Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
B The NRWR is playing possum by reviving some old periphery states. Presumably they are still out there but don't want to muddy the picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
C Twice the toys.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
B

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
B

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
When did Panthers become Zakus?

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
The first thing that comes to mind when I hear Super Prototype that actually works is the Monitor. Almost impenetrable iron armor, a 360 degree turret, and a whole ton of tradeoffs. But nothing else would be ready in time to fight the enemy's equivalent ironclad. And the mass production model kept getting delayed due to people finding new problems to fix and safety features to add.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
B

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
1B
2A
3A
4A
5A
6B
7C
8B

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
D

My second choice is A, but I have but one vote to give for my thread.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
1A
2C
3D
4B
5B
6B

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
C

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
D

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Seems like the sort of thing the Marksman would radio to the new arrivals.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

1A
2B
3C
4C

I just really like the idea of the Federated Suns going "finally, things are a little quiet, we can see to our economic health and draw down our forces" and then suddenly the Capellans attack New Avalon - and a good thing, too, since they're suddenly losing worlds to the Word of Blake. Meanwhile the Clan ilKhanate is just going "look, we were gonna kill the Kuritans and we're still gonna kill the Kuritans, everyone else stay off our backs."

While the FWL quietly builds up...

Reinvestment, in Battletech!

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
C

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
A Transporting these folks is probably the biggest problem this plan has. Unless option C results in 3 regiments, one from each power.
B
B

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
A Deniable shock troops have always been a good time.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Really want to see a Prism Armor variant that lets folks combine their output for actual damage. But this isn't red alert.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Venom From the instant kill to the nailbiting extraction.
Jump Platoon For nearly grabbing victory from the jaws of defeat.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
A

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
C

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Now to review my old emails so I don't make the old mistake of incompletely labeling orders.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Not in decent range of either this turn, but I would like to challenge either the Cross Dog or Tepegoz. I think endurance armor will hold up well against ATMs.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Okay, I am pretty sure I have a shot on the Tepegoz now. Or at least an invocation of the 50-50 LOS rule from hex 2822. And all it might cost is my supercharger.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Makes it a lot easier to plan turns anyway. Planning on hoofing it to 2015 for a classic backstab. Apologies for the bump Pattonesque.

Edit: Almost classic: actually a torso twist too far to bring everything to bear.

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Sep 6, 2021

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Going to note that I lack good battlearmor weapons, and that hex 1616 might see a practically air mobile assault next turn.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Never going to be a good time to shoot the enemy fast movers. But I am going to try anyway. I am not well equipped for clearing elementals off of other mechs anyway.

Also: drat, never thought that would be a headshot.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
The Bruin isn't a great matchup for me, but I'll move south to hit them anyway. Darn Kinetic Resistant Armor.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Lancer ahoy! The only question is what level the lancers are at. LL0 Generics, LL2 Custom Mechs, or the experimental play as grunt rules?

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

dis astranagant posted:

So, do I plink the primary on 11s or attempt to delete one of the provoking armor jerks on 7s?

Go for the Provokers. Getting our newest opponents outside of the 11-12 range as soon as possible will save a lot of headaches. I am going to take a swing at the Vapor Eagle's backside next turn.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
That was embarrassing. At least my lack of secondary targets didn't matter!

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
More Lancer is my vote. A Madden memorial play by play might help if we see any esoteric new enemies.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

TheParadigm posted:

More lancer, please! I think for a game based around attrition, it doesn't make sens to stop now!

I would like to see how the between-mission repair step plays out, even if the players didn't really get banged up! Like, inconveniencing the players to spend resources here in order to make things a little higher-stakes later is the name of the game for dramatic tension, right?

I think that if you're feeling like the battletech stuff is lingering, slow turns might be a good time to mix in fluff/text only updates if you feel the inclination strike.

Also, dumb question: Whats an NHP?

An AI that can think or do anything is illegal in Lancer's setting. Trying to make one is in the same ballpark as trying to become immortal, destroying FTL Node Gates, or making hypercoms without a license. Stuff that has been illegal long before the current government, the third directorate. Notably this is the third directorate. One of the reforms they have implemented is to treat the artificial life that runs their factories and such as people, Non-Human Persons. This should make it a lot clearer as to whether people are talking about a legal entity with proper restrictions or some wild experiment.

A good example of the NHP restrictions is the Sekhmet included on the Blackbeard: It grapples and punches people exceptionally well and for free 1/turn. But that is all it does, you will grapple and punch somebody every turn until your mech explodes or you manually lock it out of the system.

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Thank you. Two excellent rides. And what would be innumerable good reads, if it weren't for the table of contents.