Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I'll vote C, if mostly to keep the new SLDF from getting too big too fast.

Also I initially misread Yumi's brow having twitched as her brow having "touched" Hiro's when they hugged, suggesting she had immediately headbutted him for his insolence. It would have been hilarious, if out of place. Good on Uncle Chandy for teaching Hiro to be a cool guy sneakily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Stefan Amaris VI was Uncle Stevie, not El Presidente, right? Interesting that they've nominally dissolved. Wonder how the people of the NRWR are taking that, since it's not like they could let the population in on the scam or it'd get out. Glad they didn't end up getting genocided after Andurien though!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I think Hiro pretending to be a bumbling 'tard is because either Chandy doesn't want him to rule or he doesn't think he'd be a better ruler than Yumi, and they know if he looks competent he'll appear as a threat to Yumi, or a better alternative to Yumi that her existing opposition will use as an excuse to murder her.

That's kind of Uncle Chandy's gimmick as it is. Be competent, but let everyone think you're a hard-partying fool so nobody will get threatened by your competence and have you killed.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Tran posted:

I'll go with B just because I want to see the crazy poo poo the Capellan science teams have come up with.

A motivation I can sympathize with! I just didn't want to see them get their poo poo completely wrecked since they're the OpFor, so I'm hoping they'll win if we don't see them. :ssh:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Viva Miriya posted:

Whats the joshitai?

The Weeb Samurai of the Draconis Combine were reluctant to turn in their family mechs to get New Tech, and the Combine needed both more manpower and to actually use the fancy new tech they had, so they made the Joshitai, which are all female mech units. It basically lets them expand their military and while also shaming the honorbound weebs of the standard Combine military into getting off their asses.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

He'll stumble accidentally into the women's side of the hot spring spa and be mistaken for a lecherous pervert, just like my Japanese Draconis animes.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

wiegieman posted:

Chandrasekhar just told him "Look, act as much like a clanner as possible. It'll work."

I don't know that advising him to be a rapist is the best advice.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

AJ_Impy posted:

I hear you. New dawn, new factions, SLDF in Skye, Andurien a Clanhold, the Drac/Sun buffer zone, the Ilkhanate, let's have them earn our ire anew given how much they've evolved.

I could make the same case for the CapCon and their new, benevolent leader. But I fully understand people are going to hate them because of their canon and pre-time skip actions. Sun Wu Liao will have to win them over just like he would in universe, and so will the Clans.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Sports rivalry's the best way to look at the animosity, I think.

I'm with you there. I'm just saying it's not like the Clans are the only faction people have hate boner for, and asking people to suddenly not hate them just because there was a time skip isn't entirely rational in itself.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I think he's talking about the novel from the 70s.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

jng2058 posted:

When you look at the sweep of Inner Sphere history, every House had heroes and tyrants both. The only reason the Rim Worlds get such a bad rap is because they got their tyrant then were destroyed, so that's what everyone remembers. If, as in the PTNverse, they'd survived they could have rehabilitated thier image over the centuries.

And if the coup had succeeded, history would have lauded them as saviors from the tyranny of the Camerons.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I hope he had a guy cosmetically altered to look just like him so that when the NRWR re-emerges the guy can just walk out on a balcony to a cheering crowd, look at the camera and be like "You thought sending a couple guys to wade through my actual poo poo to attack me was all it would take to kill me? You suck at killing Amarises as much as that retard Kerensky!"

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

:saddowns:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

You're all real something. :argh:

I might even acknowledge you as people if you had taken the opportunity 5+ years ago, well within the scope of this LP, to apply for Cappellan citizenship. You'd be through the process and be full citizens by now!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

It just occurred to me that the fancy King Dadlas that the Demon Hawks scored in trade is obsolete tech now. Is there a NewTech variant?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Defiance Industries posted:

A Capellan bragging about citizenship feels a lot like a Federast bragging about being able to read. Everyone else can just do it without having to jump through any hoops.

Capellan citizenship brings you actual benefits, where as being a FedSuns peasant that can read just get you beaten up by the rest of the local hole diggers for being a bit of a poncy fruit.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Those poor tankers are so hosed.

