Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
C. The Neo-SLDF needs to be put in their place or the second Star League isn’t going to last very long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

DatonKallandor posted:

The pool(?) in the back of the house is suspiciously Mech-shaped.

I thought hiding giant robots under swimming pools would be more of a Kurita thing tbh.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Every time someone uses Wobbies to refer to the WoB I keep misreading it and wondering why we're talking about the IWW.

Speaking of which, are they even still around in BTech?

e; The latter, not the people the goons are currently fighting

Grizzwold fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 10, 2018

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

The bearcat has a hammer and sickle :ussr:

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

I assume the wobbie mechs have some sort of self-destruct built in to prevent, say, the Davion techs having a field day with that headcapped giant spider robot?

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

I guess I'm the new-new axman pilot? Time to see how much I can avoid screwing up then :v:

e; is there a basic how to robit post somewhere I can reference?

Grizzwold fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 30, 2020

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Currently considering jumping to 1820 and trying to give the Arctic Wolf a hatchet to the back. I could also take some shots at the Warwolf or its tank buddy from there. Advice?

Also can I get a link to the google doc so I'm not clogging the thread with my spitballing?

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Alright then, posting it is. Axman is going to jump to 1820, hatchet and laser at the Arctic Wolf and lob some LRMs at that tank unless anyone can think of something better for me to do.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Apparently not! :negative:

I'd be almost entirely unable to actually hit the Arctic Wolf with that plan, like 11 to hit with the hatchet and 10s for the lasers I think. I don't like having all those missiles on the flank but I'd probably better try something else. Maybe just walking to 1420 and shooting some lasers at the tank, to-hits are much better. Could run to 1721 and I think the Arctic Wolf'd still be in my firing arc, but that's still only a slight improvement to 10s and 9s to hit.

e; assuming I keep the searchlight on and pointed at the target

Grizzwold fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 2, 2020

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Good to know for the future. Orders sent.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Thoughts for this turn. I think could close to melee with the warwolf by moving to 1018 but that would leave my flank exposed to the grand kong and arctic wolf. Moving to engage them also seems risky since I'm not sure I'd have any support. Staying put seems like a good way to end up as dino chow though, so maybe going to give the warwolf a smack and lobbing some LRMs at the sarath would be the best move.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Hey PTN, in my orders I said to aim my searchlight at the warwolf, did I need to specify that I was turning it on?

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

No, I just missed it. I'll give you the option to let things stand, or reroll. Just be aware that everything that attacked you will reroll also.

Eh I'll let it stand I guess. No sense eating more potential damage than I have to.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Trying to think about where would be good for me this turn. Closing with the warwolf would give it uncomfortably good shots on me, so I think I will avoid doing that. Do I have enough MP to get to 1318 if I run? If yes I can start working on the grand kong.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Jumping right back to where I was last turn seems a bit silly but it's better than risking two LHLs at (I think) 7+s. I'd probably get swarmed by lizards at either location tbh. I won't be able to do much damage to the grand kong since it's got missile resistant armor and the only other thing I've got with range from 1420 is a small laser but I guess that's better than nothing?

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

If the HQ is sticking around then I think heading to 1118 and giving the grand kong a few good smacks is my best bet.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

YEEES

:black101:

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

Axman might want to stick to sniping with the LRMs for now. Lose that leg and you're done, so I'd see if partial cover can be as helpful to you as it was the enemy.

Seems like a good idea, is partial cover just standing behind something at a higher elevation?

Not particularly sure what I should be targeting now. Would like to help deal with the arctic wolf and sarath hassling the long range mechs before the reinforcements can get into range but not sure I can get shots.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Just so I'm clear, is the brown stuff at -1 mud or water? I don't want to accidentally immobilize myself by moving into it with an open leg. If it isn't water, I think maybe jumping to 0919 would let me get backshots on the warwolf without taking any fire from the stuff down south?

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Scintilla posted:

It's possible that I'm misremembering my firing arcs, but I think the Warwolf and Arctic Fox can hit you with their left arm / torso weapons from 0919. You'll definitely have Partial Cover from the Warwolf, but I'm not so sure about the Arctic Fox. The Battle Armour can also shoot you with their SRMs. I'm also not sure you can hit the Warwolf in the back from there - I seem to recall that the rear hit zones for Battlemechs are pretty tight.

A different plan could be to jump to 0417. That'll put you firmly out of range of everything hostile while still being able to snipe the Warwolf with LRMs. It definitely won't be backshots, but damage is damage.

As for me, I'm now considering popping MASC and running to 0518 and shooting the Warwolf. Again, it won't be backshots, but it's much safer than 1317.

My math might be off by a bit but I think my LRMs would have to hit at 11+ from 0417, and I don't have a whole lot of ammo for those.

e; forgot my jump range. nvm.

Grizzwold fucked around with this message at 02:59 on May 24, 2020

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

I'm thinking of jumping to 0615 for the partial cover and lobbing some LRMs at the Arctic but not sure if I'd have LOS (and I'm also not sure if it'd be worth it to fire indirectly). If not I could throw some lasers at the Jag or see about a different move.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

The thing I hate most about the Society right now is that they couldn't even be bothered to give their 'mechs interesting names. Why are you making giant robots at that point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

I think the cyan outline means friendlies? I don't suppose Dekker can at least tell the players what they are?