Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1357207290173157376

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goddamn Haven Island is a good rear end map

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
americans aint ready to see the authentic chinese washing machines

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lol those washing machines is what made me realize they def rushed to finish that map. Wonder if they fixed the birdcages hanging from nothing as well

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
I own hitman 1 on PS4 digitally. I am planning on getting 3 whenever I get my ps5. Can I buy a used copy of 2 and import the levels

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You can.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/1365345892283293699

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I got those old bastards.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Not hard at all. One is instantly taken care of if you poison the glass in the winery in the mansion's basement. Then the other one, climb up the pipe on the side of the restaurant across the street, go in the window at the end, lure him into the bathroom you enter into and throw him out the window.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I pulled off the kills alright but for some reason i couldn't find the car exit so panicked and ran down to the boat in the docks, and a guard body was found whilst I was on my way which blew my silent assassin.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Aston posted:

I pulled off the kills alright but for some reason i couldn't find the car exit so panicked and ran down to the boat in the docks, and a guard body was found whilst I was on my way which blew my silent assassin.

They actually specifically removed the car exit from just this ET, because when it showed up first in Hitman 2 the car was running over an NPC on the way out, and they never managed to fix it and add it back in.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

They actually specifically removed the car exit from just this ET, because when it showed up first in Hitman 2 the car was running over an NPC on the way out, and they never managed to fix it and add it back in.

lol

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

at least I'm not going crazy, it's been so long since I exited Sapienza from anything other than the seaplane I could only vaguely remember there being an exit around that part of the map and when I checked afterwards I thought I must have blindly missed it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the new super duper does everything sniper rifle is so fun

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

had the most spectacular fuckup on the ET lol. Poisoned the dude in the wine cellar and that was fine, snuck over to the other guy in the office building and prepared to take him out via chandelier. Knocked out his bodyguard or whatever and stuffed him in a box while the target and maid were out of the room, then was feeling lazy, and decided just to shoot the chandelier from right beside the guy without bothering to knock out the maid or get to a higher position.

Turns out this particular chandelier only falls down if you shoot the chain, so I shot the thing itself desperately like five times in a row. The target was slightly upset by this (though uh not as much as expected) and backed off slightly, so when I finally shot down the chandelier it just slightly missed him. I think he was actually standing between the bars.

So we basically stared at each other for five seconds before I shrugged and shot him in the head, at which point the maid walked in.

See, she wouldn't have cared if she'd found the body after the chandelier hit it, but since I'd shot him, it immediately ruined my SA approach even though I nonchalantly strolled away.

Don't cut corners kids

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I thought you always had to shoot the chain (or the winch).

American McGay fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 3, 2021

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1367474922554093580?s=19

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

berlin egg hunt

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i will murder those eggs

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I knew something was up with that drat egg.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

elf help book posted:

i will murder those eggs

The egg strategy.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

i will murder those eggs

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the bunnisher

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

the bunnisher

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

TE
CH
NO

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

TE
CH
NO

B A
A K
R A

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Hoipe

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i was doing one of the five level escalations last night and i breeze through the first 4 levels, and then the 5th changed who all the targets were, i didnt even notice one of them changed and just killed the wrong guy, failed the mission, and was confused

once i realized what they did its just... thats a new mission, not an escalation... i turned the game off and went to bed, didnt have patience for that

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You should pay more attention next time and maybe you won't ragequit.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

no.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Three-level escalations are always better imo.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Escalations just as a concept are really cool and it's a shame that a lot of people either don't know they exist or just skip them. They can also help you learn more about the level and AI patterns than just doing the regular missions because of how specific the setup is. Once I figured out the Paris escalation with the battle axe I felt like I unlocked my brain and could expertly traverse the entire map.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i absolutely love the paris map its a perfect intro to the series

you start and you see "trespassing" and feel like well i cant hardly go anywhere
maybe you find the auction pass but drat they frisk me, how am i supposed to kill anyone without a gun
maybe you learn about helmut and think ahh a costume is a key to going where you want

but slowly you learn the level is a giant block of swiss cheese, you can get anywhere from anywhere else with no hassle, no frisks needed, and even if i want to go that way, who needs a gun?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

i absolutely love the paris map its a perfect intro to the series

you start and you see "trespassing" and feel like well i cant hardly go anywhere
maybe you find the auction pass but drat they frisk me, how am i supposed to kill anyone without a gun
maybe you learn about helmut and think ahh a costume is a key to going where you want

but slowly you learn the level is a giant block of swiss cheese, you can get anywhere from anywhere else with no hassle, no frisks needed, and even if i want to go that way, who needs a gun?

it's so good. then you do sapienza and your mind just gets blown again with how intricate it is and how everything interplays

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Escalations are great when you know maps really well and can plan out how to do them more easily, bringing tools and using starts you usually wouldn't. Also makes you explore less used parts of the maps and find little details or traversals you didn't know about. It's fun trying to make a situation work when you hosed something up, because you can't reload. I'm kind of glad I didn't dig into them in H2, since now the progressed is reset it's fun going through them all. It's also cool when they don't change heaps during each stage and you're just making your routing more efficient each time from what you learned doing the previous stage. I find the vomit pistol really good at making them less stressful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

aw man I finally stopped procrastinating and did Mendoza + the last level and Mendoza is a loving fantastic map/sendoff isn't it. Properly elegiac. When I was told to "dress appropriately" for the level exit I backtracked all the way to the start and put on my clown costume

The train level is fine but even thinner than I expected lol, worth it for the incredible press F to blow up Diana's parents flashback