[EDIT] Though it looks like they've dropped two Clanners already, so good on them. :mil101:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Clanhold lost their Jumpships which is why they haven't genocided the remnants of the NRWR.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Also we know they're ilKhanate forces from the vote, so it's gotta be one of the homeworld Clans anyway.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Rorahusky posted:

I would like to point out, those Vendettas are both Newtech vehicles, so that explains why two of the Clan 'Mechs are already /wrecked/ before you even arrived.

Which has to come as quite the shock to the Clans.

[EDIT] Especially since it's 5 Clan mechs against a pair of medium tanks with AC/5s and machine guns and the Clans were losing handily even before reinforcements showed up. :thunk:

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 14, 2018

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I think the listed exception in the PTN-verse was if your weapon has the External Magazines quirk, where it takes a turn to swap the mag.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Tran posted:

So what you're saying is, Clanners are Warhammer 40k Orks?

No, Orks can take a punch.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Plus the Clanhold clans got put in the camel clutch for awhile, so hopefully Iron Sheik Amaris made them at least a little huuuumble.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Weissritter posted:

Newtech REDACTED.

Wouldn't necessarily be surprising if it were that or fighters. I mean we've got Newtech tanks because they're easier to retrofit than mechs, so the Clans might do the same for Elementals and Aerospace (which are still mainline units but are smaller to refit).

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Run, little tankers, run. You've got a ways to go to make the safety of a map edge and they're closing fast. :ohdear:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

We had that one guy in a Hunchie IIC a few missions ago, didn't we? Had a building collapsed on him and just strolled out of the rubble slamming the Ultra mode trigger on his ACs? That guy was a pimp.

Also, can't wait to see what horrible surprise they have in store for us. :dance: Glad the Clanners didn't bother to take shots at the retreating tanks. I'm pulling for you, little tankers!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Ardlen posted:

Don't give them too much credit; there wasn't LOS, both tanks hid behind the dune.

They took out like half a Clan lance with a pair of medium tanks. They get as much credit as I can give them. :colbert:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Two of the three Clan assaults have melee weapons, and several of their omnimechs have an 'M' (for Melee) variant.

They should have had it set to W for "Wumbo". :thunk:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Most Melee focused 'Mechs carry kinetic resistant armor, which resists melee attacks. This is try to encourage melee units to bully 'Mechs that aren't built for melee rather than getting into fair duels. :haw:

Seems fair, given that most other mechs carry guns to deter being stabbed.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I mean they're already being shown up by two medium tanks, women, and (as far as they know) a lazy, incompetent frat boy noble. That's gotta sting pretty bad already for the Weeb Squad as it is.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The Society, as far as we know, is only in the Clan Homeworlds. Additionally, they would not be on good terms with the Ilkhanate and invading the IS via their space.

Well, we do know there are a couple Society scientists in the CapCon... :getin:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

God help us if they took good blesses. :gonk:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Better to be fighting Stone Lions than Stone Rhinos.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

OniPanda posted:

The tankers got to safety :neckbeard:

:bubblewoop:

We owe them whatever the local Combine equivalent of a cold beer is when we get back to base.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

That would be what the Draconis Combine calls a "cold beer."

:thunk:

I would have thought that would be too uncivilized for them. And then they'd have some random poo poo in rice paper packaging that the Coordinator swears is so much better, but it probably has butane in it because gently caress 'em.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Ah, made from Space Barley. Well that'd do it.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

vuk83 posted:

It's almost as if harebrained schemes copied mwo's designs

Or more directly, the literal models used in MWO (because they do).

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Yeah, most mechs can be made servicable by simply not having the person designing it huff glue before doing so.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

OniPanda posted:

Thanks Xabungle :jerkbag:

Thanks Xarbama. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

jng2058 posted:

I much prefer Xarb's Ostroc to the "terrible pseudo-battlepod" version that's traditional. I don't think there's any question why of all the Unseen, the Ost- series is the one no one remembers...or wants to remember.

The Ost series - Not Unseen, just Unwanted.