Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Duck yard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hate the time limited stuff in MHW bc it's a whole new monster they added that's only around for 2 weeks. That's like if Hitman added a new map that could only be accessed for a weekend. But the elusive targets are basically leaderboard events

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What would be the difference between the game not having them and somehow missing them. The knowledge that you missed free KhanTent? Big loving deal kid. I bought three copies of this game to support the dev’s decisions. So gently caress you.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

I hate the time limited stuff in MHW bc it's a whole new monster they added that's only around for 2 weeks. That's like if Hitman added a new map that could only be accessed for a weekend. But the elusive targets are basically leaderboard events

That pissed me off a lot more actually yeah. The limited time game modes for CoD need to go too.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The elusive targets are great and i like theure limited and if it bothered you so much you could have done a single one when they ran through every single one again for a second time for the past year

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I guess Io redeemed themselves by actually including a full fledged Remaster of the entire first season, free to anyone who already owned it, in their new game which is an insane amount of support and should be how every developer handles remasters... I can’t say the same for the other devs though

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

The elusive targets are great and i like theure limited and if it bothered you so much you could have done a single one when they ran through every single one again for a second time for the past year

*scoffs*

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I guess Io redeemed themselves by actually including a full fledged Remaster of the entire first season, free to anyone who already owned it, in their new game which is an insane amount of support and should be how every developer handles remasters... I can’t say the same for the other devs though

I have no idea how squeenix let them keep the levels and poo poo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

I only got it a couple months ago...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Wait, does it wipe your mastery for the old levels? Thought it carried over. Oh well, I’m curious to retry everything on the updated engine anyways

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah mastery and unlocks don't carry over, since I think they reworked all the goals slightly for the new mechanics.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh if they actually modified that stuff, all the better.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Just tested this: https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/7exyg9/mod_skip_intro_screen/

It appears the Skip Intro mod for 1 still works on 2.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh if they actually modified that stuff, all the better.

Yeah they did a lot more than just porting them over

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I bought this and it kicks rear end. I don't understand how to get the legacy pass though... I installed the base game of 2016 and nothing shows up for it in the in-game store and I own all the episodes. Do I also have to download and install all the hitman 1 episodes?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

goferchan posted:

I bought this and it kicks rear end. I don't understand how to get the legacy pass though... I installed the base game of 2016 and nothing shows up for it in the in-game store and I own all the episodes. Do I also have to download and install all the hitman 1 episodes?

You have to install all the Hitman 1 stuff, launch it, then go over to the store tab and select the legacy pack to get the option to redeem it. Then it downloads the episodes for Hitman 2. A bit time consuming, but it seems worth it so far.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

if youre on pc itll just start downloading a bit after you first launch 2, you dont need 1 still installed

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I feel like I'm going to spend days on Miami lol. So many little story threads I'm picking up here and there; it's hard to pick one plan and focus on it. I did my first play through of Hitman 2016 with all the mission guide stuff turned on but I'm not doing it this time and it's very rewarding so far

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

also the new engine tweaks are small but the first time someone spotted me behind them because I was reflected in a mirror they were looking at it blew my mind

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

I did my first play through of Hitman 2016 with all the mission guide stuff turned on

:ughh:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I guess maybe if you were new to hit man but I can’t imagine that being the first instinct of anyone who played Blood Money.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I went back without it and did a bunch of alternate routes but yeah it still feels like cheating in retrospect compared to being dropped into missions blind. Tfw you're scouting out the area with no goal in sight is so good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I guess maybe if you were new to hit man but I can’t imagine that being the first instinct of anyone who played Blood Money.

