

Its a good thing Hiro is no 'Samurai' then, as it lets him do the things that needs to be done; can't wait for Uncle Chandy to 'retire' and make way for Uncle Hiro.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zaodai posted:

The Weeb Samurai of the Draconis Combine were reluctant to turn in their family mechs to get New Tech, and the Combine needed both more manpower and to actually use the fancy new tech they had, so they made the Joshitai, which are all female mech units. It basically lets them expand their military and while also shaming the honorbound weebs of the standard Combine military into getting off their asses.

PoptartsNinja posted:

A group of regiments raised by Isoroku Kurita consisting entirely of noble Daughters of the Dragon. They get the NewTech first and shore up other units in lance- to company-sized independent formations rather than operating as regiment-sized units. The whole thing is a ploy to force the DCMS to recognize women as useful, and to make Yumi's ascension a little easier.

Ayy loving lmao

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Zaodai posted:

Yeah, the Draconis Combine has always been paradoxically both very quick and very slow to accept new ideas and technologies when it comes to their military. In classic Btech canon, there was quite a bit of innovation of new technology on their part, with new 'Mech designs to support them... but the Samurai that made up a good deal of their ranks were notoriously picky and easily offended by even the most minor of things, leading a lot of new 'Mech designs to being shunned and reassigned to militia duty or use by the dishonored because the soldiers turned up their noses at it.

The Joshitai is PTNverse's solution to this problem. By arming their women with the best tech available and having them basically take the lead in combat, Isoroku is basically implying to the Samurai class 'See? I have been reduced to relying on women to fight for the safety of the Draconis Combine, because you keep /dragging your feet/', and that in turn has made many of the Samurai swallow their pride and accept Newtech machines, because the shame of having to stay at home while the womenfolk fight your battles for you is too great for them to bare.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

So these Joshitai are roughly equivalent to the Ghost regiments, it seems?

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
A
New thread seems the perfect time to get in on the ground floor! I'm still pretty bad but can I get added to the player list?

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

A

I have to admit, while I am semi-curious what's going on with the SLDF, that piece of fluff deserves the combat vote.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Defiance Industries posted:

So these Joshitai are roughly equivalent to the Ghost regiments, it seems?

Basically yes, except instead of pretending they don't exist (they're ghosts), they're very, very public right down to Sashimono because Isoroku wants the hardliners in the line regiments to see how much more rear end the women are kicking than they are.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Basically yes, except instead of pretending they don't exist (they're ghosts), they're very, very public right down to Sashimono because Isoroku wants the hardliners in the line regiments to see how much more rear end the women are kicking than they are.

So they have giant mech sized flags sticking out of their backs? And I might get to play one because I'm next up on the piloting list? I am so in. Voting A.

Also, ground floor for a new thread. The old thread is dead, long live the new thread!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Talow posted:

A

I have to admit, while I am semi-curious what's going on with the SLDF, that piece of fluff deserves the combat vote.

Yes. A.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

A

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

B, we keep ignoring the Taurians, they deserve a turn.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I somehow never noticed a 7 year old thread until it was in its final week before ending. Nice to get on the ground floor.

I vote for B, for a warcrime vs warcrime showdown.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Voting C, because I'm a FWL fanboy. Let's paint the map purple

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

I think I may love your Uncle Chandy more than I love canon Uncle Chandy. How did you do this?

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
I look forward to the opportunity to kill off the twins via our votes, so that Hiro might take his place as scheming bastard supreme. With optional shadowy mentor, of course.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

When they mentioned Hiro was raised by Uncle Chandy, I just knew they were pulling a Nobunaga the Fool ploy to get people to underestimate him.

On the one hand I want to see more screentime for the FWL, but on the other I also want to see Hiro's misadventures in the Monstrous Regiment Joshitai.

A

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Veryslightlymad posted:

I vote for B, for a warcrime vs warcrime showdown.

Always vote for more warcrimin

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

PTN! You glorious bastard! I read your thread and I'm going to read this one too! May it last over two thousand pages!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Wafflecopper posted:

Voting C, because I'm a FWL fanboy. Let's paint the map purple

:black101::hf::black101:

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Teledahn posted:

PTN! You magnificent bastard, I read your thread!

Speaking of, have the Rommel or Patton been given an update in this timeline?

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
C because I, too, prefer a purple shade on my map. That being said, top-rate fluff there PTN.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

It feels strange, being in such a small thread.

B Nukes for everyone!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Giving my first vote/post of the new thread to B, because what could a better start to the new thread than Space Texans?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

B Space Texas needs more screen time.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
New thread smell!

I gotta vote for A, even though punching the NuSLDF in the nose sounds fun.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
Have to go with B!

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
I am voting A on account of I want to see Hiro do his thing. Bonus points if the women get to shame the regular samurai in the process.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
My heart says A, but I think I am going to vote B to give the Taurians a little love.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

The old thread was one of the first threads I read on these forums even before I signed up, so I'm glad to be in on the ground floor of the new one.
When I read that uncle Chandy had been responsible for Hiro's education I thought at first that he had intentionally screwed him up to sour the traditionalists on him. Hiro being in on it is even better, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
A

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B Don't mess with Space Texas.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Going to have to vote C to make sure the FWL doesn't get its poo poo pushed in too hard.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
A

rarx
Jun 8, 2018
B, we've never seen the Taurians fight.

A is probably preferable, but it'll win anyway and B can have a chance later.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Voting A because I want to see how the clans play in this strange new world.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Voting C for unabashed FWL fanboyism.

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.
All sounds great, but I'll go with A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

B