Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
just finished my masters playthrough on all the maps and i'm going to start my sniper assassin challenge run. ive been so focused on the main maps that i missed theres a sniper mode with 3 maps of its own. is that mode worth checking out? i'm also wondering if i should do the elusive target arcade, which seems like the escalation contracts but you get locked out for a period of time if you fail? im already over 100 hours in playtime so i wonder if i should add these things to my To Do gamer list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
the sniper mode is fun, imo.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Nutmeg posted:

just finished my masters playthrough on all the maps and i'm going to start my sniper assassin challenge run. ive been so focused on the main maps that i missed theres a sniper mode with 3 maps of its own. is that mode worth checking out? i'm also wondering if i should do the elusive target arcade, which seems like the escalation contracts but you get locked out for a period of time if you fail? im already over 100 hours in playtime so i wonder if i should add these things to my To Do gamer list.

Eh, the sniper mode is alright. It's a real grind to actually unlock anything though. I personally just went through the three maps to get a Silent Assassin rating on them, which was pretty fun, then never looked back.
You have to play through them an insane amount of times to max out the mastery tree though, so I wouldn't recommend putting yourself through that, personally

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

Eh, the sniper mode is alright. It's a real grind to actually unlock anything though. I personally just went through the three maps to get a Silent Assassin rating on them, which was pretty fun, then never looked back. You have to play through them an insane amount of times to max out the mastery tree

Yeah, I ended up doing every challenge on the Vienna level and the mastery for it was something like 7/20. That ain't worth it!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/iointeractive/status/1551923976531857416?s=21&t=SJbVHBMPzqhXL--nTI6VRA

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
*fills pockets with explosive rubber duckies* lets do this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Nutmeg posted:

lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Nutmeg posted:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Nutmeg posted:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Metal Gear July may have to lead into Hitman August for this gamer

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Imagining a snake and agent 47 encounter

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

SpaceAceJase posted:

Imagining a snake and agent 47 encounter

Codec helpers trying desperately to explain the concept of "wearing someone else's clothes" to an increasingly confused and upset Snake while 47 does his best Liquid impersonation

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
"Snake, try to remember the basics of garbology."

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

SNAKE: Hmm. On the battlefield, we all wear a disguise. To hide the shadow of our sins from the light of day.
DIANA: Snake, just put on the bellhop uniform

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Diana and Mei dyking it out hardcore lol. Lmfao. Well

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

SNAKE: Hmm. On the battlefield, we all wear a disguise. To hide the shadow of our sins from the light of day.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

Diana and Mei dyking it out hardcore lol. Lmfao. Well

i've come unpeeled

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sub-Actuality posted:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-road-to-freelancer/

HITMAN 3 Freelancer is a brand new, single-player mode that introduces rogue-like elements, strategic planning and a customisable safehouse.

For now, we’re aiming to release HITMAN 3: Freelancer on 26th January 2023. It will arrive as a free update for all HITMAN 3 owners.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That sounds loving HYPE!!!!!!!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hitman 3: Road to Boruto

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
have they said if you will be able to clear out achievements and challenges for the various levels in the new mode

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Nice - sounds good! Great to hear it's finally getting close to coming out, too. I'll definitely be jumping back into Hitman 3 for a spin once Freelancer is out, that's for sure

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2ZZlIMdavM

cool breakdown of the freelancer mode

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
this video rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZptPBz9gp_c

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

that was nuts.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this is fuckin insane lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
There are sniper shots you can only land if you carry a muffin to stand on in that game lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got the tude now posted:

There are sniper shots you can only land if you carry a muffin to stand on in that game lol

Hitman ftw.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I got the tude now posted:

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/schwartzbCNBC/status/1615045557885575170

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

Freelancer launches tomorrow so does the rebrand. hoping they give a few bucks off the deluxe upgrade for a bit

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Look John I'm trying to be on your side around here but someone needs to probate your rear end for not already owning every single piece of Hitman DLC available.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

American McGay posted:

Look John I'm trying to be on your side around here but someone needs to probate your rear end for not already owning every single piece of Hitman DLC available.

I beat the story in 3 around the time they announced freelancer and figured I would get the H2 pass and seven deadly sins when it came out

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I've been petitioning admins to add a 'Euthanasia' button for posters like him, but as usual they've been dragging their feet about it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Freelancer mode already owns and I've only done 2 maps in it. gonna get this poo poo to 100 mastery for sure

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Freelancer owns. God this game is such a content filled package.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Haven’t figured out how to pick out the syndicate bosses yet, just leaving a trail of extremely similar dead suspects in my wake