I played a little of one of the old old PC ones but never Blood Money

edit: also it was the default option, at least when the game came out. I didn't know better and plead retardation

goferchan fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 11, 2018

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

if youre on pc itll just start downloading a bit after you first launch 2, you dont need 1 still installed

It would be impossible to have both installed since the games are 20tb each for some reason

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

It would be impossible to have both installed since the games are 20tb each for some reason

It's due to all the epic content.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Holy poo poo the vermont mission rules . This game is so good and it's impossible to pick a favorite level

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im still playing miami

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

im still playing miami

I decided to just get one clear on each and then come back for completion later with the new toys i unlock. All my successful attempts on the first 3 maps were great, they all involved like an hour of stealthily exploring and setting up elaborate accidents and then loving something up at the last second and killing my target by throwing a butcher's knife in their head in the middle of a crowd and then hauling rear end for the exit

edit: also from replaying Miami a little it's cool that they brought back some real-time progression triggers that are independent from your actions, I don't think there was any of that in 2016. Like there are a few steps you can take to trigger the race to end early in Miami but if you just stand around it always ends by itself after like 20 minutes on the mission clock. I imagine there's stuff like that in other levels too

goferchan fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Nov 12, 2018

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

im still playing miami

Same I’ve hunted down and killed bob 500 times this weekend.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Also I may be misinterpreting what the game is telling me but it seems like finding bits of information in certain missions might unlock different paths and opportunities when you play later missions? I could be wrong but that's kind of the read i got from finding some out-of-the way intel that references later-game locations. I like how the meta-progression works in general, it's cool not having any location names marked on the map until you've discovered them on a previous run. Also the little splash screen at the end of each mission completion that hints at other opportunities you missed to help uncover each map's full story is probably nice for people coming into the series fresh who don't understand the game structure. I know I saw at least a couple people on Reddit who were pissed that they "beat the game" in like 6 hours lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

I decided to just get one clear on each and then come back for completion later with the new toys i unlock. All my successful attempts on the first 3 maps were great, they all involved like an hour of stealthily exploring and setting up elaborate accidents and then loving something up at the last second and killing my target by throwing a butcher's knife in their head in the middle of a crowd and then hauling rear end for the exit

edit: also from replaying Miami a little it's cool that they brought back some real-time progression triggers that are independent from your actions, I don't think there was any of that in 2016. Like there are a few steps you can take to trigger the race to end early in Miami but if you just stand around it always ends by itself after like 20 minutes on the mission clock. I imagine there's stuff like that in other levels too

in paris if you take too long helmut will walk the stage himself and the show will end with sato or the target taking the stage to bow

its really confusing if you want to get helmuts costume as the 2nd kill you want to do and hes not in the backyard anymore

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah Paris is the only map I could think of like that and even then I feel sometimes it just, doesn't start too

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

in paris if you take too long helmut will walk the stage himself and the show will end with sato or the target taking the stage to bow

its really confusing if you want to get helmuts costume as the 2nd kill you want to do and hes not in the backyard anymore

Huh I never noticed that was on a timer, I guess I always hit the trigger events first. Miami is the only mission where I've noticed a time thing like that for sure (21 minutes on the mission clock exactly) but there are a few bits since then that I suspect also go ahead and play out if you wait around

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im trying to think of other non-looping, untriggered events in 1 and i can only really think of the guy in Hokkaido getting the helmut face surgery, he travels from the resort area to the surgery area and never comes back

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i also am doing like one mission through and then gonna go back but ive done more than one on miami and hawkes bay already. its been fun because instead of being really meticulous ive been just rolling with it when bad poo poo happens and so you get awesome moments like this:

https://twitter.com/hormelchile/status/1061228564043960322

this game is reallly fun when youre running around just cutting people down with axes and throwing them into peoples heads and shits and not caring about only killing the targets

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the vibe of the vermont level is cool too reminds me of that milkman level in psychonauts

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm pretty sure I've been in the last map for about 3 hours now and I've only gotten one of the three targets. Probably my favorite Hitman level, feels like a massively upgraded version of Paris from S1. Also disguise spoiler you can dress up in a suit of armor and stand on a pedestal and make people think you're a statue

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pre-Loading this now. Does this game actually have 7 maps :dogstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Pre-Loading this now. Does this game actually have 7 maps :dogstare:

no, its got the 2 tutorial maps from 1, a tiny intro level, and 5 giant levels